• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Sarr really showed an all round game - it had it all.

Think I liked the most the fact that the lad can play - good touch, showed for it, took it in difficult areas and hard to dis-possess. Real vision to see some challenging progressive passes and then the ability to pull them off. He also kept it very simple a lot and progressed the team solidly around the park while interlinking neatly with Skipp - lots of neat little touches.

Then the engine he's got on top of that - dynamic, got around the park. Battled for so much and won most of his duels whether they were 50/50s or from aggressive pressing, the latter also demonstrating his ability to read what's happening in front of him. Got into advanced positions on occasion too and pinged a shot wide.

All the pressure on, CL game in the San Siro, he just went about his game like it was in the park. Serious potential fears... I'd love to see what he looks like next to Bentancur, sadly won't be till next season... but he and Skipp showed promising signs of a solid CM partnership well suited for the Conte system!

Like you I was impressed yesterday. My one concern however is that I was even more impressed with Winks against Real Madrid and that went on to be his best performance in a Spurs shirt.

For varying reasons he never returned to that peak.

And the line between a Good player (Tanganga for example) and a top half PL player is both a fine line and a big leap.

I'll put my head on the block and say I think he's going to be a big, big player. He has plenty of international experience too. I saw someone mention Winks/Madrid...I still say there's a fine player in Winks which got derailed by managerial changes.

I'll put my head on the block and say I think he's going to be a big, big player. He has plenty of international experience too. I saw someone mention Winks/Madrid...I still say there's a fine player in Winks which got derailed by managerial changes.

Winks has been VERY unlucky to have missed a big part of a couple of seasons with injury, it knocked his progress back and he looked unfit on the couple of occasions he made a return.

I agree that he has the abilty to be a fine player IF he can get over his ankle problems which has held him back.

And the line between a Good player (Tanganga for example) and a top half PL player is both a fine line and a big leap.

"Good player (Tanganga for example)"

hmmm depends on definition of 'good'. I'd be surprised if Tanganga makes it as a regular starter for a PL team. Needs to drop into the championship IMO. Might still meet your definition of good though, depends on how you're seeing things

"Good player (Tanganga for example)"

hmmm depends on definition of 'good'. I'd be surprised if Tanganga makes it as a regular starter for a PL team. Needs to drop into the championship IMO. Might still meet your definition of good though, depends on how you're seeing things
I think he'll be a regular in the PL, then either become a regular squad player in PL or starter in Ch.

That's a good player. The Championship is a high standard - probably a top ten lge in Europe.

And fan abuse
Don’t forget the pressure he had as soon as he walked out in a spurs shirt… I heard fans slag hum off even when he wasn’t playing

I would love to see Sarr in midfield with Kudus, the lad from Ajax and Ghana. They would be amazing together.

Really impressed with Sarr, would actually like the Watford Sarr as well. Only problem with having so many Africans is that you are a bit screwed when the African nation league is on.

Amazed that Sarr is still at Watford, looks like a more intelligent and technical version of Traore whenever I watch him which is some combo. I guess it is his injury record and a long contract?

I would love to see Sarr in midfield with Kudus, the lad from Ajax and Ghana. They would be amazing together.

Really impressed with Sarr, would actually like the Watford Sarr as well. Only problem with having so many Africans is that you are a bit screwed when the African nation league is on.

Never going to happen, headlines of kudus to spurs! Are you kidding.

I think he'll be a big player too. Been wrong in the past, but that won't stop me believing. Think he has a really good mix of defensive abilities, quality on the ball and athleticism. From the outside he seems a good young pro too. That's a good mix.

Racist

One year the Nations Cup is in the summer and then come the next tournament it is in Jan/Feb.

Last edited:
I think he'll be a big player too. Been wrong in the past, but that won't stop me believing. Think he has a really good mix of defensive abilities, quality on the ball and athleticism. From the outside he seems a good young pro too. That's a good mix.

He definitely will be. Since his arrival whenever he’s played he’s fitted right in and been amongst the best performers. He’s only 20 but he’s playing beyond his years in maturity of performance and decision making. He’ll be amongst the very best in his position within a few years.

Last edited:
Back