• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

While the way of blaming other for getting themselves invaded is not a new or novel way of thinking, it is quite a statement from Mr. Putler.

It was quite a widespread and accepted opinion among the upper echelons of the German society that when big nations quarrel, smaller nations should fall in line, or suffer the concequences at their own peril.
The notion was of course resoundly taken care of during and after the war, and was one of many important things to take out of the Nüremberg trials and the establishment of the UNWCC.

The fact that Putler thinks he can alter history like that is disturbing, because he is following a very familiar playbook. A certain historic figure wrote in his rather second rate magnus opus about his "struggles" that a political message must be aimed at the most ignorant person in the crowd, in order to have the widest possible audience. Thus we see Putin and Trump (and certain figures a bit closer to home as well) spout lies that a halv-educated ten year old would see straight through, with no shame.
The alarming thing is the rather large number of ignoramouses that seem to soak up the message, and re-spout it, and sort of saturating the media with this new "true" history.

It is also quite interesting that you by this you can sort of measure what Trump and Putin think of the intelligence of their audience. Trump certainly must think they are beyond stupid, given the calibre of his lies. And who are we to say that he is wrong?

While the way of blaming other for getting themselves invaded is not a new or novel way of thinking, it is quite a statement from Mr. Putler.

It was quite a widespread and accepted opinion among the upper echelons of the German society that when big nations quarrel, smaller nations should fall in line, or suffer the concequences at their own peril.
The notion was of course resoundly taken care of during and after the war, and was one of many important things to take out of the Nüremberg trials and the establishment of the UNWCC.

The fact that Putler thinks he can alter history like that is disturbing, because he is following a very familiar playbook. A certain historic figure wrote in his rather second rate magnus opus about his "struggles" that a political message must be aimed at the most ignorant person in the crowd, in order to have the widest possible audience. Thus we see Putin and Trump (and certain figures a bit closer to home as well) spout lies that a halv-educated ten year old would see straight through, with no shame.
The alarming thing is the rather large number of ignoramouses that seem to soak up the message, and re-spout it, and sort of saturating the media with this new "true" history.

It is also quite interesting that you by this you can sort of measure what Trump and Putin think of the intelligence of their audience. Trump certainly must think they are beyond stupid, given the calibre of his lies. And who are we to say that he is wrong?

We've only ourselves to blame, when the population are more interested in love island, celeb dance offs, tik tok and Facebook than actually learning about the real world what can we expect.
And it's not just the "bad guys" that are happy with that, they all want a docile and maleable population.

We've only ourselves to blame, when the population are more interested in love island, celeb dance offs, tik tok and Facebook than actually learning about the real world what can we expect.
And it's not just the "bad guys" that are happy with that, they all want a docile and maleable population.

It’s worse. Very few want to invest anything into our society when much can be made by destroying it.

That interview was a disaster for fudger Carlson personally. Putin pulled the tinkle out of him a few times during the course of it, and it should destroy what little was left of his reputation. He may even end up on a no-fly list in the EU, though that might be just interweb bollox. Either way, his attempt to make himself relevant again has backfired hilariously.

The whole thing was a car crash. Pure unfiltered fiction. It makes you wonder who was the intended audience.

That interview was a disaster for fudger Carlson personally. Putin pulled the tinkle out of him a few times during the course of it, and it should destroy what little was left of his reputation. He may even end up on a no-fly list in the EU, though that might be just interweb bollox. Either way, his attempt to make himself relevant again has backfired hilariously.

The whole thing was a car crash. Pure unfiltered fiction. It makes you wonder who was the intended audience.

I've not seen anything other than that clip there, but technically putin is right.
His interpretation and spin is bonkers, but from that limited clip he isn't wrong.

Huxley called it a long time ago. Blunt authoritarianism was never the threat, it was distraction

He's right about what?
After taking the rhineland, sudetenland and Austria without firing a shot or any real kick back from the rest of the world why wouldn't Hitler think Poland would be any different.
He was convinced the British and French would not go to war over Poland.
Not forgetting of course that Germany attacked from one side and the ussr from the other and they carved Poland up between them.
As I say I've only just watched that clip so my interpretation my be off, but it appears to me that this is him trying to justify his actions in Ukraine, Georgia, crimea.
It's bonkers and a severe twisting of the narrative, and possibly a threat, but it is technically correct.

After taking the rhineland, sudetenland and Austria without firing a shot or any real kick back from the rest of the world why wouldn't Hitler think Poland would be any different.
He was convinced the British and French would not go to war over Poland.
Not forgetting of course that Germany attacked from one side and the ussr from the other and they carved Poland up between them.
As I say I've only just watched that clip so my interpretation my be off, but it appears to me that this is him trying to justify his actions in Ukraine, Georgia, crimea.
It's bonkers and a severe twisting of the narrative, and possibly a threat, but it is technically correct.

Our leaders were right to be reluctant. Germany easily squashed France and the British Army on contact.

Russia do not wield the same power.

Our leaders were right to be reluctant. Germany easily squashed France and the British Army on contact.

Russia do not wield the same power.
A chance to rearm and prepare, whether that time was used properly or that the poles thought the sacrifice was worse it is debatable.

Back