• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It's such a lazy trope, I know you're taking the tinkle. But honestly, it's not like the castles n brick are coming down if we do away with the clams.

Tourists will still come to see the shiny palace and flimflam statues. Just the freeloaders can fudge off in the meantime.

Top 3 economy driver and unfortunately like or loathe the Royals and the history is the main driver of it. The tourism economy would collapse without it because not much else happens in London without it. The only time the hotels are remotely full are for NY and Wimbledon then there are other pockets of events where hotels black out contracts to maximise profit.

Top 3 economy driver and unfortunately like or loathe the Royals and the history is the main driver of it. The tourism economy would collapse without it because not much else happens in London without it. The only time the hotels are remotely full are for NY and Wimbledon then there are other pockets of events where hotels black out contracts to maximise profit.

I’m not sure we still need to have a royal family to sell tourism on the basis that we had a royal family.

Just seize back our assets and dump private water in the brick (rather than the recent vice versa)
You couldn't make it up. £18bn debt pile. Proper Glazier ownership tactics, extracting bonuses and dividends for the investors and shareholders.

Now they're being asked to do something that they should have been doing, and in that industry, you need to be doing on a ongoing basis otherwise you end up where we are now, they plead poverty.

Now those investors don't fancy trumping up what's required. It's gravy or nothing for them, and unprocessed sewage for us. Should never be allowed and a lesson that certain areas of public services should NEVER be in private hands.

You couldn't make it up. £18bn debt pile. Proper Glazier ownership tactics, extracting bonuses and dividends for the investors and shareholders.

Now they're being asked to do something that they should have been doing, and in that industry, you need to be doing on a ongoing basis otherwise you end up where we are now, they plead poverty.

Now those investors don't fancy trumping up what's required. It's gravy or nothing for them, and unprocessed sewage for us. Should never be allowed and a lesson that certain areas of public services should NEVER be in private hands.
England and Wales are the only 2 countries in the world in desperate enough plights to have privatised water. It absolutely ridiculous that overseas pension firms and the like assume ownership of our rain!

It's a massive driver IMO. The American and Canadian Market of which alot props up foreign exchange are nuts about the royals

And yet more Americans visit Versailles than Windsor or Buckingham Palace.

In fact more tourists (domestic and foreign) go to Chester Zoo or the Science Museum than to a royal residence.

The big events do pull extra tourists in but is that extra cash enough compensation for the negative impact a feudal hierarchy has on society?

In fact more tourists (domestic and foreign) go to Chester Zoo or the Science Museum than to a royal residence.

The big events do pull extra tourists in but is that extra cash enough compensation for the negative impact a feudal hierarchy has on society?
In a word, no.

Hmm, I've barely heard of Chester Zoo and am 99% sure it is a rain soaked concrete brick hole, whereas every time I go past Buck Palace it is rammed with tourists goggling it, but I guess the goggle can't be measured. No comparison, Buck Pal is a bigger draw than a wet zoo.

It's not just those individual residencies though it's the collective impact. I used to sit on the London and Partners advisory board which is the official tourism and convention bureau for thr City, the leading impactor on visitors to the city is that of the Royal Family, be it present of historical interest and over individual and or wider visits to sites. Also to major Royal events or Royal affiliated events.

100% get your point and I understand the viewpoint but its a massive risk to a city and country that basically relies on tourism £ which aside from financial services is one of the top employers and incomes.

We can roll the dice, makes no difference to me personally, but given the meetings I've sat in and the projections, the impact would be great and felt massively

Last edited:

Two funerals and a coronation coming up soon then should do the old GDP some good! Maybe we could pitch some 3 for 2 deals with the big American tour operators?

Hmm, I've barely heard of Chester Zoo and am 99% sure it is a rain soaked concrete brick hole, whereas every time I go past Buck Palace it is rammed with tourists goggling it, but I guess the goggle can't be measured. No comparison, Buck Pal is a bigger draw than a wet zoo.

You've not experienced the best of Britain till you've had a Chester Zoo monkey knock one off while really disconcertingly looking and pointing right at you. It's long been a right of passage for every school kid in the north-west.

Those things also exist anyway so although the facts are there that other attractions are on their own merit visited more they exist in coexistence with Londons Royal tourism. So yeh we can get rid of them but it needs to be replaced with something that doesn't kill the market otherwise we need Chester Zoo to step up and help plug the short fall haha

How you visit Buckingham Palace?

Back