• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PS2 / Footy games

My first football game on the C64

[video=youtube_share;-uvtC1oOIEc]http://youtu.be/-uvtC1oOIEc[/video]

I'd love to be able to play Sensible world of soccer again

[video=youtube_share;kL2T4Yn2Tq8]http://youtu.be/kL2T4Yn2Tq8[/video]

Last edited:
Good old Sensible Soccer...

Running up to the halfway line, over to the wing, then shoot as it deceived the keeper every single time.

My first football game on the C64

[video=youtube_share;-uvtC1oOIEc]http://youtu.be/-uvtC1oOIEc[/video]

i had that on C64 - such a great game!

Fans Riot costing the club money!! :eek:

Jimmy Hill calls you great - confidence plummets \o/

SI still have A LOT to learn!
3D graphics? dynamics tactically changes - pah! I want a fan riot in the new FM.

I really enjoyed Player Manager too. Kick Off but as the - well, player manager. Spent hours on that. 50 odd years old and still trying (the player not me).

For those Not ITK. You were one player on the pitch, the player manager (I reiterate) and you just had to run around madly trying to score shed loads! :D

Player Manager - thought i was the only one who remembered/played this :D (are you talking about the PSX version?)

There was a flaw in the transfer section which you could exploit to buy the best players for as low as you cared to haggle the selling team down to - that's about all i remember though

RTWC98 was on the original playstation wasn't it?

also my version had Ginola on the front, not that impostor up there [-X

the first Premier Manager on the Mega Drive was legendary as well and the top view Italia '90

Ginola was on the front of Fifa 97

Not old school but I played PES 2009 for ages, was the perfect gameplay for me. Finally switched to the new PES but sold out and went for FIFA. Doesn't have the same enjoyment for me but the idea behind the Ultimate Team is good.

Not old school but I played PES 2009 for ages, was the perfect gameplay for me. Finally switched to the new PES but sold out and went for FIFA. Doesn't have the same enjoyment for me but the idea behind the Ultimate Team is good.

Don't know if it's because I am getting older but I find it hard to play football games like FIFA or PES for a long while now. Used to be able to play for hours but nowadays it's just sort of repetitive and a bit boring after a while.

I feel the same about FM (for the last few years) - became too involved. I only have so much time to play it (around work and family time, etc) so can't be arsed to delve in so much. Same with FIFA Ultimate Team; I spend most time in the transfer market and not playing the actual game!

I gave this a bit of thought a few months back and came to the following conclusion:

5 - Arcade Soccer (BBC Micro)
4 - World League Soccer '98 (PSX)
3- SWOS (Amiga)
2 - PES 4 (PS2)
1 - Kick Off 2 / Player Manager (Amiga)

Could talk for hours about any of them! All very much based on the enjoyment I got from each (PES 4 was the version I spent the most of time on in that series for example). KO2 was my game for years, literally. I used to run a team on Player Manager then import it to KO2 and play it in their league, which is why the two go together for me. The control system in KO2 was better, in fact I still do not think there is a better game in which you can weight passes or truly gauge the swerve of a shot.

Back