• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs MLS All-Stars OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say 6th as i did last week, i think the thing we need to be concerned about is the sides below us catching up, if we are purely going to try and use kids and backstops and get them up to speed in the PL.

Southampton have signed Caulker plus have the EL to worry about so they should really be relegated.
Stoke have again improved their squad.

Still it can all change with a couple of decent signings.

I still say 6th as i did last week, i think the thing we need to be concerned about is the sides below us catching up, if we are purely going to try and use kids and backstops and get them up to speed in the PL.

Southampton have signed Caulker plus have the EL to worry about so they should really be relegated.

I don't believe that the teams below us have caught us up.

I don't think anything has changed since yesterday morning purely because we lost last night. We all know we need 2-3 more quality players to have a really strong season, i'm sure the coach and the chairman know that, we shall see what develops, i am sure we will have another player in 48 hours.

Signings mean nothing. We were top-four contenders under Ramos when we bought Bentley, Dos Santos, Modric and co and went the entire pre-season looking invincible in friendlies. 2 points from 8 games (famously).

Same as the summer we sold Bale. Everyone had us down as title contenders, as we'd signed 7 players. Probably the worst season performance wise since the 2 points from 8 games start.

A settled squad with some key additions has much to be said about it, as per the season after the 2 points from 8 games where we signed Crouch and Bassong and finished 4th.

I don't think anything has changed since yesterday morning purely because we lost last night. We all know we need 2-3 more quality players to have a really strong season, i'm sure the coach and the chairman know that, we shall see what develops, i am sure we will have another player in 48 hours.

We don't need any more players to have a really strong season. We had a really strong season last season without any new additions. Realistically it's a stretch to finish in the top 4 even with 2-3 new players while the existing squad will be more than enough to compete aggressively for 5th. So you can understand the clubs reluctance to rush into transfer dealings, other than the defensive reinforcements, the rest can wait for the right players IF they become available.

We don't need any more players to have a really strong season. We had a really strong season last season without any new additions. Realistically it's a stretch to finish in the top 4 even with 2-3 new players while the existing squad will be more than enough to compete aggressively for 5th. So you can understand the clubs reluctance to rush into transfer dealings, other than the defensive reinforcements, the rest can wait for the right players IF they become available.

What do you do then if Kane breaks his leg and is out for 4 months?

What do you do then if Kane breaks his leg and is out for 4 months?

Well Kane didn't play four months of last season and we finished 5th. You might laugh, as he's hardly been inspiring in front of goal, but Soldado is a decent footballer and can't think of any clubs other than the top four and Liverpool that have a player as good as him as a back-up striker. I'm pretty sure we will sign a striker if Adebayor leaves. Point is, there's no panic.

No i agree, hence the first line in my post that said "i dont think anything has changed just cos we lost last night".

We needed players yesterday morning, we still need them this morning. I am more than happy to agree that if they don't come available then we don't just sign dross to make up the numbers.

Don't see what all the fuss is about, we let in two goals and Kane scored our only goal, seems quite normal to me.
To expect a top six finish with a centre pairing of Bentaleb and Mason is madness, if you look at the four teams expected to finish above us neither would even make their bench.

Calling *******s, we were top 5 last year with this pairing.

And that was a fantastic achievement taking into account the said pairs age and experience but to expect a top four finish with them playing in the majority of league games is unreasonable looking at the strength of the teams above us, so what is your point?

And that was a fantastic achievement taking into account the said pairs age and experience but to expect a top four finish with them playing in the majority of league games is unreasonable looking at the strength of the teams above us, so what is your point?

Who is expecting a top 4 finish though? We haven't spent the £200m minimum needed to get us there.

Thanks for posting those vids/gifs of the goals.

Note that they scored from a penalty and from a fairly lucky incident i.e. get enough people in the box... Dempsey miscontrols it and turns to chase but realises Kaka is running onto it. Kaka goes to blast it but scuffs it across the box, right into the path of David Villa.

Spurs could learn from that i.e. stop fannying around trying to make the perfect goal, get bodies in the box and fire the ball in there. This is not the same as looping an 80 yard pass up to Crouchy... I just mean that at some point, fire the ball at goal / at defenders / across the box and it will often fall to a Spurs player IF we get men in the right positions. David Villa and Pippo Inzaghi made top careers out of that, not banging them in from 25 yards.

Who is expecting a top 4 finish though? We haven't spent the £200m minimum needed to get us there.

Exactly Vega, the other teams imo have strengthened significantly, we could play five Supermen at the back but until we can give them cover we are wide open at the back

So many people who haven't watched this game with some strong opinions ... fudging hilarious!!

The commentary team said time and time again that the mls goals were against the run of play and spurs dominated possession. A match sharp Kane would have crucified that defence and the young lads showed what it is to be hungry and not just playing for your pay cheque.

We need to strengthen up front and in midfield. Let's hope all these exits mean done new blood is arriving.

So many people who haven't watched this game with some strong opinions ... ****ing hilarious!!

The commentary team said time and time again that the mls goals were against the run of play and spurs dominated possession. A match sharp Kane would have crucified that defence and the young lads showed what it is to be hungry and not just playing for your pay cheque.

We need to strengthen up front and in midfield. Let's hope all these exits mean done new blood is arriving.

Results in pre-season are meaningless. The performances of individuals and the team are key, upping fitness, getting rid of rustiness and seeing who is ready and who is not ready. That's what is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back