• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

but he's not 'pony'. He's a good young player that needs a bit of time ( i doubt our supporters will give him that).

We haven't given Soldado 1 real chance that whole half. This is the thing with us, we play nice passing but rarely penetrative. He needs someone to play him in more (Paulinho is trying to do that at least).

I do worry a bit who will create for him through the middle, I suppose if Bale stays he will help if he goes we will buy that creative player

I don't really feel that we are creating many chances for Soldado - lots of nice movement, one touch football etc, but I really feel that the end product is a bit lacking - Lennon has had some decent runs.

Good pace for a preseason game. Not as blown away as everyone else on here. Feel our players are lacking a first touch a bit, and hopefully that's because they're still getting match fit. New boys Chadli and Paulinho especially stretching for passes or having the ball bounce a yard or so away from them upon first touch. They won't get away with that in the Premiership for long!

Funny because you'd think Dembele would be capable of it, but we really could do with someone in the centre who can put their foot on the ball and slow the game down a bit too. Very kick and rush at the moment, not attractive to watch but maybe this physical approach and high tempo is what AVB is after.

Pretty good display, worst player for me was Fryers, then Rose, then Sigg.

Fryers because he got turned too easily, he got beaten, and he was flat footed when they scored.
Rose because he's been beaten, he's dived in, but he also won the pen
Sigg because his first touch is noticeably worse than Soldado, Dembele, Chadli, Paulinho - but that is a high bar of course

Him, Rose and Chadli imo (Chadli has been good today but when some of the stuff he tries doesn't come off? i can imagine people being very annoyed).

The problem is, if Benny goes and no left-back comes in to replace him (Considering Fryers and Naughton can both play LB if needed), then Rose will be at least partially blamed for Benny's departure, which will mean increased expectations on him and more spacegoating once he does make a mistake. It's just human nature. I hope Benny doesn't go, though, and if he does I hope we get a top-class left back to replace him, to take some of the heat off Danny and allow him to develop a bit more before thrusting him into the starting eleven on a regular basis.

HE makes good forward runs, though.

makes no sense what youre saying really considering I imagine you're not even watching

Nah reading comprehension is a great thing though...

We were poo at Monaco. This week.... People are commenting we're going to win the league.

Then some negative remarks regarding Rose... I ask, "has Rose made a mistake?" Obviously not watching... Haha just trying to figure out why he was being slated.

Aaand towards the end I thought maybe it would be tough for any LB to be played next to another left back posing as a CB who's got no experience at the position. What do I know though.. Just seems like it might hinder Rose from getting forwards as much.

We played some good football in that first half, without creating too many clearcut chances. Started the half with a good tempo about us, and moved the ball quickly for a change, which is promising.

In terms of the new boys, Chadli has impressed me the most. He seems to have that Dembelesque way of gliding effortlessly past players, a good first touch and the ability to link-up with his team mates. It remains to be seen whether he can do it in the Premier League, and whether he can produce an end product though.

Soldado's movement was good, doesn't look particularly quick or strong though. I am not sure he is the kind of striker who will hold the ball up for us as the lone striker. Paulinho hasn't done too much of note, not that I noticed at least.

Lennon is much livelier than earlier in preseason, and Dembele has also looekd good. I think Rose is a loose cannon on deck though. He does some good things as well, but he looks like a bit of a liability. Maybe with more experience, he can cut that out of his game, but he definitely need a mor eexperienced, better left back for the near future.

Well no it means something. It means he played very well in the premiership, for a premiership team and he did so consistently.

Sunderland fans did rate him, but I saw him in a few games last season and I was underwhelmed. He over commits too often and isn't comfortable on the ball, which is surprising considering he started out as a winger. At Sunderland all he had to do was hoof it out, at Spurs he'll have to learn to play it out from the back and deal with having to retain possession when under pressure.

Spurs to sell Dembele & Lennon, as their images on the Twitter page background have been replaced with those of Walker & Lloris.

Don't think he's had the best game. AVB knows what he's about, give Sandro some minutes as well as keeping new boy Paulinho on (considering its likely that Dembele/Sandro/Paulinho will be our starting 3).

I can understand the part about giving Sandro some playing time, but why has he had such a bad game?

He's been pressing like a maniac, constantly forcing Espanyol to give the ball away, he's been holding the ball up well and linking our play and is making very intelligent runs, although just like last year, we're lacking the vision to pass the ball to him.

He's never going to be one of the world's elite, but if you watch him closely during games, you'll see he's doing a lot of things the right way and I agree with Dayo. He's going to help us a lot this season.

As to the rest...it's a preseason game but all in all we're looking alright. Excellent pressing at times, some really slick passing and movement and we just need a little more decisiveness to finish off our attacking moves. I think we'll be much more solid at the back with a more experienced combo than Fryers/Rose, although they haven't been all that bad. Rose especially has a lot of power going forward but I'm not sold on Ekotto losing that battle just yet.

thing with Ekotto is that his strongest points are his passing ability. He added so much to our team through that alone. He's 10x better than Rose in that department and he suits our team better.

BRUvV9WCUAA2sG1.jpg

Back