• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

Let’s face it. Juve have tried to fluffy bunnies cuddling Dybala out to us, we are clearly not too interested unless we lose someone big in that area of the pitch, and now everyone is getting desperate. How will he fit into Man U right now?

How would he fit in with us right now? Given that I think Lo Celso will happen, I am interested in where he fits into this squad and at the expense of who? There is literally no-one I would swap for him. It will take him months to get up to speed with Poch’s defensive demands for a start!!!!

I'd swap him for Lamela.

Whole thing doesn't make sense, they sell Dybala and Kean n exchange for Lukaku. That's awful business.

This ones a bit annoying actually. He’s the player I wanted us to replace Eriksen with (slightly different positions), but thought we’d have no chance and Juve would never sell. Then the links came up last week and I stupidly got excited! Now if he goes to bloody Utd in a swap for that donkey I’d be gutted because it shows he was available.

He wants them both, been after both all window.

Inter want Dzeko and Lukaku? THats almost as confusing as Juve wanting Lukaku! Have they no strikers at all?

Nah, he might have been underrated at one time but not now

No Ill stand by it. Kane is the forgotten world class player.

I would debate the strengthening their squad, their problems are in defence which they have not addressed.
Imv adding forwards to an already fairly strong forward line isn't strengthening.

I think Ceballos has strengthened them a decent amount. He and Torreitra at CM should be a step up.

Pepe? Majoring in the minors for me. Their attack was the least of their worries, and if they have strengthened it it hardly takes the team up a notch.

Inter want Dzeko and Lukaku? THats almost as confusing as Juve wanting Lukaku! Have they no strikers at all?

No Ill stand by it. Kane is the forgotten world class player.

I think Ceballos has strengthened them a decent amount. He and Torreitra at CM should be a step up.

Pepe? Majoring in the minors for me. Their attack was the least of their worries, and if they have strengthened it it hardly takes the team up a notch.
Yes been after lakaku and Dzeko since conte arrived.

They can't get rid of Icardi due to the baggage.

Im more interested in where Dybala would play.

Completely open to correction - not a player Im especially familiar with - but I get the impression he plays best centrally.

So would be behind Kane?

That being the case, what of Alli? Or Eriksen? (or Lo Celso who seems a most likely Eriksen replacement)

No one said poch didn't want to sign anyone last season, most sensible people said he didn't want to sign just some random player for the sake of it. Big difference, and it's exactly what he says in your quote. How you can twist that is beyond me.

Well you know he has already got his vodoo doll of Levy out and sat on his knee' (pins at the ready).

Man Utd's Paulo Dybala transfer could be scuppered by contract clause
Manchester United have opened talks with Juventus over a potential swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku

Manchester United's swoop for Paulo Dybala could be in doubt over the Argentine's wage demands.

United have opened talks with Juventus over a move for Dybala, which could see Romelu Lukaku move in the opposite direction.

The two clubs are some way off reaching an agreement but both are eager to strike a deal before the transfer window close.

But the move is likely to hinge on Dybala agreeing to a move to Old Trafford.

The Sun reports the move could now be in doubt after talks began over wages.

Dybala is only likely to leave Juventus for United if he is offered a hefty pay rise.

And that is not in line with what is happening with the rest of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad at Old Trafford.

It is claimed some members of the United squad suffered a drop in wages after failing to qualify for the Champions League last season.

But Dybala will demand the same salary despite playing in the Europa League at Old Trafford.

The uncertainty over Dybala could see Inter Milan reignite their interest in Lukaku, having led the race for his signature throughout the summer.

The Belgian was left out of the squad for the pre-season clash with Kristiansunds and boss Solskjaer wanted a resolution over the Belgian's future.

Inter have had a £54m bid rejected for Lukaku and suggested United were pricing him out of a move, before talks began over a sensational swap deal for Dybala.

United would be reluctant to let the Belgian depart unless they can bring in a replacement before the transfer window closes on August 8.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utds-paulo-dybala-transfer-18803784

I find it hard to believe Utd wont pay stupid wages, just look at the deal Rashford got a month ago....

Man Utd's Paulo Dybala transfer could be scuppered by contract clause
Manchester United have opened talks with Juventus over a potential swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku

Manchester United's swoop for Paulo Dybala could be in doubt over the Argentine's wage demands.

United have opened talks with Juventus over a move for Dybala, which could see Romelu Lukaku move in the opposite direction.

The two clubs are some way off reaching an agreement but both are eager to strike a deal before the transfer window close.

But the move is likely to hinge on Dybala agreeing to a move to Old Trafford.

The Sun reports the move could now be in doubt after talks began over wages.

Dybala is only likely to leave Juventus for United if he is offered a hefty pay rise.

And that is not in line with what is happening with the rest of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad at Old Trafford.

It is claimed some members of the United squad suffered a drop in wages after failing to qualify for the Champions League last season.

But Dybala will demand the same salary despite playing in the Europa League at Old Trafford.

The uncertainty over Dybala could see Inter Milan reignite their interest in Lukaku, having led the race for his signature throughout the summer.

The Belgian was left out of the squad for the pre-season clash with Kristiansunds and boss Solskjaer wanted a resolution over the Belgian's future.

Inter have had a £54m bid rejected for Lukaku and suggested United were pricing him out of a move, before talks began over a sensational swap deal for Dybala.

United would be reluctant to let the Belgian depart unless they can bring in a replacement before the transfer window closes on August 8.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utds-paulo-dybala-transfer-18803784

I find it hard to believe Utd wont pay stupid wages, just look at the deal Rashford got a month ago....

You would assume so, but imagine if he wants parity with Pogba, De Gea, Sanchez etc to play in the UEFA league … I am sure that they can afford it but it may cause a lot more unrest in the locker room with other players wanting parity too.

You would assume so, but imagine if he wants parity with Pogba, De Gea, Sanchez etc to play in the UEFA league … I am sure that they can afford it but it may cause a lot more unrest in the locker room with other players wanting parity too.

Possibly.

Though I suspect they are all massively over paid, and used to the like of sanchez earning a fortune for nothing.

I find it hard to believe wage demands would be a deal breaker at Utd

Im more interested in where Dybala would play.

Completely open to correction - not a player Im especially familiar with - but I get the impression he plays best centrally.

So would be behind Kane?

That being the case, what of Alli? Or Eriksen? (or Lo Celso who seems a most likely Eriksen replacement)

He is more a all out AM/2nd striker from my understanding.

If we were to buy Dybala and/or Lo Celso, Dele is the one that will have to up his game or risk his place.

He is more a all out AM/2nd striker from my understanding.

If we were to buy Dybala and/or Lo Celso, Dele is the one that will have to up his game or risk his place.

Lo Celso looks to me more like a CM than AM, and seems to indicate a switch to 4-3-3 IMO. Something along the lines of

..............Winks
...NDombele......Lo Celso
Moura...................Son
...............Kane

Which probably puts Alli on rotation on the left, depending on who is LB.

Dybala though seems to point more to a 4-2-3-1, playing in the 3.

All options I guess, cant be a bad thing

Lo Celso looks to me more like a CM than AM, and seems to indicate a switch to 4-3-3 IMO. Something along the lines of

..............Winks
...NDombele......Lo Celso
Moura...................Son
...............Kane

Which probably puts Alli on rotation on the left, depending on who is LB.

Dybala though seems to point more to a 4-2-3-1, playing in the 3.

All options I guess, cant be a bad thing

Options and depth ..

- despite the complaints, I don't worry about our first team (think N'Dombele fixed a huge gap) outside of RB.

It's depth, a good year with minimum injuries and we can do well, something like last year will be difficult to manage

Options and depth ..

- despite the complaints, I don't worry about our first team (think N'Dombele fixed a huge gap) outside of RB.

It's depth, a good year with minimum injuries and we can do well, something like last year will be difficult to manage

I'm not really worried about the coming season either, but getting players in that can cover for and in the long term replace players that are likely leaving sooner rather than later (like Toby, Eriksen and Rose) now rather than next summer would be a smart move, in my opinion. Every football club needs new bodies in, we all know that, and signing only one player per window isn't really sustainable, unless you plan on bringing through a whole lot of youngsters from the academy. Hopefully we'll keep on bringing through our share of talents, but we can't rely on them alone. We need some fresh blood in. Lo Celso and Sessegnon would be a great start, and if we got an RB in as well, I'd be well happy. No point in moaning at this point, in my opinion. I'm a bit worried as well, but I don't see any reason to hit the panic button.

It's silly to judge players on their transfer fee. Let's see who has the bigger impact come the turn of the year, then we can judge who has done better.

The comparison that we can make now is do the signings improve the team where needed. In our case Ndombele looks like he has, I'm not sure that Pepe fills a priority area for Arsenal.

They're not done yet, though. Tierney will likely join this week, taking spending past the 150m mark. That does address an area of priority.

There is some value in judging transfer outlay - because it shows how much a team is willing to invest in improving. Whether it's an area of comparative strength or comparative weakness, the money spent is an indicator of ambition. This has been true from the beginning.

They have spent 150m while in the Europa League. We are sitting on our hands waiting for prices to drop after making just one signing - a replacement for a key player we sold six months ago. And this, after reaching the Champions League final.

The hope at the beginning of the summer was that we would do a Liverpool- move aggressively to secure our targets, pay what it takes and get them done early.

Dybala would have fit into that level of aggressiveness and ambition. But we aren't prepared to do that yet. Thus, he is unrealistic for us - and the fact that we reached the final means nothing in this case.

But their actual spend will be £5m for Caballos, £20m on Pepe and £10m down on the kid form France
That’s their money committed now and next season too
All on the never never and if they don’t get CL this season that’s next years money gone again
It’s a strange move

Every club does this. Even we do this. It isn't particularly unusual. We were receiving money for Bale in 2018, and paying for Soldado at the same time.

Back