• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win under Sherwood?

Which of the following was your best win under Sherwood?

• Home PL 3-0 win vs Stoke, Dec 2013

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL 2-0 win vs Crystal Palace, Jan 2014 – First home PL win against Palace..

• Home PL 1-0 win vs Everton, Feb 2014

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
an utterly embarrassing time, his cringeworthy antics on the touch line and the absolute nonsense he’d spout to the press, we were a laughing stock
That’s over the top, youd know if we was a laughing stock because opposition fans would be rinsing you constantly. No fans of other teams really said anything to me about Spurs at the time because we were winning games under him. I get a lot of Spurs fans didn’t like him, but we was far from a laughing stock....

That’s over the top, youd know if we was a laughing stock because opposition fans would be rinsing you constantly. No fans of other teams really said anything to me about Spurs at the time because we were winning games under him. I get a lot of Spurs fans didn’t like him, but we was far from a laughing stock....

he was so bad that they actually pitied us

Captain Bellend is a thing outside Spurs circles. Maybe they weren't laughing at us, at least not at first, but Sherwood himself is a subject of much ridicule.

Captain Bellend is a thing outside Spurs circles. Maybe they weren't laughing at us, at least not at first, but Sherwood himself is a subject of much ridicule.
I think us fans escaped much of the ridicule because so few of us pretended it was anything other than a shameful disaster ourselves.

Most fans I know were joining in with the "Let's see what stupid brick he says/does this time" sentiment.

Sherwood was and still remains a huge laughing stock outside of THFC in my experience

A win % of 50. Yeah, soooo bad....
One of the many things Timmeh was often ridiculed for.

Take a single point of information, with thousands of contributory factors, take one of them that's related to him, take credit for the whole thing.

Probably more due to his post-THFC activity.

No doubt it continued after he was in charge of us but if you think we and Sherwood himself weren't getting laughed at from all sides during his caretaker role I don't think you were paying much attention!

One of the many things Timmeh was often ridiculed for.

Take a single point of information, with thousands of contributory factors, take one of them that's related to him, take credit for the whole thing.
Considering managers carry the can when underperforming I don't see why shouldn't take the credit for them winning. It's obvious many Spurs fans don't like Sherwood which is fine, although the hatred for him is a little odd - know many who have met him and says he's cool, and came across well on Tv when I've seen him. But Spurs were fine under him in temporary charge, and his results were fine and had it been anyone but him in charge fans would have given whoever far more credit. It's just a shame to see such petty negative bias.....

Considering managers carry the can when underperforming I don't see why shouldn't take the credit for them winning. It's obvious many Spurs fans don't like Sherwood which is fine, although the hatred for him is a little odd - know many who have met him and says he's cool, and came across well on Tv when I've seen him. But Spurs were fine under him in temporary charge, and his results were fine and had it been anyone but him in charge fans would have given whoever far more credit. It's just a shame to see such petty negative bias.....
Fortunately, he wasn't in charge long enough for his methods to take any kind of hold. In fact, the only 2 things of note in his time were Ade landing in form and then him falling back out of it. Over that time span, he was essentially a fudgewit on the sidelines watching AVB's team play.

I've seen him on TV and he certainly doesn't come across well. Apart from coming across as a complete prick (which would be OK if he was talented, SAF was one) he also comes across as a person that would surprise me by being able to tie his own shoelaces.

He's not bright, he's not insightful, he's one of those terrible pundits that thinks traditional English style football has some value in the modern world.

Back