• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Sherwood:

"He was immense today. He was fantastic, I never knew he possessed that, I have to be honest," he added.

"He certainly opened my eyes up when I saw him out there today."

It's this sort of thing that doesn't help Sherwood at all. We get people saying do you think a manager, a coach doesn't know the benefits of a defensive midfielder etc, and then he says he didn't know Paulinho, a regular starter for Brazil, the most popular international football side, is capable of a performance like that.

Makes me think he hasn't got a clue about who the hell we have signed. I just want him to give them all a fair crack and not write them off because of a few performances in training

It's this sort of thing that doesn't help Sherwood at all. We get people saying do you think a manager, a coach doesn't know the benefits of a defensive midfielder etc, and then he says he didn't know Paulinho, a regular starter for Brazil, the most popular international football side, is capable of a performance like that.

Makes me think he hasn't got a clue about who the hell we have signed. I just want him to give them all a fair crack and not write them off because of a few performances in training

He's obviously talking about from what he's seen of him at Spurs and considering what a lot of people have said of him on here he wouldn't of been the only one saying that. He plays for Brazil so what that doesn't guarantee stella performances in the PL. I respect Sherwood a lot more for his honesty....

Has it occured to you that Sherwood maybe playing games and portraying himself in a certain way????? it certainly benefits us if there are opponents out there who are underestimating him....or his apparent lack of knowledge in public of certain players may be a ruse to make them work hard and show him what they can do....like today.....

mind you it might just be an honest response.....as KD says we were all suprised and we were not sure he had it in his locker....today was a pleasant suprise....a little reminder that 17m may not have been spunked away after all.

In his defense he'll only know so much about the first team and most of that will be from the young players that have come through over the last 18 months. He needs to see them week in week out for a while yet to be able to form opinions of what each player is capable of.

He's obviously talking about from what he's seen of him at Spurs and considering what a lot of people have said of him on here he wouldn't of been the only one saying that. He plays for Brazil so what that doesn't guarantee stella performances in the PL. I respect Sherwood a lot more for his honesty....

Perhaps, but if he's really a "football man" as we're so often told, I'd expect him to know a little more about the players he coaches. That's fine if he thinks Paulinho hasn't been very good, I think personally he had been pants up until now. But I've seen him play very very well for Brazil which has shown me what he is capable of.

I just don't want him to write off our new players without having a look at what these lads are capable of, his job is to get them to play at their optimum. I'd like him to have a vague idea what that is for each of his new playing staff

Perhaps, but if he's really a "football man" as we're so often told, I'd expect him to know a little more about the players he coaches. That's fine if he thinks Paulinho hasn't been very good, I think personally he had been pants up until now. But I've seen him play very very well for Brazil which has shown me what he is capable of.

I just don't want him to write off our new players without having a look at what these lads are capable of, his job is to get them to play at their optimum. I'd like him to have a vague idea what that is for each of his new playing staff

calm down....its the Capoue drama all over again, "oh he ignores capoue, we have no DM, Tim is a dunce". Has anyone mentioned that Sherwood brought on Capoue today??? He didnt have to, not against Stoke, not after being in such control of the game, but dimTim did bring on the big French lad.

oh, and he started with Paulinho alongside Dembele, again 2 midfielders that can defend and attack....any credit?

so youve seen Paulinho play very well for Brazil? but did you see all the tricks and flicks and outrageous skill that Pauli showed in one first half of football?? maybe Timmy was shocked like all of us were because quite honestly it was very unexpected

heck even KingDawson was impressed:eek: :)

calm down....its the Capoue drama all over again, "oh he ignores capoue, we have no DM, Tim is a dunce". Has anyone mentioned that Sherwood brought on Capoue today??? He didnt have to, not against Stoke, not after being in such control of the game, but dimTim did bring on the big French lad.

oh, and he started with Paulinho alongside Dembele, again 2 midfielders that can defend and attack....any credit?

so youve seen Paulinho play very well for Brazil? but did you see all the tricks and flicks and outrageous skill that Pauli showed in one first half of football?? maybe Timmy was shocked like all of us were because quite honestly it was very unexpected

heck even KingDawson was impressed:eek: :)

I knew he'd say some stupid things but he's getting them in early is our Timmy. I'm just saying it doesn't fill me with confidence. You can interpret it your way and I'll interpret it in mine.

Anyway, no point over analyzing, he picked a good side and made good subs today ( as I've already given him credit for ). The team look like they are growing in confidence and Paulinho looked quality today for the first time in a spurs shirt

I think Paulinho will be encouraged to pick up more red cards when he's being over-played. :)

I knew he'd say some stupid things but he's getting them in early is our Timmy. I'm just saying it doesn't fill me with confidence. You can interpret it your way and I'll interpret it in mine.

Anyway, no point over analyzing, he picked a good side and made good subs today ( as I've already given him credit for ). The team look like they are growing in confidence and Paulinho looked quality today for the first time in a spurs shirt

Agree Diego, I really don't like the fact that he 'didn't know he had that in him', Paulinho is a Brazil international and for a 'football man' that should it should be clear to him what Paulinho can do.

maybe he is smart enough and real enough to know that video clips isnt enough to assess a player. i agree

maybe he needs to see a player properly eye to eye and in a competitive enviroment. i agree

but it doesnt sound good, i agree.

having said that, he rolled the dice and came out looking good....again.

Has it occured to you that Sherwood maybe playing games and portraying himself in a certain way????? it certainly benefits us if there are opponents out there who are underestimating him....or his apparent lack of knowledge in public of certain players may be a ruse to make them work hard and show him what they can do....like today.....

mind you it might just be an honest response.....as KD says we were all suprised and we were not sure he had it in his locker....today was a pleasant suprise....a little reminder that 17m may not have been spunked away after all.

Football is a small pond. If Sherwood is as knowledgeable as some have suggested, rival managers are not going to be taken in by him playing dumb.

Sherwood:

"He was immense today. He was fantastic, I never knew he possessed that, I have to be honest," he added.

"He certainly opened my eyes up when I saw him out there today."

This is the **** that makes me groan and contort.. It's seriously amateur hour. We have actually gone back in time.

This is the **** that makes me groan and contort.. It's seriously amateur hour. We have actually gone back in time.

how far back? was it to a time when we were crap or good? cause if its back to a time when we were still good as we have been most part of the season then i will take amateur hour

He has coached for them ten days. To be honest he knows more about Paulinho than the previous Manager did and the evidence was on the pitch. So yeah he does know a great deal and he knew how to get the best out of him

. Players play well because Managers allow them to play well and come out of their shell - TS obviously did that in this game - then again it has been just one game.

He has coached for them ten days. To be honest he knows more about Paulinho than the previous Manager did and the evidence was on the pitch. So yeah he does know a great deal and he knew how to get the best out of him

. Players play well because Managers allow them to play well and come out of their shell - TS obviously did that in this game - then again it has been just one game.

don't think that's totally accurate; some managers like players to fit a system (AVB, Mourinho, van Gaal?) and some like players to go out and express themselves (Jol, redknapp, sherwood?)

but i'd agree to see a paulinho in full flight, unshackled. any updates on his injury?

It's Harry and Sandro all over again. :lol:

Right.
That's exactly what it sounds like

I loved his signing, I loved his early performances, his winner at Cardiff had me buzzing for weeks, I got saddened that he was being over-played, I got angry when he pussied out of the newcash challenge and I got angry against the dippers too…

When I saw what Sherwood had planned for us, I felt it could be the rebirth of him. We need to play him as the attacking roaming mid, box-to-box/whatever, I'd personally love to see us play him alongside Sandro BUT it's hard to deny Dembele if he's going to play like that in the advanced role. Paulinho will be a brilliant player for us, I feel sure of that…I hope we don't lose him...

I think Paulinho will be encouraged to pick up more red cards when he's being over-played. :)

I think the lad needed a rest after his full season last year and Confederations Cup. He looked refreshed and renewed.

I think the lad needed a rest after his full season last year and Confederations Cup. He looked refreshed and renewed.

To be honest (and not a Tim fan), he looked like a player unshackled, some of the flicks, attempts at beating his man was just outrageous, haven't really seen that side of him too much.

I'm sure the rest helped (maybe mentally as well), but that seemed a little more than just extra energy.

Great to finally see some Samba football from Paulinho yesterday =D> If only Soldado slotted the chance home it could've been a goal of the month contender!

@AddictedtoSpurs: - @paulinhop8's incredible flick to Soldado against Stoke. #THFC #Vine https://vine.co/v/hVzKPX5relq

[TWEET]417445437789188097[/TWEET]

Back