• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

How typical wouldn't it be though? Spurs to sign a world class player finally, only for it to fail because some third party owns his fudging image rights! I don't fully understand how that can influence his transfer from juve to us, at least it shouldn't be dependent on transfer deadline, but what I don't know could fill a truck or two.

I'm fairly sure we'll have one of the top city firms on retainer for these types of things with a couple of partners licking Levy's boots for whatever work he gives them.

I'm sure we do but they'd probably have to buy in expertise in Maltese intellectual property. I'm not saying that it is impossible but it looks tough in the timescale.

I like your optimism and agree with much of it but I'm worried about the defence, we look weak at RB, who knows how Rose will play knowing we tried to sell him and our CB's are good but also a year older. If Foyth moves to RB then we only have 3 CBs plus Dier and Davies who can play there. Given the amount of games we lost and how many goals we conceded as well as looking so open I'm pretty concerned that this area of the team has been ignored.

Danny will play better knowing he got to see his market and that we were still his best option. I’m sure that’s why Poch does it.

Spurs Twitter are going absolute bonkers over this. I know Dybala is highly regarded and all, but I can't help but feel ... I don't know, is he really THAT good?

The Juve fans idolise him...Before Ronaldo came on the scene, he were their main man ..

It's like we're getting their Mo Salah or Kevin De bruyne...If he can cut it in the PL and I'm sure he will under, Poch, we will have a match winner on our hands. Those tight games where something special is required, like how Bale used to do for us under AVB. If we get him and, that's a big if, I'm pretty sure he will bring us plenty of joyful moments..

Ok, maybe I'm a complete mong here, but why would the image rights be any issue in a transfer? It's not as Juve are having any issues with it now.
I just don't get it.

Ok, maybe I'm a complete mong here, but why would the image rights be any issue in a transfer? It's not as Juve are having any issues with it now.
I just don't get it.

It’s odd but ultimately a business brought a share if Dybala under the guise of Image Rights as third party ownership is a no no in some countries

Juve may have paid a much lower sum than we’re being asked because at the time he was worth less as a player

It’s odd but ultimately a business bought a share if Dybala under the guise of Image Rights as third party ownership is a no no in some countries

Juve may have paid a much lower sum than we’re being asked because at the time he was worth less as a player
Nah. They own the image rights. And any transfer, they'll still own the image rights. Still can't see the issue. As you say, 3rd party ownership is illegal, so if they demand a share of the transfer fee, they actually openly admit to 3rd party ownership, and we could take them to court for illegal ownership? Right?
That's the way I see it, and seems logical.

I like your optimism and agree with much of it but I'm worried about the defence, we look weak at RB, who knows how Rose will play knowing we tried to sell him and our CB's are good but also a year older. If Foyth moves to RB then we only have 3 CBs plus Dier and Davies who can play there. Given the amount of games we lost and how many goals we conceded as well as looking so open I'm pretty concerned that this area of the team has been ignored.

I share your concern and it's a fair call but I'll counter with this.

Our defence wasn't the only reason we lost so many games last year. We never got going last year really. The Everton and Chelsea games were the only ones where we looked like Poch's Tottenham. I think that was down to midfield where Dembele was crocked, Dier was crocked, Winks was crocked and he had to build his midfield around Sissoko. We didn't control games as a result. Next season should surely be different. Hopefully Dier and Winks stay fit, Ndombele is here and Lo Celso can play there too apparently.

Jan and Toby being a year older is a concern. But Sanchez is also a year older and he will become a beast. Hopefully he's a few steps closer to it now.

The full backs are the main worry and, for me, RB. I think Rose and Davies are great options at LB. However, Aurier, Foyth and KWP aren't. I'd love Aurier to become the player I really think is in there but he's had two years and not done it. Foyth is a very good stop gap but not the sort of full back a Poch system needs so that position is my biggest worry.

However, if we go into a season with Kane, Son, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Dybala as our attacking options with Winks, Ndombele, Dier and Sissoko behind them...fudge me I won't sleep tonight just thinking about that.

I share your concern and it's a fair call but I'll counter with this.

Our defence wasn't the only reason we lost so many games last year. We never got going last year really. The Everton and Chelsea games were the only ones where we looked like Poch's Tottenham. I think that was down to midfield where Dembele was crocked, Dier was crocked, Winks was crocked and he had to build his midfield around Sissoko. We didn't control games as a result. Next season should surely be different. Hopefully Dier and Winks stay fit, Ndombele is here and Lo Celso can play there too apparently.

Jan and Toby being a year older is a concern. But Sanchez is also a year older and he will become a beast. Hopefully he's a few steps closer to it now.

The full backs are the main worry and, for me, RB. I think Rose and Davies are great options at LB. However, Aurier, Foyth and KWP aren't. I'd love Aurier to become the player I really think is in there but he's had two years and not done it. Foyth is a very good stop gap but not the sort of full back a Poch system needs so that position is my biggest worry.

However, if we go into a season with Kane, Son, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Dybala as our attacking options with Winks, Ndombele, Dier and Sissoko behind them...fudge me I won't sleep tonight just thinking about that.

Again, I think Foyth at RB (if his injury isn't too bad) will be better than people think, because the system shifts to accomodate him there. He won't be a traditional right-back, because he'll tuck inside to form part of a back three. Equally, the left-back will be given full license to roam and go as far upfield as necessary. And Son will form the width on the right to compensate for Foyth tucking in.

It's actually pretty balanced, in theory. And we've seen it in the friendlies, with Davies and Rose pushing up far higher and Foyth tucking in, while Sonny starts on the right.

Best part of such a system is, Dier could easily cover if Foyth is injured/missing. He played in basically the same role back in Poch's first season - nominal right-back who covered for the centre-backs a lot.

Nah. They own the image rights. And any transfer, they'll still own the image rights. Still can't see the issue. As you say, 3rd party ownership is illegal, so if they demand a share of the transfer fee, they actually openly admit to 3rd party ownership, and we could take them to court for illegal ownership? Right?

Yeah, I don't get this either. Surely we should be able to transfer him without owning his image rights. Or at least get the right papers in order before transfer deadline and sort out the image rights thing in due time. Not sure how that's tied up in his transfer.

A company from Malta own his rights apparently

I just don't get it.

It does sound like something that is being given more prominence than it possibly merits.
I could imagine there might be issues if something in Dybala's contract with the Rights owners conflicts with what we would expect to have in our contract with Dybala. Maybe the Rights owning company is demanding a significant fee to make any necessary changes to the contract, or maybe Juve pay them to use Dybala's 'brand' and they expect us to do the same, even for basic club and PL obligations (which would contradict the terms of the PL club-player agreement as per the extract posted earlier), which would be a fundamental conflict.
All guesswork of course.
Many players have separate image rights deals - whether the player is the owner, or whether a third party company is the owner - it's not exactly an alien concept these days.

It does sound like something that is being given more prominence than it possibly merits.
I could imagine there might be issues if something in Dybala's contract with the Rights owners conflicts with what we would expect to have in our contract with Dybala. Maybe the Rights owning company is demanding a significant fee to make any necessary changes to the contract, or maybe Juve pay them to use Dybala's 'brand' and they expect us to do the same, even for basic club and PL obligations (which would contradict the terms of the PL club-player agreement as per the extract posted earlier), which would be a fundamental conflict.
All guesswork of course.
Many players have separate image rights deals - whether the player is the owner, or whether a third party company is the owner - it's not exactly an alien concept these days.
Can't he just play in a hood for a few weeks until we get it sorted?

Can't he just play in a hood for a few weeks until we get it sorted?

rauljimenezmascaraefe_crop1554656001606.jpg_1034156727.jpg

Back