• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Tbf Sadiq Khan, the London Mayor was also heckled but he still spoke to the community and the victims. For victims themselves this is not political they are understandly upset and angry. May hasn't helped herself by hiding from the streets. It's been reminiscent of Bush and New Orleans.

What is naughty imho, is the Social Workers Party making political mileage out of tragedy and stirring up trouble before all the residents have even been accounted for or the full facts known. Secondly for the fire brigades union to use this opportunity to speak about cuts in their service.

Right now Theresa May and the government are the number one target, the ones to blame for all that is wrong with this country. There is no way she can be allowed to walk amongst all those people hurting after what just happened. She would be at risk, no matter what she says to them can comfort them or reassure them. The pain is too deep...these people have been let down, betrayed, for years by not just the Tories but also the Labour party.

The country is truly fcuked. Decades of bad government policies and decisions has led us to where we are right now.

Right now Theresa May and the government are the number one target, the ones to blame for all that is wrong with this country. There is no way she can be allowed to walk amongst all those people hurting after what just happened. She would be at risk, no matter what she says to them can comfort them or reassure them. The pain is too deep...these people have been let down, betrayed, for years by not just the Tories but also the Labour party.

There are different ways of handling it, the security thing has only become an issue because they have handled it so badly that it has led to inflaming the situation. Someone with a better eye would have seen this on Thursday and made sure that she saw some of the families in private.

There are different ways of handling it, the security thing has only become an issue because they have handled it so badly that it has led to inflaming the situation. Someone with a better eye would have seen this on Thursday and made sure that she saw some of the families in private.

Yes she should have seen the the suffering families in private when she went to the area initially to visit the heroic fire, police, ambulance crews.

But I'm sure someone somewhere would have found a problem with even that. It really is a case now of being damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

I think Its pretty clear now that she is very reserved, distant and unable to to connect. This is her personality. I'm sure we all know people like this and should understand there is nothing they can do to change their personalities and behaviour.

I say we quit the character assasinations and focus more on making sure she, the government, the council, just do their job to make sure those affected by this disaster are taken care of by finding temporary homes, providing finance, counselling, and help them find the truth about really happened.

Indeed on lots of things, like going to the CM leaders shouting and bawling about he was going to changes things, coming back with his tail between his legs and then doing a runner when the majority decided to vote out. If anyone IS to blame for Brexit he is.

'Blame for Brexit'.......didn't know it was up for blame yet.?

Clearly no one knows if it's a good or bad thing yet.........unless you've already made up your mind :rolleyes: (inserts @parklane1 favourite emoji)

'Blame for Brexit'.......didn't know it was up for blame yet.?

Clearly no one knows if it's a good or bad thing yet.........unless you've already made up your mind :rolleyes: (inserts @parklane1 favourite emoji)

When the sides involved talk about how important it is to get the best Brexit for the country (UK), and to do a deal that does the least harm (EU) - even taking bargaining positions into account - I'm pretty sure they're all bricking themselves.

Let alone the falling pound, rocketing inflation, slowing economy, political instability... it's going to be a long old road.

*inserts Comical Ali pic*

On May, she is between a rock and a hard place on Grenfell.

Sure, whoever is advising her is doing a terrible job, and she's certainly not a natural performer but she's onto a loser whatever she does in terms of meeting the people (and I'm no fan).

It's much easier for Corbyn as opposition to do his thing and show solidarity with the people.

Yes she should have seen the the suffering families in private when she went to the area initially to visit the heroic fire, police, ambulance crews.

She didn't meet the crews either, she met with the top brass.

Whatever way you look at it, it's been handled appallingly and negative impressions of her that took hold during the election campaign have been reinforced.

When the sides involved talk about how important it is to get the best Brexit for the country (UK), and to do a deal that does the least harm (EU) - even taking bargaining positions into account - I'm pretty sure they're all bricking themselves.

Let alone the falling pound, rocketing inflation, slowing economy, political instability... it's going to be a long old road.

*inserts Comical Ali pic*
It sure is.

The worry is we've never looked so unprepared, disorganised, untalented, rudderless......Just when it matters most.

The spectrum for finger-pointing is vast (ie the blame game) whether it's amongst the electorate or the politicians.

It's obvious, that to make this work (and quickly) we all need to be pulling in the same direction and believe that although it's a big f.ck off mountain we are all capable of conquering it.

What we need is strong and stable leadership :cool:......:D

Ouch

DCeKPSmXcAA0exY.jpg

How apt. Useless individual, but there are few others in her party who are any better. Is it just me, or does she look an awful lot like Mr Burns with a bad wig on? I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for the twit.

If it was cheap, if it boosted profits, absolutely. This is good free market economics at work. Great Isn't it?

See I am not so sure, as I understand a second firm that was more expensive was not quoting a different material but just a different cost, the materials being used were not the primary reason they went for cheaper, it was the labour costs

See I am not so sure, as I understand a second firm that was more expensive was not quoting a different material but just a different cost, the materials being used were not the primary reason they went for cheaper, it was the labour costs

That may all be true and of course all we can do is speculate, but the fire wasn't just about the material used in the cladding, there were other factors at play too. The import of cheap, substandard material has been an issue around the world. The other factor in play is so called red tape being removed, you know those so called un-needed regulations. Maybe a bit more red tape would have prevented this from happening.

Back