• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

A lot of countries do a form of national service. If not in full time education then I think it would do the youth a lot of good volunteering in hospitals, care homes etc.

Not voting Conservative but would like to see us become a nicer society.

Though on that note I have a boundary dispute with a neighbour and am off to find some dog brick to wipe on her door.

To think of elections past, everyone would campaign with as much energy and focus as possible. Rishi really is giving off vibes that he is really not interested or engaged in the process at all. Going thru the motions. (Hence the short time frame, desperate for July 4th to arrive).

The spewing out of these tinkling in the wind policies, are embarrassing and not for one moment sincere.
That’s the problem when you put an incredibly wealthy person into that position. He and his family will be fine for as far into the future as can be seen; he can walk off into a sunset on 4th July knowing he can continue to draw on having been PM for the rest of his life, but with no further responsibility.

See also Cameron and Johnson.

Never known the ( all) parties in such a fudge up of deadbeats that they are in the moment. Not had much faith in any of them since Blair ( used to vote Labour) took us into a war on a lie.
Maybe time to let that go and look at who can make a difference now?

“I’m never going on holiday to Italy, or eat pizza. Do you realise how badly the Romans treated the British?” :)

“I’m never going on holiday to Italy, or eat pizza. Do you realise how badly the Romans treated the British?” :)

Well when all/some politicions start caring about the country again and stop filling their own pockets and MAYBE just Maybe start being honest more i may change my views. They are all arseholes and liars and more fool those anyone who thinks they will start worrying about REAL people once again.

Do you really think that any of them can/WANT to make a difference?.;)

I don't see anyone around who can truly make a different now, I'm sure Starmer is more compassionate than Sunak and would be fine but he's offering nothing new, just a different shade of grey. I want to see some new ideas and vision.

When you look at how hard the incumbent parties at Westminster and holyrood are trying to lose the elections you wonder whats coming down the line.
It's clear what's coming down the line.

Labour tinkled all the money away trying to buy votes. Then there was a global recession. Just as we were about to start recovering, Sunak shut the entire country down and tinkled away all the money we didn't have because Labour already spent it.

Taxes are already higher than the economy can cope with, spending is out of control and we're borrowing more than we generate.

Look at the words from Labour today h "We don't WANT to cut spending....." Even they know what has to be done, they just know that they won't get elected if they admit it.

It's clear what's coming down the line.

Labour tinkled all the money away trying to buy votes. Then there was a global recession. Just as we were about to start recovering, Sunak shut the entire country down and tinkled away all the money we didn't have because Labour already spent it.

Taxes are already higher than the economy can cope with, spending is out of control and we're borrowing more than we generate.

Look at the words from Labour today h "We don't WANT to cut spending....." Even they know what has to be done, they just know that they won't get elected if they admit it.
They won't cut it when in office because they want to get re-elected.

Answer the global reset and a debt jubilee. The King's used to do it in medieval times. It is time to get medieval with this debt mither fcuker.

They won't cut it when in office because they want to get re-elected.

Answer the global reset and a debt jubilee. The King's used to do it in medieval times. It is time to get medieval with this debt mither fcuker.
Renationalise all industries and everyone is given total ownership of the house they are living in. A full reset

I'm warming to the idea of national service.

It would just be for the idiot 18 year olds. The rest would be going to uni or technical college or whatever.

Send them off to war, and clear out a load of idiots.
On their fashion sense and music tastes alone its a good idea.

I'm warming to the idea of national service.

It would just be for the idiot 18 year olds. The rest would be going to uni or technical college or whatever.

Send them off to war, and clear out a load of idiots.

For 250 years of empire that was pretty much England's policy of dealing with young Scottish and Welsh men. Putin is doing it now too with all his ethic minorities. Cannon fodder

The irony of all this is that the military and the emergency services do not want a bar of it. They need sophisticated and highly trained personnel, not pimpley faced kids, forced to join up, who will just get in the way.

Last edited:
The irony of all this sis that the military and the emergency services do not want a bar of this. They need sophisticated and highly trained personnel, not pimpley faced kids, forced to join up, who will just get in the way.

It's not going to happen. How many barracks will they have to build? How much will they be paid? Who's going to train them? We haven't even got enough equipment for the soldiers we have.

It's just a soundbite that would never be followed through.

Back