• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Didn't Swansea used to be good?

I think I'd leave Dier out tomorrow (or at the most have him on the bench) given his current 8 yellows. You never know what mood of ref will turn out on the day. We need him for the Spam and Woolwich games. If he picks up a yellow against Swansea and one against Spam, then we've lost him for Saturday against Woolwich. If he picks up yellows Weds and Sat, we lose him for Villa and Bournemouth which should be manageable (and Mousa will be back, hopefully). I'd leave Kane on the bench, give him a bit more rest but he's there in case we are struggling. Give Chadli or Son another run out up front.
Loris
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies
Bentaleb Mason
Lamela Alli Eriksen*
Chadli

*Question mark whether Eriksen should start. He put in an absolute full shift on Thursday and may benefit from a break. He's a player I'd want against Spam and Woolwich
I'd play Trippier again tomorrow as I'd pick Walker on Weds against Spam.. I love Trippier playing but I think we''ll need that bit more defensive stability on Wednesday.

I think I'd leave Dier out tomorrow (or at the most have him on the bench) given his current 8 yellows. You never know what mood of ref will turn out on the day. We need him for the Spam and Woolwich games. If he picks up a yellow against Swansea and one against Spam, then we've lost him for Saturday against Woolwich. If he picks up yellows Weds and Sat, we lose him for Villa and Bournemouth which should be manageable (and Mousa will be back, hopefully). I'd leave Kane on the bench, give him a bit more rest but he's there in case we are struggling. Give Chadli or Son another run out up front.
Loris
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies
Bentaleb Mason
Lamela Alli Eriksen*
Chadli

*Question mark whether Eriksen should start. He put in an absolute full shift on Thursday and may benefit from a break. He's a player I'd want against Spam and Woolwich
I'd play Trippier again tomorrow as I'd pick Walker on Weds against Spam.. I love Trippier playing but I think we''ll need that bit more defensive stability on Wednesday.

that's a fair point about Dier and I agree - rest him tomorrow. Personally I'd play Kane tomorrow and give him the game off when we play Villa

Start with fast wingers to try and stop their fullbacks bombing up and down touchline and also try and take advantage of the space when their fullbacks are out of position. We need pace to counter.

Our tactics and formation may be boring but has served us well in recent away games. If we do concede then plan B of pace - barrow/monty for routs and maybe Gomis for DM.

Spurs and Arsenal are beginning to appear tired because of the games they've been playing lately. Two wingers for me, to try and get them chasing with tired legs. I normally would play with one winger though, as you can't attack down two sides at the same time, but for the next two fixtures we have to try to get the opposition moving about.

It's essential we go into the Norwich game with our confidence still intact and the last thing we need are two 5-0 drubbings so going gung-ho against Spurs & Arsenal is not an option for me as we'll get picked off, probably several times. It may sound stupid but two close 1-0 defeats wouldn't be the end of the world provided we could take two good performances away against genuine championship contenders into the Norwich/Bournemouth/Villa games and continue those good performances. Look how Hull stifled Arsenal last weekend so keep it tight and who knows. We frustrated the hell out of Arsenal last season and nicked it right at the end.

The template to beat Arsenal is already in place. We've done it a couple of times over recent seasons - so no reason to do anything cwaaazy. Sit back, defend deeply, stick Gomis on up front and pump crosses in to the box on the rare occasion we get out of our half. 1-0, job done.

Spurs? Fhuck knows.

Walker is a main source of attack for Spurs,who knows Walker's play better than most, Naughton,therefore, construct the team with Naughton playing at left wing back with the sole purpose of curtailing Walker,this could set Spurs a problem as they rely so much on their attacking full backs linking with their mid field,worth a try

They would all know Naughtons weaknesses too. I think Naughton will play, at right back , but expect him to have a hard time. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm going to nail me colours to the mast.

Swans win, were due a result against Spurs, so why not tomorrow. :)

Damn, if Kane is out who the hell is going to score for us ?

I want Rose and Walker to play v WHam and Arsenal, so let Davies and Tippier do this one. Mason will be needed v West Ham, assuming Dembele is out, so give him this game off. Let Kane begin this one from the bench too. I think we can win this with a rotated team, meaning we are as strong as possible for WHam and Arsenal.

---------------lloris
trippier----toby-----wimmer---davies
-----------dier------alli
--son--------eriksen-------lamela
-------------chadli

Damn, if Kane is out who the hell is going to score for us ?

I thought that was quite witty actually.

Well they barely mustered a shot at their ground and Kane did score a bizarre own goal

That was a Game we owe them for but its sank ther after Europa that worries me

I want an ugly win here, like leicester did over norwich, save our energy for the game against the spammers

Walker is a main source of attack for Spurs,who knows Walker's play better than most, Naughton,therefore, construct the team with Naughton playing at left wing back with the sole purpose of curtailing Walker,this could set Spurs a problem as they rely so much on their attacking full backs linking with their mid field,worth a try

lol, that's it we're screwed they've figured us out!

Dier should sit this one out. Then intentionally try and get a yellow against Spam and another against the Scum. He misses Bournemouth and Villa (who cares) and is not a worry for suspension in the critical last seven games.

But somehow we all know that's not going to happen. We're too damn proper.

Dier should sit this one out. Then intentionally try and get a yellow against Spam and another against the Scum. He misses Bournemouth and Villa (who cares) and is not a worry for suspension in the critical last seven games.

You know both Dier and Alli will pick up cards today and against Wet Spam.

This wont be the stroll in the park some think it might be. I can see another struggle today. Had we not played Thursday I would have been more confident, this may well need a scrappy winner as well

All match in the league are must-win matches for us from now on. We have to keep on winning to stay in touch with Leicester. Too bad Norwich couldn't stop Leicester. It has put the pressure back on us as Leicester are 5 points ahead of us now. We have an excellent record against Swansea, winning 7 and drawing 3 of our last 10 matches against them. In fact, until last season, we had won 7 consecutive matches against Swansea. So, it was a set back to only draw 2-2 at Swansea earlier in the season. Hope we will now use our home advantage to get back our winning record against them.

We always found it difficult to play in the league after playing in Europe. So, can see Swansea making this a difficult match for us. They are winless in 3 league matches and will be desperate to get a good result against us. Hope Kane will be fit to play after his recent injury problems. We did well without him against Fiorentina. But with Kane being our only recognized striker, it will boost our confidence and performance to have him back. Players like Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen have scored in recent matches. It will help us greatly if we can get atleast 1 goal from them. I think Son has been out of form in recent matches.

As always, we have to control the midfield area to win this match. We will miss Dembele badly if he is still out injured. We have to hope Dier and Mason will do the job against Swansea like they did against Fiorentina. Alternatively we can play Alli and Dier in centre midfield. Alli should learn to control his temper as other teams will try to provoke him. A bit worried about Dier as he has looked tired in recent matches. But don't want us to change too many things in midfield as it might make us vulnerable.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against Fiorentina. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet in this match. It is encouraging to see Alderweireld and Wimmer gelling together in recent matches since Vertonghen got injured. Obviously our greatest threat will be from our ex player Sigurdsson. We cannot afford to give away any freekicks near our goal as Sigurdsson is capable of scoring from those. Hope Walker, Rose, Trippier or Davies will avoid giving away any silly freekicks near our goal. I think Lloris should be more vocal to keep our defence alert all the times.

With Leicester winning against Norwich, we have no choice but to win this match to stay in the title race. Hope we will do do just that by beating Swansea.

Isn't there an amnesty at some point?

This wont be the stroll in the park some think it might be.

How i hope you are wrong...they are rested but we are hungry for the points...and at home...

Any latest update yet ?

Just wish Kane and Dembele can be fit to play in this match. It will help us greatly when we have all our key players back playing. Performance is not really important as long as we win this match. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the all important win !

This wont be the stroll in the park some think it might be.

How i hope you are wrong...they are rested but we are hungry for the points...and at home...

It's a Sunday and their Welsh. They'll be to tired from spending the day buggering sheep. We'll win by at least 6.

Back