• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

BsNFny_IEAAzXLH.jpg

Another example of how the billionaires at the top end are scum. Hoarding all the best youth by paying over the odds in the first place. Not exactly a level playing field is it?

Indeed, Mourinho has openly admitted that Chelsea are hoarding talented young players in order to circumvent the FFP rules as they can no longer just brazenly splash the cash and have them all sitting on the sidelines as they used to.

Hopefully UEFA will amend their regulations to close this loophole, although I'm sure Chelsea will find another one to exploit to ensure that Abramovich can continue to bankroll the club.

Mourinho claimed to relish the the challenge of the financial restraints, adding: "It's even better and even more enjoyable work, I think."

"Chelsea made great investments in the past and in some moments we were criticised because we did so much, but things change and we’ve adapted to those conditions. With, for example, a player like Kevin De Bruyne, who played three or four games, we made a fantastic profit. There are other players that belong to Chelsea who maybe won’t play one single match for us, so we’ll sell them.”

"We had to organise ourselves in a different way. It wasn’t me, it was before me, but the club were doing fantastic work in this area; Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, Thorgan Hazard, Piazon. Lots of young players, not all of them will have a career at Chelsea but all of them are important in this new financial situation."

"So Chelsea worked very, very well and probably started doing that before other clubs. Because of that, even if Financial Fair Play comes into practice, I think Chelsea are advanced projecting that new situation"

Brilliant player, no doubt. But, don't they rather need a RB, a CB, a DM and a striker more than Sanchez? Maybe AW has got A LOT of money to spend...

Theyve signed Debuchy for rb and are close to getting Khedira for dm

Shows how far we are behind Arsenal. We can't compete with them and we had our chance a few seasons back but blew it.

Another ten years of dominance over us! Wahooooo

yep - really twists the knife over how we blew the chance to have a couple of years in front of them not so long a go.

get Khedira in as well and they're looking a good bet for the title :(

To be honest, fair play to them. Not that bothered if they do win the league, if they do, good luck to them. Football is boring and each season I lose the love.

Not even looking forward to this season and I renewed my season ticket again!

yeah can't grumble too much - they've built themselves in to this position the right way. just a shame we missed a great opportunity to set them back a few years

Yup, can only imagine what a difference it could've made if we'd got an extra couple of points during the Lasagne-gate, Mind-the-Gap or Record-Points-Haul campaigns... the £70+million in CL revenue we missed out on must be haunting Levy to this day.

@GaryLineker: If AFC wrap up deals with Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy, & get Khedira, which I hear is possible, they could well win the title. :eek:

The standard in the PL is going to exceptional this season imo. I think the 4th place team will get between 75-80 pts or maybe more.....

Shows how far we are behind Arsenal. We can't compete with them and we had our chance a few seasons back but blew it.

Another ten years of dominance over us! Wahooooo

Similar things were said when they signed Arshavin. He didn't exactly light up the Premier League.

We have a bunch of talented players who were hopelessly mismanaged last season. We have a new manager who appears to have the ability to get the best out of his players. And we too will undoubtedly sign some new players.

So before you top yourself, why not see how this summer goes; how the coming season goes?

To be honest, fair play to them. Not that bothered if they do win the league, if they do, good luck to them. Football is boring and each season I lose the love.

Not even looking forward to this season and I renewed my season ticket again!

Seriously, you're not bothered if they do win the league??? Good luck to them???

****ing sell your season ticket to someone who does want it, then. A proper Spurs fan, hopefully.

I really dont think finishing ahead of Arsenal for a season would have changed much in the long run to be honest...

Yup, can only imagine what a difference it could've made if we'd got an extra couple of points during the Lasagne-gate, Mind-the-Gap or Record-Points-Haul campaigns... the £70+million in CL revenue we missed out on must be haunting Levy to this day.

@GaryLineker: If AFC wrap up deals with Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy, & get Khedira, which I hear is possible, they could well win the title. :eek:

Debuchy doesn't deserve to mentioned in such company. He isn't even rated by Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans. Certainly no upgrade on Sagna.

I really dont think finishing ahead of Arsenal for a season would have changed much in the long run to be honest...

It would have helped. But, agreed, they'd still have had far more to spend on transfers and wages than we do.

Wenger won't win the title again no matter who they sign. He was ahead of his time so his weak points were covered up but he will never grind out a win by defending strongly he will never pick a defensive team to get a job done and he doesn't scout and plan against opposition teams.

Goons will be great to watch as always under Wenger the new signings more so but they'll still lose or draw their fair share of games they should be winning and will still throw away promising positions and will still be fragile mentally

That depends if we got 4th and they got 5th. I think being out of the CL for a year would hurt them a lot.

Back