• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

I can't help feeling we've missed a huge opportunity with Falcao.

Nik Postinger ‏@TouchlineDrama 13 May
From what I hear Falcao will move to AS Monaco to spend a half-season gracing Ligue 1 before a winter transfer window switch to Real Madrid.

Would be a similar set-up to the deal that almost saw Heinze move to Crystal Palace as a stepping stone to Liverpool before United got wind.

Real Madrid would side-step the clause Atlético inserted into Falcao's last contract stating that Madrid would have to pay €75m to get him.

When Agüero was sold to City a clause stipulated that he would not be sold to Real for 2 years. Monaco not being held to any such agreement.

Zeki Fryers' 2012 move from United to Spurs via a gap year spent at sunny Standard Liège makes him the posterboy for these kind of dealings.

Plenty of other people are saying that kind of thing too. Admittedly Monaco have the money to sign Falcao without eyebrows being raised, but we have that partnership with Real Madrid, so far it just seems like that partnership will be mentioned when Real buy our players... If we were to get something out of it like 6 months of Falcao before selling him to Madrid, that'd be quite nice.

From our point of view, Real Madrid could have plenty of meetings with us without this sort of thing flagging because everyone would assume it's just Bale that's being discussed.

The good news is that if Real Madrid or even Monaco do end up with him at the end of next season, it means Chelsea didn't get him for any time... But Real doing us a favour would have put them in a better position to sign Bale in the near future, or so I'd have thought.

Fulham have agreed to sign on-loan Cologne right-back Sascha Riether on a permanent transfer for an undisclosed fee.

I'm glad Falcao is not going to one of our rivals if that's true.

id love to see him in the Prem, best striker in the world. Not at Chelsea, not at Utd, of course he would never end up at Arse....but at City i wouldnt be too bothered.

AFC manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that the club are in 'advanced' talks over Auxerre starlet Yaya Sanogo

eg0xzlb.jpg

Another highly rated Football Manager player going to a big club..

But, that game has no legitimacy and only kids or deluded grown up's play it, right?!?!?!?!

Not that David Moyes uses it or anything, or anyone grown up and sensible....Right?

Right?

Come on guys, let's make a cheap dig, righhhht?

No.

Last edited:
Another highly rated Football Manager player going to a big club..

To me it seems quite likely that FM would be a useful tool for clubs if used right.

Another FM star (at least former, haven't played in a couple of years) being touted for a move to the PL now is Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke. Young Greek central defender. Has looked very promising when I've seen him play, kind of reminds me of Vidic although a bit shorter. Liverpool being reported as favourites although United, City and a few other clubs are also being mentioned.

I think he would be a good signing for most top PL clubs.

Everyone banging on about bale Ronaldo falcao lewandowski not saying it'll be under the radar cos it'll be mega bucks but whoever buys cavani will be a force next season up there with if not better than falcao IMO

To me it seems quite likely that FM would be a useful tool for clubs if used right.

Another FM star (at least former, haven't played in a couple of years) being touted for a move to the PL now is Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke. Young Greek central defender. Has looked very promising when I've seen him play, kind of reminds me of Vidic although a bit shorter. Liverpool being reported as favourites although United, City and a few other clubs are also being mentioned.

I think he would be a good signing for most top PL clubs.

It's rare that FM get it wrong. In the old days of CM they used to, they used to just overrate players for the sake of it (Cherno Samba, The Super Swedes) and even made some up.. but FM usually get it right. I mean the amount of times I could have said in the past few years, ohhh he was great on football manager, probably would have been laughed at.. I remember buying Falcao as a 16 year old from River Plate.

FM have been known to produce 'shortlists' for clubs at lower levels and i believe even for Everton once.

i also read that they sell on the data they collect each year to several clubs as well

Heard on Talksport this afternoon that Westham have had an offer for Negredo knocked back. Wasn't from Graham Hunter but another Spanish football 'expert' Paul Green Turner? Shows that West Ham are going after quality players.

Heard on Talksport this afternoon that Westham have had an offer for Negredo knocked back. Wasn't from Graham Hunter but another Spanish football 'expert' Paul Green Turner? Shows that West Ham are going after quality players.

No good going for quality players when you actually know that you have no chance in getting them, its purely a PR exercise from the dildo brothers..

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Carlos Tevez has confirmed that he would have no qualms about moving to France with Paris Saint Germain or Monaco.

Super rich mercenary would be interested in signing for clubs willing to pay him even more than he's currently earning. I am shocked!

No good going for quality players when you actually know that you have no chance in getting them, its purely a PR exercise from the dildo brothers..

they are also talking to Chels about loaning Lukaku for a season.....

Back