• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players we could convert to another position

I think Chadli as a center-forward could work, maybe Dembele too.

Lamela as a number 10.

Bentelab looked really good as a left-back.

Chadli as a number 9 is something I'd like to see if we fail to get a backup for Kane and need an alternative to give Harry a rest.

I think Danny Rose could play in centre midfield, but I'm quite happy for him to stay at left-back. Good engine, nose for goals, good tackler and decent technically.

Well at least we know that Kane isn't a goalie...

Kyle Walker started as a forward, might explain his crossing.

Well at least we know that Kane isn't a goalie...

Kyle Walker started as a forward, might explain his crossing.

A lot of forwards actually can cross quite well, mainly because they know exactly where they would want the ball put were they the ones attacking it. Walker's problem just seems to be that he doesn't get his head up early enough.
As a side note, Yedlin is playing on the wing tonight, though he does that often for his national team.

Lennon should have moved to RB about 2 seasons ago.

Agree with Soldado and #10

I think Lennon would get beasted at RB, his physicality would make us very susceptible for verticals and diagonals into the zone, an easy position gain for the opposition

im sure he'd be fine as a deep wide with a back three though

I'd like to see Mason played in the CAM position. It's not really a conversion given that he's been playing in that role for most of his career anyway: last season was an aberration in that respect. But I do feel that Mason can do fantastic things if put in the #10 role - we've already seen glimpses of the technical skill he possesses (chipped assist to Rose against Hull, for example), and it isn't far-fetched to imagine that putting him into that role would keep our overall technical level about the same while also adding some grit, relentless pressing and physicality to our attacking midfield three. Could be a perfect move, and I'd like to see it tried when Eriksen's unfit/benched.

I think Dier and Verts could probably do a job at DM if asked to.
Bentaleb was probably our best LB last year.
Kaboul as the big #9 we throw on with five minutes left to play?

Edit: Not ripping on Rose here, just saying Bentaleb was bloody impressive in that one game vs Everton.

Looks like Poch does know better than (most of ;)) us.

Back