• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quacks & Pseudoscience

I am not sure you agree with...

The committee also found there was no rigorous process to track adverse events, leading to “gross underreporting”.

You don't think it is relevant that one of great countries of the World complain about the "gross underreporting" of the adverse effects of the HPV vaccine

You don't think it is relevant that one of great countries of the World complain about the "gross underreporting" of the adverse effects of the HPV vaccine

If drowning is one of the side effects of the vaccine, we really do have problems.

You are suggesting the Indian Government are lying about the "gross underreporting" of the adverse effects of the HPV vaccine.

Big Pharma can live in hope but as it stands:

“The safety and rights of the children in this vaccination project were highly compromised and violated,”

"there was no rigorous process to track adverse events, leading to “gross underreporting”.

"a clinical trial in all but name and that the organisation had used “subterfuge” to avoid the “arduous and strictly regulated process” of such a trial."

“sole aim was to promote the commercial interests of HPV vaccine manufacturers, who would have reaped windfall profits had Path been successful in getting the HPV vaccine included” in India’s immunisation protocols.

Pretty damning of you and Big Pharma. (much worse than anything Wakefield did)

But that's Japan and India.

But they are not the only ones are they?

Last edited:
How about a bit of light relief from our friends at the Daily Mail

82,000 adverse effects from HPV Vaccine in this country.

Don't tell me... Let me guess....

They all drowned?

Last edited:
JPBB: A few pages ago I asked what 'vaccine-damage' is. No reply thus far. Are we talking side-effects, because we all understand all medicines (vaccines included) have side effects? A local posted in my post office is advertising NHS flu jabs for adults and nasal spray for children. Under the child one it even stated that there were 'very few side effects' - so not none. It's the balance between saving lives, or in this case, avoiding a nasty bug which can kill (although unlikely).

I'll ask my dilemma again: If a vaccine was found to cause autism in 1 in a million kids but, for example, measles was found to cause death in 1 in 1000 kids, would you vaccinate your child. I would (and have).

Big Pharma can live in hope but as it stands:

“The safety and rights of the children in this vaccination project were highly compromised and violated,”

"there was no rigorous process to track adverse events, leading to “gross underreporting”.

"a clinical trial in all but name and that the organisation had used “subterfuge” to avoid the “arduous and strictly regulated process” of such a trial."

“sole aim was to promote the commercial interests of HPV vaccine manufacturers, who would have reaped windfall profits had Path been successful in getting the HPV vaccine included” in India’s immunisation protocols.

Pretty damning of you and Big Pharma. (much worse than anything Wakefield did)

But that's Japan and India.

But they are not the only ones are they?

Again you are quoting selectively and ignoring evidence that contradicts your argument. The parliamentary panel were critical of the conduct of the trial but there is nothing from this incident that supports your argument that vaccines are unsafe.

State investigations absolved the trial’s managers—PATH and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in New Delhi—of responsibility in the deaths. Five were evidently unrelated to the vaccine: One girl drowned in a quarry; another died from a snake bite; two committed suicide by ingesting pesticides; and one died from complications of malaria. The causes of death for the other two girls were less certain: one possibly from pyrexia, or high fever, and a second from a suspected cerebral hemorrhage. Government investigators concluded that pyrexia was “very unlikely” to be related to the vaccine, and likewise they considered a link between stroke and the vaccine as “unlikely.” ICMR’s director general, microbiologist Vishwa Mohan Katoch, categorically rejects a connection: “Based on the enquiry, it is certain that causality of the seven deaths was not at all related to the HPV vaccine,” he insists. Other experts say that in the absence of autopsies, it is impossible to pinpoint the actual cause of death.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/09/indian-parliament-comes-down-hard-cervical-cancer-trial

How about a bit of light relief from our friends at the Daily Mail

82,000 adverse effects from HPV Vaccine in this country.

Don't tell me... Let me guess....

They all drowned?

Do you have a link to the story?

So when a Indian parliamentary committee says:

You say they are lying?

If they genuinely think Path's aim was to benefit vaccine manufacturers, then I'd say they were wrong.

JPBB: A few pages ago I asked what 'vaccine-damage' is. No reply thus far. Are we talking side-effects, because we all understand all medicines (vaccines included) have side effects? A local posted in my post office is advertising NHS flu jabs for adults and nasal spray for children. Under the child one it even stated that there were 'very few side effects' - so not none. It's the balance between saving lives, or in this case, avoiding a nasty bug which can kill (although unlikely).

I'll ask my dilemma again: If a vaccine was found to cause autism in 1 in a million kids but, for example, measles was found to cause death in 1 in 1000 kids, would you vaccinate your child. I would (and have).

I guess what i would say is this. You pays your money and you takes your chance.

What is important is that you know the risks and benefits. I say the risks are understated. And the benefits are overstated.

So 82,000 adverse effects in this country for HPV vaccine and we have no idea if it will work.

You choose whether you belief big Pharma when they tell you it is safe or the Indian Government who says the sole aim is to promote the commercial interests of HPV vaccine manufacturers

Whether you pump this unnecessary brick into your teenager and risk the pretty devastating side effects is very much your choice.

And i did once. (And would never do it again).

So 82,000 adverse effects in this country for HPV vaccine and we have no idea if it will work.

Wrong.

It has been shown to be 99% effective at preventing pre-cancer or cancer of the cervix associated with HPV types 16 or 18 in young women. Gardasil® is also 99% effective at preventing HPV6- and HPV11-associated genital warts.

http://patient.info/health/human-papillomavirus-hpv-immunisation

To give this some context, over 90% of cervical cancers are caused by HPV, a cancer which claimed the lives of 270,000 women in 2012 alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-there-opposition-hpv-vaccine-cervical-cancer

What is important is that you know the risks and benefits. I say the risks are understated. And the benefits are overstated.

But you have been unable to present any empirical evidence that supports either position.

Back