• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

In as much as that's anything to go by (hopefully, not a huge amount), I'd say in the absence of further additions we appear to be in for a long season full of huff and puff without a great deal on the end of it. Not exactly bursting with creativity, were we? Over to you again then, Daniel. I keep having to remind myself we start the season in three days. Who was the ueber-bellend commentating? I had to turn the sound off.

I agree with most of your post. Trouble is if Kane, Bentaleb , Alli do indeed become real PL stars with us, they will be long gone before the stadium is ready and have any meaningful impact for us achieving top four.

That's what the production line is for. We'll sell them because we'll be confident that Winks, Onomah, Edwards, Yahaya, Azzaoui etc. are ready to take their place and become even better players than those they are replacing.

In as much as that's anything to go by (hopefully, not a huge amount), I'd say in the absence of further additions we appear to be in for a long season full of huff and puff without a great deal on the end of it. Not exactly bursting with creativity, were we? Over to you again then, Daniel. I keep having to remind myself we start the season in three days. Who was the ueber-bellend commentating? I had to turn the sound off.

I keep reading this put we scored more goals last season than any club outside the top four and we were the only club in the league with three players in double figures.

We obviously need cover up front but assuming we get this and with youth players coming into the squad lime Pritchard and Alli who have goals in them, I think that we will be fine.

That's what the production line is for. We'll sell them because we'll be confident that Winks, Onomah, Edwards, Yahaya, Azzaoui etc. are ready to take their place and become even better players than those they are replacing.

I would like to think you are right, but being realistic, how many from our youth teams have actually made it in the PL, never mind being top top stars. The only ones I can think of are Hoddle, King and Judas.

I would like to think you are right, but being realistic, how many from our youth teams have actually made it in the PL, never mind being top top stars. The only ones I can think of are Hoddle, King and Judas.

You don't see any of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Rose, Pritchard, Carroll... making it in the PL?

I keep reading this put we scored more goals last season than any club outside the top four and we were the only club in the league with three players in double figures.

We obviously need cover up front but assuming we get this and with youth players coming into the squad lime Pritchard and Alli who have goals in them, I think that we will be fine.

Maybe, yeah. On the other hand, last season's last season.

But that applies to all Premier clubs. Arsenal have had possibly 5 hone grown PL quality players in Wenger's 19 years let alone true quality stars despite his 'legendary' record as a youth developer and promoter. We at last have an Academy and training centre that is fit for purpose so hopefully the odds improve.

Surely of a game like yesterday demonstrates to Poch that Alli is good enough to play in the first team and he gets his chance, then that alone is a big success

Unless we actually play some games we won't know how good some of these players currently are and the best time to play them is as near to when we need to be at real pace.

Alli showed loads of positives yesterday and it will influence Pochs plans for him

Hopefully it's highlighted any weaknesses too so we can be sure what to do in the transfer market

The result is irrelevant of it helps us get into a better position for the season

Well Livermore and Caulker have played for England and Peter Crouch too

There not world class talents but who has generated genuine world class players in our leave through their own academys and kept them???

Any else think there was a lot of position swapping in that match by Spurs players? More than usual I mean.
Alli was out in the left inside forward position for a good while for example.

You don't see any of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Rose, Pritchard, Carroll... making it in the PL?

Did you actually read my post? GB was stating that our new model for success was dependent on a production line so that when/if the current crop of Kane, Bentaleb etc are sold, they will be replaced by new superstars from our academy. I was pointing out that very, very few have made it as successes from our academy in the past and indeed the only top, top players I can recall coming from there in recent times were Hoddle, King and Judas.

This strategy therefore hardly gives me cause for optimism.

Well Livermore and Caulker have played for England and Peter Crouch too

There not world class talents but who has generated genuine world class players in our leave through their own academys and kept them???

Thanks. You made my point for me admirably. Livermore, Caulker and Crouch. Wow. At best, we only produce mediocre players from our academy, with very few exceptions.

Any else think there was a lot of position swapping in that match by Spurs players? More than usual I mean.
Alli was out in the left inside forward position for a good while for example.

I boycott banal pre-season matches, but Poch's Soton use to have a lot of fluid player interchanging

But that applies to all Premier clubs. Ar5ena1 have had possibly 5 hone grown PL quality players in Wenger's 19 years let alone true quality stars despite his 'legendary' record as a youth developer and promoter. We at last have an Academy and training centre that is fit for purpose so hopefully the odds improve.

Why do you think that most successful PL clubs DONT rely on their academies. Because they can buy in the quality players they need for success. If Kane, Bentaleb etc continue to improve they will be snapped up by the CL clubs. We will be left as a feeder club, like Soton. It is not a recipe for success imo.

We are a feeder club. That is reality.

Find it bizarre some people have delusions of grandeur based on one CL season or a Double 50 years ago.

In fact all but a half dozen clubs are feeder clubs. Short of total financial doping via the Middle East or Russia we will always be a feeder club. Some people just need to suck it up and accept it.

Doesn't mean you can't support the club but to get antsy over transfers etc with some expectation that we can sign a team of world class or even young potential world class talent is just out of touch with reality.

Why do you think that most successful PL clubs DONT rely on their academies. Because they can buy in the quality players they need for success. If Kane, Bentaleb etc continue to improve they will be snapped up by the CL clubs. We will be left as a feeder club, like Soton. It is not a recipe for success imo.

because they can afford not to have to

sure they have them and use them when they can

Find it bizarre some people have delusions of grandeur based on one CL season or a Double 50 years ago.

In fact all but a half dozen clubs are feeder clubs. Short of total financial doping via the Middle East or Russia we will always be a feeder club. Some people just need to suck it up and accept it.

Doesn't mean you can't support the club but to get antsy over transfers etc with some expectation that we can sign a team of world class or even young potential world class talent is just out of touch with reality.

Two to three years ago we were credible top four contenders. Now you seem to be willing to accept our role as a feeder club. As long as that attitude prevails, our horizons are indeed limited.

Difference between a feeder club and a club that sells

- Ajax, SCBC, West Ham are feeder clubs
- All clubs except Real/Barca are selling clubs, look at Manure, first Ronaldo, now De Gea, no choice.

Our Academy is very good, but people don't get/understand what success is

- One King, Kane, etc. that becomes a great player once every x number of years is great
- but the Mason, Pritchard, etc. that help us as decent PL level players and squad depth are the main draw (save us on mid level buys).
- And the Livermore, Cauker, etc. that we sell on for 3-7M make it almost a zero cost operation to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back