• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
I want Parker to play alongside Modric as my first choice, but Sandro to come in enough to help ensure that he doesn't get too knackered. We played Parker for a string of 5 games or so consequentially when it looked like he wasn't fully fit - poor management by Redknapp IMO. Sandro is more than capable of coming in and doing a job for us, and the more bench time he gets - the less he will improve, the more tired Parker will get and the more frustrated he will become. A vicious circle really.

I want Sandro to feature a lot more next season (if he's still here).

Parker has been more consistent, yeah Sandro was very good today, but he owed us one because frankly he has been a passenger for the last five six games he has played.

Parker was very important to us for most of the season but towards the end we needed to be a bit more offensive IMO. Players ended up relying on him to our detriment. Sandro has more in his locker offensively and I think looks more convincing than Scotty when going forward. Arry seemed to stifle the Brazilian and wanted him playing DM but IMO he is more of a Vieira type and should be box to box (he can shoot too as Chelsea also found out).

To answer your question; he is what we wanted from Zokora and will offer us more long term. Parker though IMO is a DM and should be used only as a DM.

Long term it's definitely Sandro - potentially superb IMO.

After a performance like that its tough to say anyone other than Sandro. Reminded me a bit of a few of his Champs league appearances.

They break up play differently, Sandro crushes fools with tackles, and stays close to runners while Parker charges in and intercepts more often.

Today the difference for Sandro was his runs off the ball were outstanding and he was a threat going forward as well. Something we definitely need out of CM.

Sometimes Sandro's touch and passing is worse than a womans though. Needs to be more consistent.

I want Parker to play alongside Modric as my first choice, but Sandro to come in enough to help ensure that he doesn't get too knackered. We played Parker for a string of 5 games or so consequentially when it looked like he wasn't fully fit - poor management by Redknapp IMO. Sandro is more than capable of coming in and doing a job for us, and the more bench time he gets - the less he will improve, the more tired Parker will get and the more frustrated he will become. A vicious circle really.

I want Sandro to feature a lot more next season (if he's still here).

Best get your vote it mate because you're getting UKIPPED!

parker, when fit.

hasnt been fit for about 3 months.

parker is the reason we did so amazing up to january, and why hes england captain and probably going to captain England at Euro2012.

I think if we're sensible we won't play too many short-arses against teams like Stoke. Parker played against Stoke at home and I didn't notice him win a single header in midfield.

For me, Sandro has to play against the taller, more physical teams to allow us to keep Modric, Lennon and even Defoe in the team.

Also been quite frustrated with Parker lately, ending up ahead of play quite often in the same positions Modric or VDV should be in.. and obviously not got the same finishing product as they do.

I'd start Sandro against Bolton, but there will be situations for both.

Parker is the one you want against teams like United who aren't physically strong but do play good football. Against teams with athletes you need Sandro's strength and pace. What Sandro does offer however is when he wins the ball he lays it off always looking for positive play, Parker dallies around with the centrebacks too often playing keep ball. With Sandro we can play at a much quicker tempo because he recycles defence into attack much quicker.

Bit of an odd one Sandro, seems to blow hot and cold. Performances like today and Milan are amongt the best I've ever seen from a defensive midfielder for Spurs, but then on other days he seems out of his depth and gets caught in possession a lot. Will be interesting to see, if Modric leaves this summer, how he would adapt playing alongside someone different.

Idk how anyone says Parker after today, Blackburn had 0 shots on goal mainly because Sandro always stopped them in their tracks. Didn't let them take the ball out of their half and did so mostly on his own. It was a masterclass.

Sandro's poor performances have been down to him being in and out of the side, unable to get any rhythm going and not being helped by injuries. Plus it's usually alongside Parker and Modric, rather than just Modric.

This poll is so stupid.
Straight after a great game from Sandro; The results are blatantly going to be biased.

Why not have it after Sandro's majestic performance at Emirates.

Well before the game I'd've said Sandro, after the game I still say Sandro. Doubt anyone has changed their mind off the back of this game.

Back