• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I'm looking forward to hearing him explain his version of events himself, rather than through a spokesman. I'm no lip-reading expert, but the footage looked far more like the alleged phrase than what has been put forward in his defence to me.
I'm not absolutely certain he said "Stupid woman" but I'm convinced he didn't say "Stupid people"

Thats a new one. And Im not sure there is such a thing.

The problem with his "constructive ambiguity" is that its ambiguous, and Im not sure constructive at all.

His fans see it as some sort of master stroke, anyone else sees it as him letting it all go to the dogs to satisfy his 40 year old ideals.

It's what the talking heads on the news have called it. It's probably only constructive as it keeps most Labour voters onside, at least it did for the last General Election. Can't be the case forever, but it's worked ok for them up to now.

So I've just got in from work and the talk on the news is about Corbyn calling May a stupid woman. And then he goes and denies it, but I saw the clip, looked like he did. The problem with him being part of the Kale Sandals Left is that he has to apologise if he causes the slightest offence to anyone. I'd have preferred if he called May a lying c0cksucker, but that's probably just me. Trump would have done this and had her branded as "Slow Theresa" by now.

People on the left can be such pussies at times. And I got to laugh at the snowflakes on the other side of this too. Good job there's nothing important going on I suppose.

If you were to dial down the red knee jerk reflex, youd understand the point isnt even about the ideas per se, rather his absolute devotion to them since the beginning of time and that being his primary interest. Be that in the interests of his part, or the nation, or not.

So now being politically committed is a sin too now. Admit it, these criticisms are all symptoms of your personal opposition to labour's agenda. Corbyn could represent the second coming of Christ and you would still find something to have a go at. Absolute devotion is a breath of fresh air compared to the wishy washy crap Blair and others have served up of late.

So now being politically committed is a sin too now. Admit it, these criticisms are all symptoms of your personal opposition to labour's agenda. Corbyn could represent the second coming of Christ and you would still find something to have a go at. Absolute devotion is a breath of fresh air compared to the wishy washy crap Blair and others have served up of late.

Absolutely not. Ive no idea quite why youve painted me as anti Labour/their agenda, but Im simply not.

If anything Im anti all of them ;)

Absolute devotion, however, is a dangerous thing.

Cabinet colleagues Andrea Leadsom and Amber Rudd have set out rival plans if Theresa May can't get her Brexit deal through Parliament.

The two ministers stressed that their top priority was securing Parliamentary backing for the prime minister's deal.

But Ms Rudd said a referendum was a "plausible" way forward if MPs were deadlocked.

Mrs Leadsom said a new referendum would be "unacceptable" and argued instead for a "managed no deal".

Explaining what that meant, she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "A managed no deal does not necessarily mean there is no withdrawal agreement at all."

The Commons leader, who was a Leave campaigner in the 2016 EU referendum, said it could be a stripped-down agreement incorporating some of the EU's no-deal preparations.

"What I am looking at is trying to find an alternative so that in the event that we cannot agree to this deal that there could be a further deal that looks at a more minimalist approach but enables us to leave with some kind of implementation period.

"That avoids a cliff edge, that avoids uncertainty for businesses and travellers and so on."

Asked about Amber Rudd's suggestion that a referendum was a "plausible" alternative, she said: "It's not government policy.

"I myself think it would undermine the biggest democratic exercise ever, where we had a clear majority to leave the European Union.

"To have a second referendum would unfortunately be going back to people and telling them they have got it wrong and they needed to try again.

"I think it would be unacceptable."

Ms Rudd, who campaigned for Remain in 2016, said she was not sure MPs would back Mrs May's deal and suggested arguments for another referendum would come into play if they did not and if they rejected other options.

"I have said I don't want a People's Vote or referendum in general but if parliament absolutely failed to reach a consensus I could see there would be a plausible argument for it," the work and pensions secretary told ITV's Robert Peston show.

"Parliament has to reach a majority on how it is going to leave the EU. If it fails to do so, I can see the argument for taking it back to the people again as much as it would distress many of my colleagues."

Ms Rudd - who went head-to-head with Mrs Leadsom in a televised debate during the 2016 referendum - has likened the idea of a no-deal exit to a car crash. She said it was imperative that MPs "find a way of getting a deal through Parliament".

To that end, she said she backed the idea of testing the will of Parliament through a series of "indicative" votes on "Plan B" options should MPs reject the PM's agreement.

"It would flush out where... the majority is," she said. "So people who hold on to the idea of one option or another would see there is no majority and so they will need to move to their next preference.

"We will hopefully be able to find where the compromise and the consensus is."

Speaking on the same programme, Labour's shadow education secretary Angela Rayner said talk of another referendum was "hypothetical" at this stage and would represent a "failure" by Parliament.

She accused the prime minister of trying to scare MPs into backing her deal by delaying the vote on it to the latest possible date.

Earlier on Wednesday, the European Commission announced a series of temporary measures designed to reduce the economic impact if the UK was to leave without a comprehensive legally-binding agreement.

But it made clear that it could not counter all the problems it expects.

The Republic of Ireland has given more details of its own no-deal contingency planning, saying the risk of the UK leaving without an agreement was "very real".

It warns of potentially "severe macroeconomic, trade and sectoral impacts" for Ireland as well as "significant gaps" in policing and judicial co-operation.

In such a scenario, it said its priorities would be to uphold the Common Travel Area between the UK and Ireland, ensure there is no return of physical checks on the border between the Republic and Northern Ireland and ensure the "best possible outcome" in terms of trade.

The UK has allocated a further £2bn in funding to government departments to prepare for the possibility and has urged businesses to put their own no-deal plans in motion.

A "managed no deal" is fine. But that has to be the result of a referendum.
Parliament was tasked with delivering a negotiated exit from the EU. They will have failed if the deal gets voted down.

It may very well be the case that 52% of the electorate are happy to crash out in lieu of a deal. But it would be stoopid and irresponsible not to check.

A "managed no deal" is fine. But that has to be the result of a referendum.
Parliament was tasked with delivering a negotiated exit from the EU. They will have failed if the deal gets voted down.

It may very well be the case that 52% of the electorate are happy to crash out in lieu of a deal. But it would be stoopid and irresponsible not to check.

And the original vote was an opinion poll. An official one, but in a legal sense it was advisory.

I still think Leave and Remain supporters need to explore immigration more throughly. The urban left don’t understand many peoples concerns and the more traditional right don’t fully appreciate how Brexit affects immigration.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And the original vote was an opinion poll. An official one, but in a legal sense it was advisory.

I still think Leave and Remain supporters need to explore immigration more throughly. The urban left don’t understand many peoples concerns and the more traditional right don’t fully appreciate how Brexit affects immigration.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And almost no one appreciates how automisation will wipe out all unskilled labour within a decade, and the consequences of continued large population increases in that context

So... Gatwick......

I've heard rumours that some kind of Greenpeace pile of clam might be behind it.

Would anyone genuinely be against waterboarding them for a few years if it is?

And almost no one appreciates how automisation will wipe out all unskilled labour within a decade, and the consequences of continued large population increases in that context

I don't appreciate it! Us humans love to invent new things for people to do. And automation is over-egged. Works for some simple manufacturing, doesn't for most other things.

Last edited:
Back