• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
From https://twitter.com/#!/SpursStatMan

40 - 40% of Parker's passes have gone forward this season, down from 55% last season, he has also has made 53% fewer dribbles p/game. Adapt.

35 - 35% of Sandro's passes have gone forward this season and he has made 87% more dribbles p/game than Parker. Comparison. (via @EPLIndex)

From https://twitter.com/#!/SpursStatMan

40 - 40% of Parker's passes have gone forward this season, down from 55% last season, he has also has made 53% fewer dribbles p/game. Adapt.

35 - 35% of Sandro's passes have gone forward this season and he has made 87% more dribbles p/game than Parker. Comparison. (via @EPLIndex)

Not sure those stats are telling us anything useful tbh. For a start we need to see the average number of passes allied to average length, and even then I'm not too sure what that would prove. How do you measure the effectiveness of a pass? Easy enough if it leads directly to a scoring chance but what about tactical midfield passes across the middle of the park?

We all know how fond Parker is of multiple short passes, whereas Sandro probably makes far fewer per match. But who knows, maybe they're that much more telling?

To be honest i do not think you can, the games i have seen them in together they have both played below their best.

Largely due to them taking the wrong roles. Whenever Ive seen them Sandro is expected to sit, with PArker roaming more. They should adopt the opposite IMHO. With Parker sitting and Sandro hunting the ball more/roaming I think it could be more successful.

Largely due to them taking the wrong roles. Whenever Ive seen them Sandro is expected to sit, with PArker roaming more. They should adopt the opposite IMHO. With Parker sitting and Sandro hunting the ball more/roaming I think it could be more successful.

Sorry but i do not agree with that, they are to similar and they both struggle to play their own game alongside each other.

For me Parker is at his best ad a pure sitting/shielding DM. When he goes forward more his performance dips significantly. Sandro can do that job marvelously well as well, but can also drive through the midfield fantastically well and hunt the ball down in advanced areas. He is also better on the ball (imo).

With that in mind it makes sense to me that for them to play together Parker should sit and Sandra should be the box to box player.

The few times I've seen them together they have set up the opposite, negation the strengths of each.

I think a midfield 3 could be interesting, Chelsea like Parker (Mikel), Sandro (Essien) and Mordric / VDV (Lampard). obviously it might nite have the goals they did but the dynamic is there imo

My opinion on the whole thing is that Sandro is a better footballer than Parker, whilst Parker is a lot better at reading the game and unfolding of a game. Sandro is a little too gung ho, where as Parker tends to read when to get forward. Sandro's technique is better than Parker, but their end product going forward tends to be very similar....which is not a lot.

Parker is an excellent Premiership defensive midfielder. Sandro is a very good defensive midfielder who will be even better than Parker in the very near future. Sandro should start in front of Parker against Fulham and really should be our first choice defensive midfielder next season.

Parker has been excellent this season though, and it's that lack of credit that is given to him (or when his own supposed fans take the tinkle out of him) that irks me.

massive U turn on sandro from you this season, big imporvement from the guy you said couldnt play with modric cause our team would get stifled /not move the ball properly.

nice though to see you come around with regards to his ability

funny thing is that i actually think parkers technical ability is better than sandro's or at worst just as a good as sandro's, but the reading of the game is flipped in that i think sandro is at least on par with par if not just better.....i think what goes on in sandro's brain is advanced to parkers but the application lets him down significantly .

tbh it all balances out, if sanndro had all this PLUS application? then we would have had no chance of getting him..this is a godo compromise

massive U turn on sandro from you this season, big imporvement from the guy you said couldnt play with modric cause our team would get stifled /not move the ball properly.
nice though to see you come around with regards to his ability

funny thing is that i actually think parkers technical ability is better than sandro's or at worst just as a good as sandro's, but the reading of the game is flipped in that i think sandro is at least on par with par if not just better.....i think what goes on in sandro's brain is advanced to parkers but the application lets him down significantly .

tbh it all balances out, if sanndro had all this PLUS application? then we would have had no chance of getting him..this is a godo compromise

Got as far as this, WTF? I said no such thing!! Didn't bother to read the rest....

We extended it last month.

79714-noooooooo.jpg

Some Sandro-stats.
Tackles won - 63, best in PL is 86 - and Sandro just played 1416 mins.
Interceptions - 46, best in PL is 103.
Hopefully we'll se his full potential here, and not losing him to Barca or RM.

Some Sandro-stats.
Tackles won - 63, best in PL is 86 - and Sandro just played 1416 mins.
Interceptions - 46, best in PL is 103.
Hopefully we'll se his full potential here, and not losing him to Barca or RM.

Nice. There's also one for Parker, so I've just made some adjustments to do a quick comparison. Apart from the 2 percentages, all of the other stats are 'per 90 minutes'.

-------------------Sandro---Parker
Total tackles--------5.3------3.9
Tackles won---------4.0------2.8
Tackles % ----------75%----71%
Interceptions--------2.9------4.7
Times dribbled past---0.4-----1.3
Loss of possession---1.9------1.4
Pass-rate-----------86.5%---89.1%
Chances created-----0.7-----0.8
Fouls won------------2.1-----1.6
Fouls conceded------1.7------1.7

I'd say they look pretty even...

Sandro will grow with experience, and who better to learn from then parker?

The stats do look pretty even in fact, other than the dribbled past stats and interceptions. What I want to know is; what happens to the ball after the opposition is tackled. Does the player win the ball cleanly, retain possession and lay it off to a team mate; or do they go in hard and clear it forward to no one. This is why I prefer Sandro as not only does he win the ball but he can come away with it and can pass to the attackers to start out counter. Parker just seems to win it to clear it forward; it seems like he tackles without consideration of what to do with it once he's one it before deciding to rush in.

Back