• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Aside from fudging the country with austerity. And then calling the Brexit referendum. And toadying up to China. And the dodgy lobbying. And…

He did get the same sex marriage bill through.

He actually did some good, unlike all those who have followed him.

Aside from fudging the country with austerity. And then calling the Brexit referendum. And toadying up to China. And the dodgy lobbying. And…
Gay marriage is the big one in his positive column

Also opening up the space for Brexit, but a shame he didnt see the job through, rather that inflicting May and Johnson on us

He did get the same sex marriage bill through.

He actually did some good, unlike all those who have followed him.

Gay marriage is the big one in his positive column

Also opening up the space for Brexit, but a shame he didnt see the job through, rather that inflicting May and Johnson on us
Fair enough. So aside from fudging public services and the economy he did one good thing.

What better recommendation could there be for installing him as Foreign Secretary?

Hard to think there could be a bigger admission of failure after 13 years of Conservative rule than bringing him back for the role.

Fair enough. So aside from fudging public services and the economy he did one good thing.

What better recommendation could there be for installing him as Foreign Secretary?

Hard to think there could be a bigger admission of failure after 13 years of Conservative rule than bringing him back for the role.
Well I suppose they could bring Boris back as foreign sec.

While not perfect, the Labour front bench are so much more grownup and serious than the Tory cabinet that it’s hard to believe that they are members of the same profession.
George Osborne and Nadine Dories have even come out in support of Rachel Reeves!

From the counties point of view.....at least he isn't any of the other Torres.....

Cameron back in cabinet
Volcanos evacuating Iceland
Avon opening high street stores.....

.....fudge im confused.
Can we go back to the pandemic please?!

While not perfect, the Labour front bench are so much more grownup and serious than the Tory cabinet that it’s hard to believe that they are members of the same profession.

Similar to how fondness grows for a player that's been out of the team, we'll see how good they are soon enough. I don't see much talent on either bench.

Similar to how fondness grows for a player that's been out of the team, we'll see how good they are soon enough. I don't see much talent on either bench.

They are going to inherit the brickshow to end all brickshows, but I have no doubt they’ll at least be competent, honest and will have a plan as they set about trying to get things back on track - none of which can be said about the current incumbents.

Compentence wise, Starmer, Milliband, Streeting, Cooper and Benn probably top anything from the past 15 years. Not sure about some of the others. Thornbury is the real car crash, but she's been dropping out of the key shadow roles.

Depending on your politics, those things make him a good politician

I don’t think anyone’s politics comes into it at this point. A quick glance at the state of public services show that austerity was a terrible mistake, while its agreed by practically every economist that our economy flatlining has been exacerbated by Brexit.

They are going to inherit the brickshow to end all brickshows, but I have no doubt they’ll at least be competent, honest and will have a plan as they set about trying to get things back on track - none of which can be said about the current incumbents.
They are streets ahead of the Conservatives but if you have no doubts as to whether they will be competent then I worry for you in a couple of years time.

Labour are brick just much less brick then the Conservatives.

I don’t think anyone’s politics comes into it at this point. A quick glance at the state of public services show that austerity was a terrible mistake, while its agreed by practically every economist that our economy flatlining has been exacerbated by Brexit.
I'm sure there are plenty of Tories that still think he's great

Back