• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

if Saudi Sportswashing Machine are safe by the last game, they will simply roll over and take it up the arse.....Ashley is a scum fan, hates Spurs, and he will demand that Pardew plays the kids

There's no way they're gonna beat QPR away. They have 2 away wins all season.
That Mike Ashley 'brainwave' of yours is typical forum conspiracy theory flimflam.

Jesus, there are so many permutations.

One minute i see us losing on Wednesday and it all being over because Arsenal win their last two games, but then i notice that if we draw on Wednesday and if Chelsea then draw with Everton and Villa (not ridiculous given Villa will probably need a win to be sure) and/or if Arsenal draw with Wigan and go into final day playing Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are at risk, i can see us getting 4th.

Ive just done the Predictor three times and had us finishing 4th, 3rd(!!) and 5th.
Its going to be a nail-biter of a fortnight.

Our saving grace may yet be that Stoke are one point from safety (and are probably in reality safe in any event because all those below them won't/can't win every game) and Sunderland will probably get something at home to Southampton next weekend meaning if Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Wigan don't, Sunderland too are pretty much safe for the last game at WHL.

Chelsea play Villa and Everton, both of whom need at least draws to reach their respective goals (survival and UEFA footy) and Arsenal have what i think are the worst two games - Wigan (who are fighting for their lives) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who, even if they win against QPR, have such a dire goal diff that they wont be safe going into the last day.

So all-in, I'm of the view that Wednesday night is going to be a mustn't lose game.

Good post Cotswald, I made some similar points in the OMT.

One point is that Everton probably won't have much to play for, 6th doesn't get you into the EL this season because of the way the cups have worked out. We might see them needing points to stay ahead of Liverpool, that would be something at least, but most likely by the time Everton face Chelsea they will be in a bit of a vacuum. Hopefully Moyes will manage to fire up the team anyway, this might be his last ever game at Everton, can't see him wanting to out without putting up a fight.

If Tottenham wins against Chelsea, I cant see us loosing out on CL.
If tottenham draw og lose, I still tink its a 40-50 % chance we get CL.

Arsenal and Chelsea are playing against teams that can go down, Tottenham will play against teams that are safe and has nothing to play for.

Arsenal and Chelsea are playing against teams that can go down, Tottenham will play against teams that are safe and has nothing to play for.

You think Sunderland are safe?!?

Need a point tomorrow night and then I think we'll get 4th as Arse wont win their final two. A defeat and we're relying on Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Wigan to beat arse, which I dont see them doing and therefore would expect us to come 5th

Right now Stoke are not safe they wold have been had they held on last night. They still need 2pts to be safe for sure. Although the liklihood that all the clubs below got enough points to overhaul them is very remote.
Doesnt help that we kick-off before everybody else either.

Got a feeling Sunderland will still need a point on the last day too. Tonights game could make the picture a little clearer for a couple of teams.

Right now Stoke are not safe they wold have been had they held on last night. They still need 2pts to be safe for sure. Although the liklihood that all the clubs below got enough points to overhaul them is very remote.
Doesnt help that we kick-off before everybody else either.

Got a feeling Sunderland will still need a point on the last day too. Tonights game could make the picture a little clearer for a couple of teams.

Would take a lot for Stoke to go down. For example:
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine would have to beat either QPR or Arse AND
- Nowrich would have to beat either West Brom or Man C AND
- Wigan would have to win two of their last 3 AND
- Sunderland would have to win one of their last 2
AND more.....

Agree though that Pulis will likely have them fired up on Sat unfortunately

Going into the Arsenal-Wigan game next week:

bbcpredictor4.jpg

I think Wigan's self-destruction today pretty much dooms them imo. I also think it pretty much means it'll be far too much pressure on them to win when they play Arsenal and I fear Arsenal will take full advantage.
Then when they play Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the Geordies will be safe and playing as though full of free beer. Also notice how Pardew has targeted their match at QPR to get the required points:-k
Which basically means to me we must beat Chelski...

It is all over if we only get three points (one win one loss) from the next two games as we will only be one point above them with vastly inferior goal difference. That would mean that Arse will only need 4 points from their last two games. It is all over if we lose tomorrow. COYS.

Hopefully we will be level on points with Chelsea after tonights game. Which of us would then have the more difficult remaining games, especially if the new manager at Utd has not been confirmed? Fingers crossed they announce today/tomorrow that it will be Mourinho. If it was to be Moyes I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight at Chelsea.

Can see us being mentally affected by losing to Chelsea and losing our final 2 games as well. Chelsea then being safe in 3rd on the final day will field a reserve team an lose to Everton meaning we finish 6th :(

Hopefully we will be level on points with Chelsea after tonights game. Which of us would then have the more difficult remaining games, especially if the new manager at Utd has not been confirmed? Fingers crossed they announce today/tomorrow that it will be Mourinho. If it was to be Moyes I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight at Chelsea.

If it's Moyes, he'll get Everton to put up a much bigger fight. It'll be his farewell game, and he'll want Chelsea out of the top four if he is able to. A Chelsea without CL is less threatening than a Chelsea with CL.

If it's Moyes, he'll get Everton to put up a much bigger fight. It'll be his farewell game, and he'll want Chelsea out of the top four if he is able to. A Chelsea without CL is less threatening than a Chelsea with CL.

I can see the logic in your reasoning but I think the players themselves will find it very hard to be motivated. Moyes is amost as much of an institution at Everton as Ferguson is at Utd. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

I personally think its done anyway. I think that Chelsea getting a win at Old Trafford has screwed us as it was one of the fixtures you looked at with them dropping points. Even if we win tonight I can still see us dropping points on Sunday. I think we will go into the last game needing Saudi Sportswashing Machine to do us a favour but in the end we will come up just a point or two short.

How long have you all been supporting Spurs ? Let's say hypothetically we get our wish and beat Chelsea tonight.... we'll go to Stoke and get our arse handed right back to us.

0 from chelsea
0 from stoke
3 from sunderland

If we could win tonight, I'd be pretty confident of beating Stoke. It would be Sunderland on the last day that would worry me, at home we have trouble imposing our game and Sunderland would be well motivated by Di Canio. Could easily be the final slip up.

Back