• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

yep - really twists the knife over how we blew the chance to have a couple of years in front of them not so long a go.

get Khedira in as well and they're looking a good bet for the title :(

Arsenal have ZERO chance of winning the title with Wenger. None at all. They will finish no higher then 4th next year.

Similar things were said when they signed Arshavin. He didn't exactly light up the Premier League.

We have a bunch of talented players who were hopelessly mismanaged last season. We have a new manager who appears to have the ability to get the best out of his players. And we too will undoubtedly sign some new players.

So before you top yourself, why not see how this summer goes; how the coming season goes?

Agreed. Arsenal fans were creaming themselves when they signed Ozil (and even some people on here went way overboard). Of course they will still finish top 4 though, with us finishing..................GHod knows where !

Arsenal have ZERO chance of winning the title with Wenger. None at all. They will finish no higher then 4th next year.

If Brenton Rodgers can take that Liverpool side to within a whisker of winning the title then I think its fair to assume that Wenger could do the same with the side he is building. They weren't far off last season, the Ramsey injury lay off really ruined their challenge.

Like I said, I think next season will be close with City, Chelski, Arsanal, Utd and Liverpool finishing with up to 80 pts or more. If we get our sh!t together I think we can break 70 pts once again and maybe beat the 72 pts record from a couple of seasons ago.

Debuchy doesn't deserve to mentioned in such company. He isn't even rated by Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans. Certainly no upgrade on Sagna.

True. Fingers crossed that Khedira doesn't sign for them.

I really dont think finishing ahead of Arsenal for a season would have changed much in the long run to be honest...

Maybe not but we finished just 1 point behind them in 2011/12 plus 2012/13 and if we'd got to the CL group stages in those 2 consecutive seasons Levy could've increased the squad wage bill by about £20m (to approx £115m) which would have allowed Spurs to match ARSEnal' player salaries for the first time in many years (as they would have had to slash theirs to comply with FFP)... also might have persuaded Modric and Bale to hang around a bit longer, or at least allowed us to attract higher calibre replacements...

If Brenton Rodgers can take that Liverpool side to within a whisker of winning the title then I think its fair to assume that Wenger could do the same with the side he is building. They weren't far off last season, the Ramsey injury lay off really ruined their challenge.

Like I said, I think next season will be close with City, Chelski, Arsanal, Utd and Liverpool finishing with up to 80 pts or more. If we get our sh!t together I think we can break 70 pts once again and maybe beat the 72 pts record from a couple of seasons ago.

Its been discussed to death but there were loads of factors which enabled "even" Brendan Rogers to get close to the title last season.

It does'nt realy matter who Arsenal sign, Wenger cannot and will not win the title. He simply is'nt good enough in the year 2014/15. He is an old school manager stuck in a bygone age. His flaws have simply been covered up by other teams (most noticeably US!) failing to take advantage. They will finish 4th at best.

Its been discussed to death but there were loads of factors which enabled "even" Brendan Rogers to get close to the title last season.

It does'nt realy matter who Arsenal sign, Wenger cannot and will not win the title. He simply is'nt good enough in the year 2014/15. He is an old school manager stuck in a bygone age. His flaws have simply been covered up by other teams (most noticeably US!) failing to take advantage. They will finish 4th at best.
Didn't you pay attention when year on year they kept selling their best players and failed to buy any good ones because they have been paying off their stadium? That is what stopped them from progressing higher than 4th and allowed us to catch them. Now they are financially OK they are starting to spend big and will manage to challenge for a higher position than 4th

What bygone age is he stuck in?:) they still play a brand of football that is as good or better than the rest, they still score goals, they still finish in the top 4.

I'm not saying they will win the league, but that they are improving with their signings. I believe whilst Mourinho is in English football Wenger will never finish above him. I think LVG has the nous to outwit Wenger too. But it will all be close

Sanchez will play up top for them imo.

------------------------Ramsey------Kheidra--------------------

------Walcott------------------Ozil-------------------Cazorla---

------------------------------Sanchez---------------------------

That's pretty damn scary.

Sanchez will play up top for them imo.

------------------------Ramsey------Kheidra--------------------

------Walcott------------------Ozil-------------------Cazorla---

------------------------------Sanchez---------------------------

That's pretty damn scary.

They'll win the title if they keep that side fit

Wheelchair,Arteta, Flamini, Oxlade, Podolski, Giroud as back up....they're looking strong sadly (Joel Campbell will return too right?).

Hopefully they stick with the macaron they have in goal as he's bound to cost them points during the season.

Last edited:
Didn't you pay attention when year on year they kept selling their best players and failed to buy any good ones because they have been paying off their stadium? That is what stopped them from progressing higher than 4th and allowed us to catch them. Now they are financially OK they are starting to spend big and will manage to challenge for a higher position than 4th

What bygone age is he stuck in?:) they still play a brand of football that is as good or better than the rest, they still score goals, they still finish in the top 4.

I'm not saying they will win the league, but that they are improving with their signings. I believe whilst Mourinho is in English football Wenger will never finish above him. I think LVG has the nous to outwit Wenger too. But it will all be close

If only it was the same bygone age as when Spurs were the top team in North London and undisputed kings of the FA Cup...

Hopefully the oil barons continue to thwart ARSEne' attempts to add to his Premier League trophy haul at least.

Front four has pace and skill, but is very lightweight. With the marauding Ramsey as one of the two deep-lying players and Wenger's propensity for pushing his wing-backs forward, that potentially leaves just Khedira and the two cbs as the physical, defensive-minded 'heft' when they're under the cosh. Someone like Giroud is actually a better option than Sanchez up front for an attacking midfield three like Arsenal's got, imo: he can hold the ball up and provide an early physical barrier for any opposition players trying to break after they've nicked the ball.

Stunned at peoples thoughts on Arsenal again, like some were tipping them for the title last year and what happened ? They finished 4th and, if Fergie had stayed just one more season, they would probably have missed out on the champions league spot altogether. Wenger has'nt won the title or even finished second in the last ten years. That wont change next season.

Stunned at peoples thoughts on Arsenal again, like some were tipping them for the title last year and what happened ? They finished 4th and, if Fergie had stayed just one more season, they would probably have missed out on the champions league spot altogether. Wenger has'nt won the title or even finished second in the last ten years. That wont change next season.
I really don't care if they finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th.........I simply want us to finish a season above them, is that too much to ask. Football is as much about rivalries as it is trophies and I cannot even remember the last time we finished a season higher than them in the league, what was it 1995? Its a fcuking joke and despite them falling back in recent years and us improving still we can't overtake them, not even for just one season.

Now they are starting to spend big money, have the stadium and finances in place, have finally won a trophy, we are slipping away from them again. That's the problem

Back