• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Ill say it now 10/08/13 if Bale stays we win the league this season....

Lols it's amazing the difference a week makes... At the Monaco game last week I would have told you we had a better chance of relegation than top 4, let alone 1st.

I'm guessing Rose made a mistake or....?? I'm sure it would be tough for most LBs to be sat beside Fryers (guessing he's on the left alongside Daws) and then asked to do a job going forwards...

lol - we seem to be pretty crap at set pieces generally - defending and attacking - most of the corners either don't beat the first man - or are over hit and beat everyone!

Looks like we're trying zonal marking - no-one getting tight to the man, hope we're not trying this as an experiment this season, I've never been impressed as a tactic.

Calm down with all this Rose criticism. It's one pre season game...he's proved he's a very good premiership player already but might need a bit of time to fully get to grips with how we play.

Balls he has. He played in a brick Sunderland team that nearly got relegated.

Is Siggy the new spacegoat now Dempsey has left? I think he's going to be a big part of our season.

Its not though he has looked pony in the 3 games Ive seen him play, 2 on tv and 1 live...

but he's not 'pony'. He's a good young player that needs a bit of time ( i doubt our supporters will give him that).

We haven't given Soldado 1 real chance that whole half. This is the thing with us, we play nice passing but rarely penetrative. He needs someone to play him in more (Paulinho is trying to do that at least).

Calm down with all this Rose criticism. It's one pre season game...he's proved he's a very good premiership player already but might need a bit of time to fully get to grips with how we play.

he was horrid against monaco too

Lols it's amazing the difference a week makes... At the Monaco game last week I would have told you we had a better chance of relegation than top 4, let alone 1st.

I'm guessing Rose made a mistake or....?? I'm sure it would be tough for most LBs to be sat beside Fryers (guessing he's on the left alongside Daws) and then asked to do a job going forwards...

makes no sense what youre saying really considering I imagine you're not even watching

he was horrid against monaco too

Most interesting thing about this game is the 4231 and Siggy playing exactly in the Bale role. There's no way we'd be set up in this way if AVB though Bale was going. He's be trying out 433. He haven't a single player in our squad who is properly effective where Siggy is playing right now.

Well, end to end first half. Some great inside passes from Paulinho, Soldado and especially Chadli, with our uber-fast one touch football in the opposition half pleasing to see. However, it's still clear we lack team chemistry, with a lot of players making errant passes and fractionally mis-timing their runs. That'll change, though.

Defensively, Fryers has been solid in the main, and Rose has been a bit shaky. We still can't defend corners. :)

Hope Sandro comes on in the second half. Won't be around to watch it, though. :( Ah, well.

Is Siggy the new spacegoat now Dempsey has left? I think he's going to be a big part of our season.

Him, Rose and Chadli imo (Chadli has been good today but when some of the stuff he tries doesn't come off? i can imagine people being very annoyed).

Everyone has looked good, even Fryers, apart from Rosé. He has been terrible, gave away a chance by playing a clearance right into our area, diving in giving stupid fouls away and I'm sure he's trying to injure Chadli the amount of hospital balls he's played him. Shocking. On plus side Soldado looks class, Chadli looks exciting and Paulinho looks solid

Based on that half:

Impressed by:
Dawson (Looks very calm now, he used to be so erratic at the back, but he's improved so much)
Paulinho (Looks very solid, unlucky to have his goal ruled out)
Chadli (Beats a player very well)
Dembele (Our best player in my view)
Fryers (Looking solid, but no surprise as he's alongside Dawson)

Disappointing:
Sigurdsson (Not imposed himself on the game in a position that is his)
Rose (Not been good enough, but I know he's talented and he's new to our team)
Lennon (Bright start but not done anything of note)

Back