• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

:ross: MNG Rock and roll.

We will have a fit squad. You know that. We will have a team system. We will be better to watch. What a funcking relief!

Sandro looks the most unfit. He wasn't really fit much of last season, so he has the biggest distance to travel. When he is fit and ready....

The massive question is how will Pochettino craft a side from a heap of talented but similar players. There are almost no stand out, first on the team sheet players! Last season, I don't think anyone on here could agree a first 11. I don't think anyone on here could now. So many uncertainties. How will the midfield look is the big one. So many players, so many options. Poc will earn his millions if he addresses the midfield. It won't be easy. There will be casualties.

:ross: MNG Rock and roll.

We will have a fit squad. You know that. We will have a team system. We will be better to watch. What a funcking relief!

Sandro looks the most unfit. He wasn't really fit much of last season, so he has the biggest distance to travel. When he is fit and ready....

The massive question is how will Pochettino craft a side from a heap of talented but similar players. There are almost no stand out, first on the team sheet players! Last season, I don't think anyone on here could agree a first 11. I don't think anyone on here could now. So many uncertainties. How will the midfield look is the big one. So many players, so many options. Poc will earn his millions if he addresses the midfield. It won't be easy. There will be casualties.

Agreeing on a first 11 isn't that hard, the big differences come down to formation/type of players required

GK -> Lloris
RB -> Walker
CB -> Verts
DM -> Sandro (if you use one)
CM/LM -> Eriksen
RW -> Lennon (hopefully Lamela becomes first choice)
FW -> Ade
FW -> Soldado (if you use two or want something different to Ade)

6-8 of first 11 pick themselves really, depending on if you play DB/winger/two strikers/etc.

But good to see squad there, options a plenty for Poch

Agreeing on a first 11 isn't that hard, the big differences come down to formation/type of players required

GK -> Lloris
RB -> Walker
CB -> Verts
DM -> Sandro (if you use one)
CM/LM -> Eriksen
RW -> Lennon (hopefully Lamela becomes first choice)
FW -> Ade
FW -> Soldado (if you use two or want something different to Ade)

6-8 of first 11 pick themselves really, depending on if you play DB/winger/two strikers/etc.

But good to see squad there, options a plenty for Poch

Who/ would you sell from Dembele, Bentaleb, Carol, Sigi, Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Capoue, Paulinho?

Who/ would you sell from Dembele, Bentaleb, Carol, Sigi, Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Capoue, Paulinho?

Put in midfield thread, hard call now (no view to them training or understanding Poch's needs) -> Dembele/Chadli/Siggy for sure, potentially Townsend as well

One or both of Carroll/Bentaleb on loan

Put in midfield thread, hard call now (no view to them training or understanding Poch's needs) -> Dembele/Chadli/Siggy for sure, potentially Townsend as well

One or both of Carroll/Bentaleb on loan

Fair play.

Personally, I like the way Chadli and Dembele can overpower other teams. It can be impossible to get the ball off them. But neither seems to have the mentality to dominate as they could or deliver end product. With the right manager I hold hope they could develop to be consistent threats. Both should strike fear into the opposition.

Fair play.

Personally, I like the way Chadli and Dembele can overpower other teams. It can be impossible to get the ball off them. But neither seems to have the mentality to dominate as they could or deliver end product. With the right manager I hold hope they could develop to be consistent threats. Both should strike fear into the opposition.

I like the physicality of both, Dembele in particular has an insane ability to shield the ball when he is in possession, I really like the option of Spurs playing a physically imposing midfield.

My problem is both seem awful at decision making, Dembele again has all the tools to be a very high level footballer, but it's his decisions that time and time again let him down.

Now maybe, with a consistent system, a functional plan of what he is expected to do, he may yet shine for us, but that is Poch's call.

I like the physicality of both, Dembele in particular has an insane ability to shield the ball when he is in possession, I really like the option of Spurs playing a physically imposing midfield.

My problem is both seem awful at decision making, Dembele again has all the tools to be a very high level footballer, but it's his decisions that time and time again let him down.

Now maybe, with a consistent system, a functional plan of what he is expected to do, he may yet shine for us, but that is Poch's call.

Someone needs to tell Dembele that the whole point of drawing men towards you is to pass to someone in space. Or shoot if within 20 yards

Someone needs to tell Dembele that the whole point of drawing men towards you is to pass to someone in space. Or shoot if within 20 yards

Dembele has admitted in interviews that he doesn't like to shoot... Perhaps Pochettino will be the manager who can finally change Mousa' mindset, as he does have a decent shot in his locker...

Tottenham's Mousa Dembele on why he is not the new Luca Modric | Mail Online
Mousa Dembele is explaining why he does not score many goals — just six in the Barclays Premier League since joining Fulham in August 2010.

The Tottenham midfielder takes his time and chooses his words carefully, exhibiting the same calm, unhurried manner and balance with which he plays. It’s not a lack of confidence, he says, but a desire to score the right kind of goal; to ‘do it nice and beautiful’. Welcome to the relaxed, laid-back world of Planet Dembele, where time seems to tick at a different pace and style is everything.

‘I just like to play, to pass the ball and dribble,’ says the Belgium star. ‘When I was young I never shot. I always wanted to dribble the ball in the goal. I don’t want to shoot because I don’t like to, but it’s different now. You have more experience and you think more.

‘Is it about scoring the perfect goal? Yes, maybe. Before I always played on the street with two lampposts that were like a basketball pitch, and we could not shoot. You had to dribble and touch the ball on the posts to score. We never shoot the ball.

‘So maybe it’s because I always played on the street and I liked to do it nice and beautiful.’ He smiles, before saying ‘boom’ and mimicking a driving shot from distance. ‘I know now it’s important to shoot and have the combination,’ he adds, ‘not only to dribble but to shoot a lot as well. I try to do this more and more.

‘It’s true that I have to improve my hunger to score goals and I think in the last two years I have concentrated more on this. I don’t score a lot of goals but before I only thought about playing nice football. Now I try to be more important for the team by trying to score goals as well.’

BsFb3NmCQAAhkHY.jpg

BsGw1SJIQAA6xAc.jpg

BsG4IFfIQAATYBm.jpg

Once again no pictures of walker actually training.....not standing around wearing weird glasses, I mean physically training!

Dembele has admitted in interviews that he doesn't like to shoot... Perhaps Pochettino will be the manager who can finally change Mousa' mindset, as he does have a decent shot in his locker...

Tottenham's Mousa Dembele on why he is not the new Luca Modric | Mail Online

Interesting. Its obviously psychological. If you say or think - I'm not a natural goal scorer - which is what he's saying, your not going to drive the ball home all that often. A good manager will get him believing in himself. In training get him pinging the ball into the back of the net from all angles, with minimal thought and time. They say to him - there you go - now think of yourself as a natural. When you're on the pitch, don't think, just hit the corner of the net with every shot.

Back