• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

What does she expect, the whole lot of them deserve abuse after their actions over the last couple of years.

It is nice to see a lot of the dregs of parliament like Letwin, Rudd, Bercow, Soubrey and Umunna gone. Others like Lamb and Stewart are losses.

I'm very torn on this election.
Traditionally I'm centre left, occasionally centre right depending on the state of the nation.
But this is an odd set of options.

I think we need a societal change away conservativism (it has its purposes - but 10/15 years is usually enough. Much like 4/7 years of Labour is enough).
Labour seems the change for Government - but serious concerns over what is behind the scenes.

The ideal outcome is Labour minority propped up by LD and SNP. But that certainly results in two referendums. Although it might temper some of the labour crazy. Maybe?

It is nice to see a lot of the dregs of parliament like Letwin, Rudd, Bercow, Soubrey and Umunna gone. Others like Lamb and Stewart are losses.
Views on individuals aside - 60 odd MPs (many household names that would get a personality vote) going does make this very very interesting.

I'm very torn on this election.
Traditionally I'm centre left, occasionally centre right depending on the state of the nation.
But this is an odd set of options.

I think we need a societal change away conservativism (it has its purposes - but 10/15 years is usually enough. Much like 4/7 years of Labour is enough).
Labour seems the change for Government - but serious concerns over what is behind the scenes.

The ideal outcome is Labour minority propped up by LD and SNP. But that certainly results in two referendums. Although it might temper some of the labour crazy. Maybe?

You worry about any labour crazies, I get but just imagine the ERG Torries with a working majority calling the shots through their faux celebrity puppet mouthpiece Boris!

Last edited:
Views on individuals aside - 60 odd MPs (many household names that would get a personality vote) going does make this very very interesting.

It's about time for some new talent to come in. Also some who hopefully never need to be leavers or remainers.

It's a shame we can't rush through a 3.5x salary uplift to make candidate selection a bit more meritocratic

No one deserves abuse mate - I'm surprised to hear that from you.
Anger, condemnation, no re-election or deselection - yes. But not abuse.

Well as we all know there are different forms of abuse, if she is concerned about name calling then she is in the wrong job and i have no sympathy for any of them if they can not take name calling after the disgraceful way they have behaved over the last year or so.

They MP’s are just doing thier jobs and no one or their family should get abused!

Lets get something straight i am not/never will support any type of physical abuse but name calling is deserved and if they can not take it they should look for another job.

Lets get something straight i am not/never will support any type of physical abuse but name calling is deserved and if they can not take it they should look for another job.

You cannot be that naive to even think for minute these ‘name calling’ idiots just stop there.
It’s why I’m saddened to here you condone any form of abuse verbal or otherwise!

You cannot be that naive to even think for minute these ‘name calling’ idiots just stop there.
It’s why I’m saddened to here you condone any form of abuse verbal or otherwise!

So everyone who has ever called someone a name has gone on and committed physical abuse? i think you are the one who is naive if you really believe that, after all i have seen your comments on
Boris on here. ;)

You worry about any labour crazies, I get but just imagine the ERG Torries with a working majority calling the shots through their faux celebrity puppet mouthpiece Boris!

I don't think the ERG are that extreme generally apart from their Brexit views, sure some of them have weird views in certain areas (Chope etc) but people like Bill Cash, John Redwood, Owen Paterson etc have been anti EU for 30-40 years - it's not like they are suddenly coming out of the woodwork now.

So everyone who has ever called someone a name has gone on and committed physical abuse? i think you are the one who is naive if you really believe that, after all i have seen your comments on
Boris on here. ;)

Boris is a self serving low life and our very own UK version of Dorito Man.
I make no apologies for my views on Boris Johnson.

Boris is a self serving low life and our very own UK version of Dorito Man.
I make no apologies for my views on Boris Johnson.

I have no problem with calling him names, but my point is are you will you cause him physical abuse? Of course not and that is why i have no problem in calling out the MP,s who have been screwing us about over the last few years.

Which takes us back to my post about Nicky Morgan.

I don't think the ERG are that extreme generally apart from their Brexit views, sure some of them have weird views in certain areas (Chope etc) but people like Bill Cash, John Redwood, Owen Paterson etc have been anti EU for 30-40 years - it's not like they are suddenly coming out of the woodwork now.

What truly bothers me is the price these folk are prepared to make others less wealthy working class people to pay for their anti EU jingoistic views.

Last edited:
I have no problem with calling him names, but my point is are you will you cause him physical abuse? Of course not and that is why i have no problem in calling out the MP,s who have been screwing us about over the last few years.

Which takes us back to my post about Nicky Morgan.

I draw the line when their families and loved ones are door stepped and threatened and that would also include Mr B. Johnson.

What truly bothers me is the price these folk are prepared to make others less wealthy working class people to pay for their anti EU jingoistic views.
Maybe, like many of us, they believe that everyone will prosper from freer trade and less regulation.

Maybe, like many of us, they believe that everyone will prosper from freer trade and less regulation.

Oxymoron. How will "everyone benefit from freer trade" when leaving the world's largest and most valuable free market - the EU?

That leaves us with the prospect of less regulation. Few can even outline what EU regulation we don't want that is holding us back (after 3 years). What EU regulation are you going to do away with, that will make up for the lost free trade with the EU and allow us to "prosper"?

brexitmakesnosense

No one deserves abuse mate - I'm surprised to hear that from you.
Anger, condemnation, no re-election or deselection - yes. But not abuse.
So the extent of anyone's recourse in politics is their vote?

That's fine in a working democracy. What if one casts one's vote in what is claimed to be a democracy, then those charged with carrying out those instructions (through the machinations of lawyers, biased judges and mysterious extreme left benefactors) ignore the instructions and that democracy stolen. What if those same elected traitors then refuse to allow the country to go to the polls and have the opportunity to replace them?

In that scenario I'd say words aren't nearly enough. In that situation, those who had their democracy stolen would have every right to forcibly remove them from parliament.

Last edited:
Oxymoron. How will "everyone benefit from freer trade" when leaving the world's largest and most valuable free market - the EU?

That leaves us with the prospect of less regulation. Few can even outline what EU regulation we don't want that is holding us back (after 3 years). What EU regulation are you going to do away with, that will make up for the lost free trade with the EU and allow us to "prosper"?

brexitmakesnosense
Slightly less free trade with 22% of the world in exchange for much freer trade with 78% of the world.

Seems like a good deal to me

Back