• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

The more I watch the highlights, the more I think we would have won if we had someone playing instead of Johnson.

It's not only Johnson, but it was the first time the top three played together and none of them have that killed instinct mentality to punish teams.

Mistakes were made by the defense (and yes that includes Porro) for both goals , I'm not sure I'm that concerned because

- United are a good team in transition, Rashford on the left (when in the mood) is very effective
- Both goals had a massive element of luck in them, blocks/bad pass landed at the feet of United player
- We made a slight adjustment in 2nd half (Romero came out earlier to cover Porro's side) and it shut down Rashford completely.
The way we play, when the opponents are able to release someone like Rashford in those situations I wouldn't expect a defender to just deal with that perfectly every time.

Thought Porro did well defensively again.

The more I watch the highlights, the more I think we would have won if we had someone playing instead of Johnson.

If we had had Kulusevski playing then he would have helped out Porro defensively. Likewise if Sarr had been in midfield. We had neither so Porro was expected to do all the attacking work and all the defensive work with a lot less help than he would usually get. Of course there were times when he could get caught out but most of the time he was right at it.

I would have been tempted to have had Emerson royal come on at right back and move Porro to the wing during the game. Johnson had a poor game and needs to step it up when given opportunities.

Its impossible to say that we would have won with Deki and not Johnson etc and slightly unfair. More likely we would have been better with Deki or a player in the hole behind the front three to increase the output going forward. Having to play 3 defensive minded CMs hurt us more than the wingers IMO

It's not only Johnson, but it was the first time the top three played together and none of them have that killed instinct mentality to punish teams.
I'd wait well beyond their first game playing together to make that sort of statement

Back