• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

I think it is our last game before the start of the season. It's a very good one to have prior to the start of the season, a real challenge and a team who are looking to punish us on the counter.

Is Wimmer injured?
Hasn't got a minute in pre season yet. Got 3 minutes in the Euros and 45 in a pre euros friendly.
Last time he played for us was the start of April.
He needs minutes before Everton surely?

Lovely - pass from Lamela could have been better but a nice finish from Kane

Loving the English singing from the locals

Nice cross (as usual) from Trippier - had Lamella scored from it would have been featured in MotD opening sequence.

Janssen's looking good, very Lamela-ish - can people cope with the two of them? Oh .... and it's ........

Harry Kane ….. my favourite Spurs player !

4-1

We all know what happened the last time we beat an Italian side 5-1 in a pre season friendly:eek:

Inter must hate us - in effect, the four official games and one friendly they've played against us since 2010 have been markers in their own continuing decline. :p 4-3 win at San Siro, then the 'Taxi for Maicon' game at the Lane, both in the glittering lights of the CL, with Inter the reigning holders when we faced them - then the two Europa League games a few years later, symbolic of their fall from the heights. And now, finally, a friendly with the positions reversed - we're the side in the CL, they're the bog-standard Europa League side seemingly sinking even deeper (although of course they're still eons away from us in terms of trophies won in their history).

Second half's been great, anyway, and in particular I've been very impressed with the way Carter-Vickers has calmly dealt with things at the back and the way Janssen goes bow-legged when holding the ball up, like a cowboy fresh off 36 hours in the saddle. :p Lamela looks fully ready for a real standout year - his first few seasons were lethargic, last season was energetic and impetuous with bursts of brilliance, but judging by this game, he looks both composed and still relentless in the press; the ideal combination.

Shayon Harrison ….. my favourite Spurs player !

NB - system made me wait 20secs to put this in as it was too soon after him coming on. COMPUTER SAYS NO

Shayon Harrison ….. my favourite Spurs player !

Harrisson is the spitting image of Onomah. I was worried for a second that maybe I was a tad racist but google images confirms they are identical

s_harrison.jpg

j_onomah.jpg

Back