• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

So at

Bournemouth = Spent £1.2m and brought in £1.77m.
West Ham = Spent £52.09m and brought in £77.01m.
First spell at Pompey = Spent £7.65m and brought in £5.06m.
Southampton = Spent £2.57m and brought in £16m.
Second spell at Pompey = Spent £68.3m and brought in £29.07m.

I'd be really interested to know the agent fees and salaries involved in each deal. I believe it was the salaries which killed Pompey...

So our top salary is 60k/week (at his time at least)?

I thought it was a tasteless, poor and damaging remark which lacked context. We all know there are all sorts of ways Spurs work around their salary cap, including signing fees and (of course) the bonus system...very mischevious on Harry's part. He cannot leave us alone either, and it' my bet that he was looking to us for a favor and found that he has to use the same method as everyone else. he said some strange things on the radio post-Saudi Sportswashing Machine about people who 'don't help' and something about those who don't help will find out what it's like when they need help Did anyone else hear this? I looked for it in the transcripts and it wasn't there. Very strange.

I was going to leave this alone, but Redknapp has finally shown what a two-faced git he really is; remember many times previously when he's said he doesn't know what players earn?? Now he spouts off giving a view of not just how much Bosingwa earns but also that he 'earns more than anyone at Spurs'

For years a Liverpool-supportng friend has been going on and on about how classless, two-faced, full of hull Redknapp is; I used to get into good slanging matches (especially involving Benitez and King Kenny), now I change the subject...

Despite what he did for us (especially against the Goons) I hope we stuff QPR in January and I hope QPR go down.

Rant over!

I'd be really interested to know the agent fees and salaries involved in each deal. I believe it was the salaries which killed Pompey...

Why do we berate Harry for what cash he has spent, fees paid to agents and salaries paid to players? Is that not the job of the Chairman/DoF or Chief Exec? It is not the job specification and job description of the Manager to negotiate salaries and agent fees.

When we recruit at our workplace - we recruit with the assistance of HR and approval by someone senior. Any salaries or agent fees etc are negotiated at a higher level than mine. I imagine that a football club in recruiting players are run on a similar basis.

I am unsure why Harry (or anyone other Manager) would constantly gets criticised for this.

Why do we berate Harry for what cash he has spent, fees paid to agents and salaries paid to players? Is that not the job of the Chairman/DoF or Chief Exec? It is not the job specification and job description of the Manager to negotiate salaries and agent fees.

When we recruit at our workplace - we recruit with the assistance of HR and approval by someone senior. Any salaries or agent fees etc are negotiated at a higher level than mine. I imagine that a football club in recruiting players are run on a similar basis.

I am unsure why Harry (or anyone other Manager) would constantly gets criticised for this.

It's probably the double-standards; how can he complain about some QPR players 'getting paid too much' when he himself says he 'doesn't know what players get paid', is on record as saying he got bonuses from player sales profits at Pompey? He was involved at Pompey in terms of what contracts palyers signed, and quite frankly contributed to their current plight with signing overrated players on big salaries.

I agree that ultimately the decision on how much players get paid is for the chairman, but at Pomepy things were a bit 'cosy' shall we say

It's probably the double-standards; how can he complain about some QPR players 'getting paid too much' when he himself says he 'doesn't know what players get paid', is on record as saying he got bonuses from player sales profits at Pompey? He was involved at Pompey in terms of what contracts palyers signed, and quite frankly contributed to their current plight with signing overrated players on big salaries.

I agree that ultimately the decision on how much players get paid is for the chairman, but at Pomepy things were a bit 'cosy' shall we say

Because like you and I im sure he reads the papers. None of us know how much players truly earn but we do know is its in the thousands and thousands. I am sure he was chatting crap when he didnt know how much players were getting but every Manager chats crap over certain subjects.

Yeah he gets bonuses but like anything in employment - people get bonuses. i am presuming he got bonuses for sales at profit which meant revenue for the club - so by default he wasnt buying bricky players if hey were being sold at a profit. At Portsmouth yeah it may have been cosy thats open to speculation but that aint Harrys fault - thats the fault of Peter Storrey etc In regards to every other club we cant paint those situations with the same brush.

Overall I think its unfair to lay blame on a Manager (be it Harry or anyone) for putting clubs in brick when infact its the Chairmans/CEOs responsibility NOT TO get the club in that difficulty.

Because like you and I im sure he reads the papers. None of us know how much players truly earn but we do know is its in the thousands and thousands. I am sure he was chatting crap when he didnt know how much players were getting but every Manager chats crap over certain subjects.

Yeah he gets bonuses but like anything in employment - people get bonuses. i am presuming he got bonuses for sales at profit which meant revenue for the club - so by default he wasnt buying bricky players if hey were being sold at a profit. At Portsmouth yeah it may have been cosy thats open to speculation but that aint Harrys fault - thats the fault of Peter Storrey etc In regards to every other club we cant paint those situations with the same brush.

Overall I think its unfair to lay blame on a Manager (be it Harry or anyone) for putting clubs in brick when infact its the Chairmans/CEOs responsibility NOT TO get the club in that difficulty.

Yeah, then it's probabaly not right that said Manager can talk brick about players 'getting paid yoo much' (how much exactly is 'too much'??) and certainly not the place for said manager to take a high moral stance about such things. As before he should keep his trap shut, thereby not exposing his own double-standards and also keeping a certain air of consistency and dignity.

Where am I 'berating' anyone? I am merely pondering whether there is more to those specific statistics! I 'suspect' there is. That's all. Calm down son! Have an After Eight, a shot and see if Chich has 'stuffed the turkey' yet! :eek:;) (seriously, Happy Xmas mate)...

p.s. It would, however, explain the difference in Harry & Levy's operating philosophies mate...

Where am I 'berating' anyone? I am merely pondering whether there is more to those specific statistics! I 'suspect' there is. That's all. Calm down son! Have an After Eight, a shot and see if Chich has 'stuffed the turkey' yet! :eek:;) (seriously, Happy Xmas mate)...

p.s. It would, however, explain the difference in Harry & Levy's operating philosophies mate...

Nope but my penis has been inside at i have the topping for the cauliflower cheese this year, and i did not have to use cheese

fudge the lot of yer

Not you specifically - just this criticism of him putting clubs into trouble. Thats all. Its not limited to Harry I think its any club - A Manager is not responsible for putting clubs into danger its generally the Board for authorising the release of funds and purchase of players.

Chich seems to be stuffing a couple of his own turkeys that cheating fudger.

Nope but my penis has been inside at i have the topping for the cauliflower cheese this year, and i did not have to use cheese

fudge the lot of yer

:ross:
\o/8-[:mrgreen:

If Spurs were as consistent as you, Sir, we'd have walked the fudging league without any shadow of a doubt at least 10 times by now. Nice idea to rub some cheese on the inside of the old bird if you will...:-"

I thought it was a tasteless, poor and damaging remark which lacked context. We all know there are all sorts of ways Spurs work around their salary cap, including signing fees and (of course) the bonus system...very mischevious on Harry's part. He cannot leave us alone either, and it' my bet that he was looking to us for a favor and found that he has to use the same method as everyone else. he said some strange things on the radio post-Saudi Sportswashing Machine about people who 'don't help' and something about those who don't help will find out what it's like when they need help Did anyone else hear this? I looked for it in the transcripts and it wasn't there. Very strange.

Spot on - classless dig, much like the one against Levy in the Anelka piece

Utter, utter mug

I agree. A manager can't get a club in financial difficulty except by being bad at his job and getting them relegated. It's the Board that is responsible for getting in financial difficulty in most cases, in this one presumably a mix of Storey being reckless and a succession of penniless billionaires and assorted crooks as owners.

However, we know from 'Arry's court case that he was on commission. When DoF it was 10% of player profits and it was reduced to 5% when he took over as manager. It was the attempt to make up the difference that saw money in the Rosie47 account. This deal provides an incentive to buy players with other interests than improving the team: e.g if the first team needed a midfielder and there was a promising young forward available on a good deal from a friendly agent, who would be bought? He'd have to buy well to earn the commission, but it might not use available resources effectively and could leave the team short in some positions.

Of course, the blame for this arrangement also lies with the Board. We can only speculate about whether 'Arry took advantage or not and even if he did I doubt it was more than a small factor in Portsmouth's troubles.

Another day, another press conference from 'arry...

Harry Redknapp clarifies attack he made on QPR's "overpaid" players | Sky Sports

...Redknapp praised former manager Mark Hughes, claiming players not pulling their weight caused his sacking, and said he wants to take the club higher.

He added: "It was difficult for Mark, he was a top manager. I've got great respect for him. And the chairman here, I don't think I've met any nicer people in football. That's why I'm desperate to do well for the people who run this club.

"One or two of the players haven't pulled their weight, that's why Mark lost his job. If you want to go and spend 30 odd million on Aguero you know what you're getting. They're not gambles they're certainties. That's how the game works.

"When you're dealing at the other end of the market you're taking chances, you don't have the money for the fees. I'm going to be taking the chances now, in the transfer window. Hopefully they'll come off but there's no guarantee.

If only Levy was a nice chairman who would splash out £30m on a top class striker...

Portsmouth had the 5th biggest wage bill in the Premier League back in 2008, when Harry left them, equating to 90% of the club's turnover.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01416/ARFF_2009_Table_3__1416113a.pdf

Unfortunately the Premier League only started publishing agents fees the following season when they spent £3.2m.

Premier League reveal agent fees - So how much did your club spend? | Mail Online

According to this, Portsmouth owed owed 24 different agents a total of £9million when they went into adminstration.

Pini Zahavi, the agent with his finger in many Portsmouth pies | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

I agree. A manager can't get a club in financial difficulty except by being bad at his job and getting them relegated. It's the Board that is responsible for getting in financial difficulty in most cases, in this one presumably a mix of Storey being reckless and a succession of penniless billionaires and assorted crooks as owners.

However, we know from 'Arry's court case that he was on commission. When DoF it was 10% of player profits and it was reduced to 5% when he took over as manager. It was the attempt to make up the difference that saw money in the Rosie47 account. This deal provides an incentive to buy players with other interests than improving the team: e.g if the first team needed a midfielder and there was a promising young forward available on a good deal from a friendly agent, who would be bought? He'd have to buy well to earn the commission, but it might not use available resources effectively and could leave the team short in some positions.

Of course, the blame for this arrangement also lies with the Board. We can only speculate about whether 'Arry took advantage or not and even if he did I doubt it was more than a small factor in Portsmouth's troubles.

It is strange that someone like a DoF or a Manager getting commission - its different to say a bank or an investor etc.

Dont forget Harry did win the FA Cup with Portsmouth and did get them success. Lets also not forget that whilst he was on commission every transfer, I would suspect, would need to be approved/ratified by the Board - so whichever way the situation is viewed from it is still down to the Board.

But like you say - his role would have been a small role to have played in the grand scheme of things.

Portsmouth had the 5th biggest wage bill in the Premier League back in 2008, when Harry left them, equating to 90% of the club's turnover.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01416/ARFF_2009_Table_3__1416113a.pdf

Unfortunately the Premier League only started publishing agents fees the following season when they spent £3.2m.

Premier League reveal agent fees - So how much did your club spend? | Mail Online

According to this, Portsmouth owed owed 24 different agents a total of £9million when they went into adminstration.

Pini Zahavi, the agent with his finger in many Portsmouth pies | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

I mean, it's not even about 'pro' Harry or 'anti' Harry, it's about how people feel a football club should be run. Levy is nothing if not tough, and he simply would never let Harry run over him like this with his transfer dealings. They had, it is fair to say, different philosophies on how to manage the footballing affairs of a club.

I don't mind all the gonad*s HR comes out with-anything that gives a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes in football interests me. Anyone who actually expects class from 'Arry is on a sticky wicket.
I hope what's next is a win for QPR today.

Back