• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Veljkovic has shown his age imo. He's been isolated a couple of times and has made the foul, often being caught square on to his man. The time where Ward burned him for pace is an example.

Are we really that impressed with Capoue? Does a decent job covering the defence, I agree, but his first touch is spectacularly poor at times and his passing is unreliable. I would like a player who is more comfortable in possession in that position. He will lose the ball too often in dangerous areas. It is strange to see how much more ability a player like Ryan Mason, who has struggled to make it in the lower leagues, has on the ball.

2nd half team: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Veljkovic, Davies, Lennon, Mason, Eriksen, Holtby, Capoue, Soldado.

Are we really that impressed with Capoue? Does a decent job covering the defence, I agree, but his first touch is spectacularly poor at times and his passing is unreliable. I would like a player who is more comfortable in possession in that position. He will lose the ball too often in dangerous areas. It is strange to see how much more ability a player like Ryan Mason, who has struggled to make it in the lower leagues, has on the ball.

I have to disagree with that assessment. In the first half he was moving the ball well and intelligently as well as covering in front of the defenders. He's in constant motion too, showing for the ball all the time. This is in complete contrast to his first preseason game against the Sounders where he was static and not involved.

Last edited:

Thought Capo positioned himself well and kept the ball moving nicely. Missed the opening ten minutes though.

What about the in-commentary advert! Classy. With the commentator reading out the ad mid game as a graphic appears on screen.

Capo done well from what I've seen. Lamela seems to be our main outlet, and he's had moments of class, and moments where he could have done a little better. Have to remind yourself he is what 21?
That happens a dozen, or more times, per game in American sports....part of the reason we don't have large/****ty red/gold/green/blue/etc... foreign sponsor logos all over our chests for the every sport except the MLS, which mostly does it because the rest of the world does

That happens a dozen, or more times, per game in American sports....part of the reason we don't have large/****ty red/gold/green/blue/etc... foreign sponsor logos all over our chests for the every sport except the MLS, which mostly does it because the rest of the world does

Rather have a sponsors name on a shirt than a commentator completely ignoring the action to talk about a product to be honest.

Back