• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I've given it a quick google but can't see anything.

As the largest party after the election the Tories wrote the queens speech, yes? Then there is a debate about the queen's speech followed by a vote of confidence in the new government?

My question is, has that vote happened yet? and if the tories failed the vote there'd have to be another election or Labour would get a go?

If the government lose the Queen's Speech vote (which they won't) Labour would have a chance at trying to form a government. If they can't, then theoretically, the Queen could ask someone else if they could form a government but it is more likely that we would have another election.

What we will see on the Queen's Speech will be opposition amendments to try and expose the divisions in the Conservative Party and between the Tories and DUP. Something on EU citizens right to remain and "no deal is better than a bad deal" is inevitable.

poor, or not white?
Poor would be my assumption.

Kensington is fairly mixed in my experience (for an affluent area), there's not a lot of inherited money, mainly people with good jobs. It's right next to Mayfair which is almost entirely Middle Eastern money now.

Ground rent my arse.

She's moving because she doesn't want to live near poor people, just like most of the residents probably don't. Just tell the truth, it's a perfectly valid opinion.

I think the 15k is probably ground rent and service charges together. Plus council tax, although the richer the area, the lower council tax.

I think the 15k is probably ground rent and service charges together. Plus council tax, although the richer the area, the lower council tax.

yeah I used to live in Kensington, council tax was not as cheap as Westminster but considerably less than what i'm paying in Essex now

My understanding is that the flats that are being provided is affordable housing that was a condition on the blocks being built.

yeah I used to live in Kensington, council tax was not as cheap as Westminster but considerably less than what i'm paying in Essex now

I have friends who live in hertfordshire who pay considerably more council tax than London boroughs - Kensington & Chelsea, Merton(wimbledon) & Westminster. Whereas the boroughs of Haringey, Hackney are far higher. I guess it could be a turned into a Conservative(cheap) v Labour(expensive) argument.
Although, Labour recently won this seat(Kensington) after decades of Tory holding this seat, will probably revert to type in 2022 - dependent on where we stand after Brexit

I have friends who live in hertfordshire who pay considerably more council tax than London boroughs - Kensington & Chelsea, Merton(wimbledon) & Westminster. Whereas the boroughs of Haringey, Hackney are far higher. I guess it could be a turned into a Conservative(cheap) v Labour(expensive) argument.
Although, Labour recently won this seat(Kensington) after decades of Tory holding this seat, will probably revert to type in 2022 - dependent on where we stand after Brexit

I saw a letter in one of the newspapers last week from a K&C resident who said that the council had given £100 rebates to residents who paid their council tax in full, in advance. He had got this but gave the money to a charity supporting the Grenfell residents when he realised that it was only the wealthy who would benefit from this.

I saw a letter in one of the newspapers last week from a K&C resident who said that the council had given £100 rebates to residents who paid their council tax in full, in advance. He had got this but gave the money to a charity supporting the Grenfell residents when he realised that it was only the wealthy who would benefit from this.

I posted this in here earlier about rate rebates to locals, its a bloody disgrace( imo).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...te-from-kensington-and-chelsea-is-blood-money

So people are moaning about people getting properties that they are entitled to, that were built for that purpose by developers who were legally required to provide them?

clams.
It's just retarded. The very first question you ask when buying in a new development is where they put all the affordable housing. If the developer has any sense the answer will be somewhere miles away.

Back