• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Very astute.

In respect of PEH he has a resilience to injury and somewhat to form that does stabilise us within some bounds of performance. He is not at full throttle/headless chicken mode and wisely so.

He does seem to have settled down so I give Conte credit for coaching that trait of charging round the pitch which made him too easy to bypass with two quick passes.

Was linked with a loan to a side in Italy today.. I wonder who the 'outs' will be this window? Can only really think of Spence or Royal getting loans out really... not much else in the news it seems.

Was linked with a loan to a side in Italy today.. I wonder who the 'outs' will be this window? Can only really think of Spence or Royal getting loans out really... not much else in the news it seems.

Sarr? Conte said him, skipp and gil are going nowhere this window.

Could've been an enquiry before his good performance the other night though

Maybe. But this is what he said (he'd already talked of gil).

but today Skipp and Sarr showed they they are really reliable players for me and I'm really happy. We exploited the period of the World Cup to work with these young players to improve themselves under the tactical aspect and physical aspect. Now they stay with us in the squad. I don’t want to send these young players on loan because the league is very difficult. We have to play Champions League, we have to play FA Cup. I think these young players can stay here to help us face these three competitions.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/conte-gil-sarr-kane-injuries-25898137

You must see the context behind Conte's quotes. He is saying the season is tough with lots of key games coming up, so he cannot let these youngsters go on loan....... but if you dropped Modric onto his lap then yes, he would let Sarr go on loan.

I would let him leave on loan with Bentancur coming back from injury. Would like it if he went to a Premier League side but Serie A would have to do. He needs games as a starter and he won't get it here. Skipp's Norwich loan did wonders for him, unfortunately he was unlucky with injuries after. A Sarr loan may bring him the same type of improvements.

I think he's only guaranteed to start for a top end Championship side (not that he's not good enough from prem teams just unlikely to be trusted) so Norwich, like Skipp would be perfect but at the halway stage teams are likely to be set so finding the right one could be difficult.

Sarr is going to be a star.
I would prefer Conte fast track. Him by letting him play every match and provide competition for Bentancur and Hojberg.
I rare Sarr ahead of Skipp in terms of current fit and overall potential.
Miles ahead of Skippy who I think has regressed massively although not played many minutes recently

I bet Paratici really enjoyed today - it looks like he is doing really well with recruitment for both the now and the future. Sarr, Gil and Spence have at least got some minutes this season in the league. Think all three of these have got very good futures ahead of them if they continue to apply themselves….

Miles ahead of Skippy who I think has regressed massively although not played many minutes recently
Skippy looked really rusty today, maybe he's the one who needs a loan and you'd think he may have lower prem suitors after his Norwich spell and last season for us?

Has @Yiddo been on this thread shouting at everyone who has been positive about his performance today yet? ;)

Edit - I've now checked and to be fair most of positivity was in the match thread, so I will add that it's nice to see him getting his first start - Do we want to be heading into crunch games in the PL / CL with him as a starter right now? Probably not but there's a lot of potential to work with and with Bissouma's injury maybe some more chances coming his way.

Back