• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

There’s more to this than the press are being told. I’ve heard the flying object is alien in nature. Government are in on the cover up. Explains why they can’t get it down by the means mentioned above.

They put the aliens story out to a few useful idiots because the truth was too much to handle. COBRA and Whitehall are at a loss.

Modern clergy are ecumenical, relativists even. How are they supposed to deal with resurgent, vengeful old gods, at the height of their solstice powers?

I think it is more that noone really understands the potential threat and until they do they have to "overreact".
After all who knows if the drones were carrying anything. So they would have to check the area thoroughly, in case.
Thus with minimal effort, and given an awareness of the degree of risk tolerance built into emergency planning, you can bring an area's infrastructure to a halt.

There was probably a ‘credible threat’ to a Gatwick flight!

Seems a strange position to take. Should we ban chef's knives because some people use them to stab others?

If you ban everything that an environmentalist might use to be a clam, you'll have to ban oxygen too.

To some extent we already ban chef's knives. You're not allowed to carry them in public without a very good reason, like being a chef on the way to work. And we don't sell them to anyone under 18.

Banning the outdoor use of drones without a licence would be a reasonable equivalent.

To some extent we already ban chef's knives. You're not allowed to carry them in public without a very good reason, like being a chef on the way to work. And we don't sell them to anyone under 18.

Banning the outdoor use of drones without a licence would be a reasonable equivalent.

pretty sure that is already the case, with the exception of the tiny toy ones

pretty sure that is already the case, with the exception of the tiny toy ones

No. If you fly a drone for personal use you are subject to CAA guidelines and codes, and you can be prosecuted for breaching them. If you want to use them commercially you need to have relevant training, as well. But you don't need to demonstrate a sensible reason for commercial use (like, being Amazon) and private individuals can buy and fly as whopping a drone as their personal appetite for risk and legal liability will permit.

No. If you fly a drone for personal use you are subject to CAA guidelines and codes, and you can be prosecuted for breaching them. If you want to use them commercially you need to have relevant training, as well. But you don't need to demonstrate a sensible reason for commercial use (like, being Amazon) and private individuals can buy and fly as whopping a drone as their personal appetite for risk and legal liability will permit.

I thought anything over 250g had to be registered?

That was my understanding too.

I'd say the prohibition on flying drones into airport airspace aligns pretty closely with the prohibition on carrying knives over a certain size.

yeah, whoever is doing this is knowingly breaking the law, so unlikely they have registered the drones or purchased them in a traceable way anyway

Seems a strange position to take. Should we ban chef's knives because some people use them to stab others?

If you ban everything that an environmentalist might use to be a clam, you'll have to ban oxygen too.

Sorry mate but that is a stupid comparison ( imo) when was the last time a flying knife brought a major airport to a stand still. You are on a W/U again.

Sorry mate but that is a stupid comparison ( imo) when was the last time a flying knife bought a major airport to a stand still. You are on a W/U again.
I seem to remember a few box cutters causing a fair bit of damage to aircraft (amongst other things) in the US in 2001.

What about cars?
In case someone uses one to drive at people.......oh wait!
Aeroplanes no thats been done
Computers.....bugger!

Last edited:
So it's happening again, apparently.

I think it's probably time we define this as an act of terrorism. Then when we catch the vegans responsible we can have them shipped off by the US for a Christmas waterboarding

Back