• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - How long have you been a member of GG?

I remember being on this board in 2002-03 something like that, as I remember the office I was working in at the time, rather than who the players/manager were. The posters I remember from that time were: Polar, Florida Yid (who arranged GG t-shirts), Malta Yid, ChrisM, badger, Tottenham Paul, Sir Les, Scotty(something or other), East Stand Sal, South Stand Girl, Jaffa Cake Boy (Monster), Burberry.

I've been around since early 2000s. Seen the place in a number of iterations and did have a break away for a while. It's not as active as it used to be and I sadly (?) don't commit as much time to it - or certainly to posting. I'm sure I had one or two previous usernames rather than this one.

Just remembered I bought a Glory-glory.net t-shirt that someone made which is probably still in a drawer. Got baptised in it.

Last edited:
Lurking regularly since some time prior to the "MidoManLover" incident. Not really sure, I think this is the third version of the forum I have been on.

I remember being on this board in 2002-03 something like that, as I remember the office I was working in at the time, rather than who the players/manager were. The posters I remember from that time were: Polar, Florida Yid (who arranged GG t-shirts), Malta Yid, ChrisM, roostererel, Tottenham Paul, Sir Les, Scotty(something or other), East Stand Sal, South Stand Girl, Jaffa Cake Boy (Monster), Burberry.
Do you still the red glove photos...?

About 2000 or 2001 for me. This and Soccernet were the first football sites I discovered on the internet (the internet only came into common use in about 1998 IIRC).

It was called GG.net for a while, perhaps something else before then.

Spurs 0 Fulham 3!

Two for Barry Hayles who setup Luis Boa Morte for the other!

That was the day I found this place...or whatever it was at the time!

Spurs 0 Fulham 3!

Two for Barry Hayles who setup Luis Boa Morte for the other!

That was the day I found this place...or whatever it was at the time!

ha, I think I properly threw my toys out of the pram after that one

I initially used alt.sport.spurs until one day everyone was telling Moonlit Knight what a clown shoe he was and he stopped off saying I'm off to join <whatever this site was called at the time - spurs update? >

I remember thinking "Wow, there's other Spurs sites?" and joining almost straight away. I don't know when he joined, but it was around then.

Last edited:
Spurs update for me.... I was the first ever poster...

Used to chat to myself ....

In fairness nothing much has changed over the years....

I initially used alt.sport.spurs until one day everyone was telling Moonlit Knight what a tossers he was and he stopped off saying I'm off to join <whatever this site was called at the time - spurs update? >

I remember thinking "Wow, there's other Spurs sites?" and joining almost straight away. I don't know when he joined, but it was around then.

When did you take over running it then if you are not the father?

I used to read alt.sports.spurs and post occasionally, although I found it a bit of a zoo and I was more of a regular on the old CarlingNet spurs newsgroup. I preferred that as it was a smaller community with far fewer trolls. I can't really remember when I found this place. I'm pretty sure I was posting here in the Jol era, so perhaps around then or just before.

I remember being on this board in 2002-03 something like that, as I remember the office I was working in at the time, rather than who the players/manager were. The posters I remember from that time were: Polar, Florida Yid (who arranged GG t-shirts), Malta Yid, ChrisM, roostererel, Tottenham Paul, Sir Les, Scotty(something or other), East Stand Sal, South Stand Girl, Jaffa Cake Boy (Monster), Burberry.
Yeh about the same time as me.
Guest Totts also, Reality Check.

Back