• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Erm…Loris struggling to catch a cold, behind a combination which will include at least one of the very average (at their best) Dier, Ben Davies, Sanchez or Lenglet.

I wouldn’t get overexcited just yet.

I was being facetious. Most of the comments over the past 7 months of poor form have been about how we’re missing a RWB.

Expecting clear improvements now...
395eebf7fe50c9fe8adead51fc623486.jpg

Be aware though that the Portuguese league allows players more time on the ball than the PL.

Whilst that's probably true, from watching a couple of games of his he is noticeably quick to play forward passes/crosses - watching Royal get in to so many good positions to swing in a cross but hold off and let the opportunity pass says to me he'll be a marked improvement in that respect

Whilst that's probably true, from watching a couple of games of his he is noticeably quick to play forward passes/crosses - watching Royal get in to so many good positions to swing in a cross but hold off and let the opportunity pass says to me he'll be a marked improvement in that respect

Assuming people actually attack the crosses.

I don't think those stats tell us much.

Defensively he seems to have issues, but judging that on those stats isn't viable imo. Will depend on how quickly he can fit in to the defensive system here, improve or adjust his decision making. He's a better dribbler and crosser than Emerson and Doherty. Most of that should be transferable to us and the PL. But, how quickly he settled in, adjust its impossible to tell from those stats.

Been question marks raised about his buildup and ball progressing I think. Again difficult to tell with stats, but can only hope Paratici has identified a player that will fit well into Conte's system.

Attacking side similarly very difficult to tell much from those stats. Different league, different club. But a sign of what we already know

I don't think those stats tell us much.

Defensively he seems to have issues, but judging that on those stats isn't viable imo. Will depend on how quickly he can fit in to the defensive system here, improve or adjust his decision making. He's a better dribbler and crosser than Emerson and Doherty. Most of that should be transferable to us and the PL. But, how quickly he settled in, adjust its impossible to tell from those stats.

Been question marks raised about his buildup and ball progressing I think. Again difficult to tell with stats, but can only hope Paratici has identified a player that will fit well into Conte's system.

Attacking side similarly very difficult to tell much from those stats. Different league, different club. But a sign of what we already know

He's got a pretty long range on his crossing, some of those videos show him hitting crosses into the box from quite deep (something we haven't had since Toby)

I suspect with him and Deki on the same side we are going to force a lot of teams to double up, shift coverage to that side. The question will be how do we exploit the space it will create elsewhere?

He's got a pretty long range on his crossing, some of those videos show him hitting crosses into the box from quite deep (something we haven't had since Toby)

I suspect with him and Deki on the same side we are going to force a lot of teams to double up, shift coverage to that side. The question will be how do we exploit the space it will create elsewhere?

Agreed. Should give us anther dimension.

Two different dimensions actually including his ability to dribble past players as well.

Not expecting him to just come in and transform us as a team. But should hopefully improve us in several ways. Hopefully more than compensating for any defensive issues he may bring.

Don't want to get carried away, but think there's at least some chance of some "oh, that's how a Conte team with a proper quality wing back can play" moments.

If Son truly is beginning to recover form, and regains the yard of pace that seems to have gone missing, then that should be a significant option.

He reminds me of Trippier
Great ball player
Not so strong defensively
Can hit dead balls
Passes quickly… very quickly in fact
Will get caught out under the ball when defending

After some quick YouTube research, he is already our new #1 option for free kicks outside the box. There was a video of him scoring one.

You can find a vid of kane scoring a freekick. Doesn't make him juninho pernambucano

Back