• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

18th place? 30pts? No chance I'd say. Will be between 35pts to 38pts. Regardless he needs to be aiming for 40pts and that means he has 25 games to get 36pts. Brings to mind a famous scene from Jaws where Quint works out that Hooper intends to go into the shark cage at some point, "Fairwell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies..." :lol:

Last season it took 37 points to stay up, but IMO you'll be comfortable with 35 this year. Win a few against the other teams down there and you've got a great chance.

Last season it took 37 points to stay up, but IMO you'll be comfortable with 35 this year. Win a few against the other teams down there and you've got a great chance.

Still can't see them getting 36pts from just 25 games though. Over the course of a season that would equate to 55ish pts which would have been good enough for 8th last year and 7th the year before that. QPR are definitely underperforming but even if they performed to their level they'd finish between 13th and 16th. No way they are good enough for top 8, but that is the sort of form they need to start putting in to stand ANY chance of survival.

Perhaps he'll link up the Ferdinand brothers?

Might even go in for Lampard or Beckham. Not read and footie news so perhaps this has already been speculated.

Perhaps he'll link up the Ferdinand brothers?

Might even go in for Lampard or Beckham. Not read and footie news so perhaps this has already been speculated.

JTS suggested it

I said it

Youre just nicking it

grrrrrrrrr

I claim any player over the age of 26 that has either played for England or under Harry before.

I claim any player 29 or 0ver on 65k a week plus! Oh, and David Beckham to return in Jan!!!!!!!

and if it a) helps them stay up and b) helps them increase revenue then job done eh...

What QPR need is experience and Harry will bring that in -no problem with that is it. As for the over 65k Im sure Hughes has already sewn that up

Harry saves them from relegation he gets £2 mill (wages and bonus). If he doesn't save them he gets £1 mill. Not bad for a few months work for a pensioner.

Harry saves them from relegation he gets £2 mill (wages and bonus). If he doesn't save them he gets £1 mill. Not bad for a few months work for a pensioner.

It is well worth them (and everyone else) staying up this year. The bottom club next season will take more prize money than the champions this season. I think that it is going to be a very difficult January transfer window, any club in danger of going down and with a bit of money, is going to spend big to try and stay up.

It is well worth them (and everyone else) staying up this year. The bottom club next season will take more prize money than the champions this season. I think that it is going to be a very difficult January transfer window, any club in danger of going down and with a bit of money, is going to spend big to try and stay up.

Good point. We however will not be in competition with the bottom feeders for transfers. In fact we should seek to profit from the situation.

Good point. We however will not be in competition with the bottom feeders for transfers. In fact we should seek to profit from the situation.

Competition for strikers will be fierce, we want at least one of those and they are hard to sign in January under normal circumstances.

Harry bought Pamarot for Portsmouth and persuaded Defoe to go there as well. This appointment is fabulous news for Spurs.
Parker will be top of HR's shopping list.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks selling Parker to 'Arry is a bad idea? He's got a couple of good years left in him, and I'd rather him than Livermore as our primary defensive mid cover.

Am I the only one who thinks selling Parker to 'Arry is a bad idea? He's got a couple of good years left in him, and I'd rather him than Livermore as our primary defensive mid cover.
If Parker was on a mere £20k per week I would love the guy to stay at Spurs .But I would guess he is on about a quarter of a million a month.

If Parker was on a mere £20k per week I would love the guy to stay at Spurs .But I would guess he is on about a quarter of a million a month.

True, but on the other hand, there aren't many cheaper DMs around who can do a better job than he can.

For what it's worth, I think he will be sold, if Harry and QPR pony up a good enough offer. Levy will not turn down good money for an ageing player with diminishing value. But I'd rather we kept him around. The guy sets an example, if nothing else.

It is going to be interesting how Redknapp does at QPR. I think our form got badly affected from January due to his illness, court case and link with England. Let's see if he has overcome all that. I wonder how Tarrabt will feel about Redknapp after not getting chance under him at Spurs.

Back