• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

I cant imagine how bitter and uptight I'd have to be to view his comment as anything other than a harmless remark.

Its nothing. Get over it. When he makes these comments you arent suppose to take it that seriously and analyse his every word.

Iiiiiiin he comes to save the daaaaaaay!!!

It was, as you say, "cheery cheeky chappie 'Arry" (no sniff of anything other than a giggle) and you're right, I don't take it seriously and the best of luck to him.
I'm just glad our manager doesn't say that sort of brick...:-" ;)

Quite clearly Harry just understands the game. Cant work out why some people dislike him so much, he has so much knowledge and expertise I could listen to him talk about football for hours. Some people need to forget what they *think* is true (or maybe just thinking would be a start). Not only was he spot on about Lampard, but you could tell he didnt rate that other guy and was correct about Holland bouncing back and being a first division player (although he went a bit higher than that and was lower PL).

Do you wish he was still our manager? Yes or no?

It's not harmless. The problem with it is he does not aim it at one individual, therefore leaving himself in a position of possibly being taken to task over it. Instead he leaves it "open-ended" and in his crafty ****ney way allows people to make of it what they will. Once again, he will be viewed by the media as "cheeky Harry" because he has not slighted anyone directly.

The press and football in general rounded on SAF last week because he made a direct attack on another football club (albeit in defense of his own). Harry won't get that because of the way he worded things.

It is a throw-away remark, but a totally pointless one. And yes, classless. BUT............we really shouldn't be bothering ourselves on here about it, because he no longer has any bearing on our football club.

Hater. Harry hater. You're just blind and deaf to his genius, etc, etc...

of course I am in the seat right next to you!!! :eek::ross:\o/

That was a day to forget :-&

This was Harry's first victory at Stamford Bridge since 1999 apparently, a shame that he couldn't have ended that bad run when he was our manager although I don't remember Chelski ever playing quite that badly against us.

didnt think chelsea played that badly for a start..they had alot of the ball and had quite a few attempts

and i am pretty sure if QPR stood still like statues then chelsea would easily have scored 8. maybe , just maybe QPR had something to do with it;)

Does anyone really care to keep going over the same brick everyday? Redknapp is gone from the club and we should focus our backing on AVB. I'm grateful for what Redknapp did for us but he isn't and never will be a "Spurs" man (neither will AVB) so now he isn't a Spurs employee all we should care about is that any team he manages is a team we well and truly stuff and that they don't finish above us!!!

Hater. Harry hater. You're just blind and deaf to his genius, etc, etc...

of course I am in the seat right next to you!!! :eek::ross:\o/

parklane1 plays the big moral chief that people cant let go and that peope are biased in favour of harry and harry has arse lickers (whatever that means) but in truth he is no better than any of us and could actually be considered worse in some circles. to point fingers at everyone else when he infact takes every opportunity to have a gorilla warfare like attack on any supportive comment harry gets. i actually thought he was an objective character that just didnt like how harry keeps being brought up...but the truth is that he has been a hater of harry from the start...it must be the case

Does anyone really care to keep going over the same brick everyday? Redknapp is gone from the club and we should focus our backing on AVB. I'm grateful for what Redknapp did for us but he isn't and never will be a "Spurs" man (neither will AVB) so now he isn't a Spurs employee all we should care about is that any team he manages is a team we well and truly stuff and that they don't finish above us!!!

I think that's a little unfair. Would you say Fergie wasn't a Utd man? Or Wenger wasn't an Arsenal man? I think, as unlikely as it is, AVB stays at the club 15-20 years wins trophies and titles he'll be a Spurs man!

I cant imagine how bitter and uptight I'd have to be to view his comment as anything other than a harmless remark.

Its nothing. Get over it. When he makes these comments you arent suppose to take it that seriously and analyse his every word.

How about commenting on someone else's comment?

I think that's a little unfair. Would you say Fergie wasn't a Utd man? Or Wenger wasn't an Arsenal man? I think, as unlikely as it is, AVB stays at the club 15-20 years wins trophies and titles he'll be a Spurs man!

Different eras and the last of their breed. AVB is successful at Spurs it benefits us all, but do not doubt for a second that he'll drop us if a better job offer comes along as he is an ambitious man.

Different eras and the last of their breed. AVB is successful at Spurs it benefits us all, but do not doubt for a second that he'll drop us if a better job offer comes along as he is an ambitious man.

I can see your point, however if AVB does well enough to be successful at spurs there aren't going to be that many bigger jobs.

I guess it depends as what you define as 'Success'..

I asked you this at the time of his hiring...where exactly is better for AVB from us?

He wouldn't join Arsenal. He won't go back to Chelsea. Emirates Marketing Project and Man United would probably go for someone more proven and even if they wanted him, I'm not actually convinced he would leave us for them at all. He's said before he wants a 10-15 year career and not much more. And he has said in that time he wants to build something special. He wants to leave a legacy. We provide him the perfect opportunity to do that - to be successful in the face of the sugar daddy clubs would be an almost unrivalled achievement in this league. He's also said he's always fancied managing in Brazil at some point - he doesn't actually strike me as a career climber whatsoever to be honest. Yes he left Porto, but the opportunity to build a legacy at Chelsea, the entire attractiveness of the project there and establish a different ethos at the club compared to Mourinho probably got him - that would have been a challenge enough for him. Now he has that here.

Quite clearly Harry just understands the game. Cant work out why some people dislike him so much, he has so much knowledge and expertise I could listen to him talk about football for hours. Some people need to forget what they *think* is true (or maybe just thinking would be a start). Not only was he spot on about Lampard, but you could tell he didnt rate that other guy and was correct about Holland bouncing back and being a first division player (although he went a bit higher than that and was lower PL).

Yep - also loved how spookily he predicted the careers of Holland and the other guy too.

No doubt Harry knows his stuff - I think he is a really good manager and did great things for us. He was also the right man for us for a time, but I think when that time ended he had to go.

Yep - also loved how spookily he predicted the careers of Holland and the other guy too.

No doubt Harry knows his stuff - I think he is a really good manager and did great things for us. He was also the right man for us for a time, but I think when that time ended he had to go.

Yes, a man of his years and experience has to know their stuff to a degree (Lampard is family BTW) but he is not a GHod of talent spotting, he makes mistakes like all managers...makes you wonder about Cavani though...also makes you wonder why he nearly flogged Bale...we'd best not mention the likes of Marco Boogers and Răducioiu.

As a friend said to me, more than how he predicted the careers, it's more impressive the way he backs his player. An unproven player. Something he arguably doesn't do enough nowadays.

Again, abusing Harry for the sake of it rather than him actually doing anything wrong.

Do you even disagree with what he has said ? Most of the fans on this forum ridiculed AVB when he was in charge of Chelsea because of their results compared to the money/squad.

But it was probably much more related to putting a bit of pressure on Chelsea while taking it off his own team... ie Rafa if he wins, he should do he has all the talent there. But considering he listed players not even at the club when AVB was there I doubt it was a dig at him.

And even if it was a dig at someone in particular, I take it you find this unacceptable? Well go and read all of your unwarranted digs at Harry and tell me why you are allowed to do it but he isnt ? Yours is on a much larger direct scale, his was a slight cheeky comment to someone he will have a glass of wine with in a couple of weeks.

This

Yes, a man of his years and experience has to know their stuff to a degree (Lampard is family BTW) but he is not a GHod of talent spotting, he makes mistakes like all managers...makes you wonder about Cavani though...also makes you wonder why he nearly flogged Bale...we'd best not mention the likes of Marco Boogers and Răducioiu.

Did Harry brick in your dinner or something Steff?

Whatever you think of him personally, he got West Ham into the top 5, won an FA cup with a small club in an era dominated by the big four and got always let you down Tottenham into the Champions League (above teams that spent more money than us) and then onto the quarter finals at his first attempt whereas clubs like Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project were bombing out in the group stages at their first attempts.

This isn't me pining for him to come back, this is just me stating the facts about what he's achieved in his career.

If you do have some ITK about Harry, why don't you share it all with us?

I agree with Jurgen and Golf ball

I'm 100% behind AVB

But if we don't finish 4th, not sure there's anything wrong with wishing Harry was still the manager

He delivered me Spurs vs Inter

My greatest night as a Spurs fan

Did Harry brick in your dinner or something Steff?

Whatever you think of him personally, he got West Ham into the top 5, won an FA cup with a small club in an era dominated by the big four and got always let you down Tottenham into the Champions League (above teams that spent more money than us) and then onto the quarter finals at his first attempt whereas clubs like Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project were bombing out in the group stages at their first attempts.

This isn't me pining for him to come back, this is just me stating the facts about what he's achieved in his career.

If you do have some ITK about Harry, why don't you share it all with us?

Rather than think you and yours can come in and jump all over any comment made which doesn't present Harry Redknapp as a footballing GHod, why not re-read my post and tell me what's wrong with it? I genuinely fail to see what's so egregious about the comment? He obviously has to know his stuff to a degree and he has made mistakes. Would it be 'shat-in-my-dinner' territory to ask why he has only won an FA Cup? Or to ponder why the biggest job he has ever had, or got, was ours? Or why he DIDN'T get the England job? I suppose those are all off the table, except for the 'shat in my dinner' crowd? ;)

If you can be arsed, look back a few pages and you will see me outline exactly what my major problem with Redknapp was, and how it was always about what he could've done with us had he applied himself to the job in the way that, say, AVB is currently applying himself. Again, failure when you've tried as hard as you can is acceptable. Failure when you've lost your focus a couple of times but held your hand in the air and explained your part in it is forgivable. Failure when you pretend it wasn't and when you pretend you didn't take your eye off any ball at any time is unacceptable...IMO.

As for your last line, not a chance. Anyway, Golfball will tell you I am a liar! :lol:

<<Yes, a man of his years and experience has to know their stuff to a degree (Lampard is family BTW) but he is not a GHod of talent spotting, he makes mistakes like all managers...makes you wonder about Cavani though...also makes you wonder why he nearly flogged Bale...we'd best not mention the likes of Marco Boogers and Răducioiu.>>

I agree with Jurgen and Golf ball

I'm 100% behind AVB

But if we don't finish 4th, not sure there's anything wrong with wishing Harry was still the manager

He delivered me Spurs vs Inter

My greatest night as a Spurs fan

There is nothing wrong with it at all.
It would just explain a lot to me about people from my perspective IMO...to be fair, none of us knows each other beyond these posts, so any impressions cast are greatly lacking in context. Mother Theresa could've made herself look evil with the wrong post in these waters!:eek:

Back