• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham vs Wolves ***

Again, fair enough as you're entitled to your opinion but I see it VERY differently to that! I cant see how every position has equal responsibility going forwards and defending. Kane for example has more responsibility for attacking vs defending

Our CBs and CMs have more responsibility to hold our shape and therefore make us solid defensively.

Our attackers and WBs are more important offensively

Possession averages out at about 50% over the season, when we don’t have the ball our attackers should be pressing/closing passing lanes/tracking defenders. Likewise when we do have the ball our defenders need to be part of the build up.

The game is about space and movement, players should be influencing that constantly.

Fair enough - I see it very differently

In most games we'll be the better team on paper, and with no creativity from CM in our system, attacking threat form our WBs is essential. Therefore I see it as more important that they're good going forwards vs good defensively

we do have creativity in the middle, both Bentancur and PEH have elite level passing in their locker, albeit erratically from the Dane

one of the front three should also be dropping between the lines

Defence is equally important, Perisic didn’t cover the same way Royal did.

They have different strengths, but I’d call it even all things considered.

Not conceding goals is more important than scoring them, you only need to score once to win a game, if you concede you need to score twice.

20 years ago maybe. The game has moved on and more is expected going forward from full backs. Royal isn’t quite good enough going forward, especially in a system that Conte’s that puts so much emphasis on the full backs.

we do have creativity in the middle, both Bentancur and PEH have elite level passing in their locker, albeit erratically from the Dane

I think Bentancur is a good passer for a holding CM, but elite level is Modric etc. I dont think we have an elite level creator in our 4 CMs (Bentancur, PEH, SKipp, Bisouma)

One of the bigger questions about CM is whether Conte will go 3-5-2 like he did at Inter. Even at Chelsea he had Hazard in the front 3 of this 343 who is kind of a no 10. We dont really have that creative CM or no 10 type player (even though Kane, maybe perisic etc could do that role)

If Gil leaves, which seems likely, will be interesting to see whether we sign someone who can play the Eriksen role in his Inter team and bring that creativity

Possession averages out at about 50% over the season, when we don’t have the ball our attackers should be pressing/closing passing lanes/tracking defenders. Likewise when we do have the ball our defenders need to be part of the build up.

The game is about space and movement, players should be influencing that constantly.

Well yes, agree that all players have responsibility both with and without the ball but I really dont agree that Dier doesnt have more defensive responsibility than attacking

Well yes, agree that all players have responsibility both with and without the ball but I really dont agree that Dier doesnt have more defensive responsibility than attacking

We have the ball half of the time, our players need to be influencing space all of the time.

20 years ago maybe. The game has moved on and more is expected going forward from full backs. Royal isn’t quite good enough going forward, especially in a system that Conte’s that puts so much emphasis on the full backs.

But surely more is expected defensively from attacking players now too?

I’d say the fact that it’s Conte’s system, and Royal has been his consistent pick, despite multiple options, means he’s happy with Royal.

Showed in the second half just how much was missing in the first half.

People will inevitably point at individual players in that first half, but for me as a team we just weren't quite at it. Not intense enough off the ball and not brave enough on it. Just something missing.

That happens to most, or every, team. Very good to see us turn a mediocre first half into a much better second half. Hopefully a learning experience for the players that first half.

Wolves are a very good team lacking in end product. Them looking good against us for periods isn't a big deal. But the difference in quality over a full half shouldn't be like it was in the first half.

Thought Kulusevski was very good once again. Richarlison better than Son again. Perisic is a class act as expected. Thought Sanchez looked rusty and we really missed Romero particularly on the ball.

A good summation. I am agreeing with you a little too often for my liking ATM !

I’d say the fact that it’s Conte’s system, and Royal has been his consistent pick, despite multiple options, means he’s happy with Royal.

Attacking players are expected to work harder yes whereas they used to be given free reign. But as a whole, the most successful teams in football are attack minded who take the game to the opposition and impose their style of play on teams. Football is cyclical so this will most likely change eventually, but teams who have been successful like Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Bayern and Real are attack minded. They have players all over the pitch that are creative.

Are our slow starts and general sluggishness in the first half of games due to over training perhaps?
The set pieces are working. So that bit of training works.
Now we need to practise passing small triangles up and down the pitch

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think Bentancur is a good passer for a holding CM, but elite level is Modric etc. I dont think we have an elite level creator in our 4 CMs (Bentancur, PEH, SKipp, Bisouma)

One of the bigger questions about CM is whether Conte will go 3-5-2 like he did at Inter. Even at Chelsea he had Hazard in the front 3 of this 343 who is kind of a no 10. We dont really have that creative CM or no 10 type player (even though Kane, maybe perisic etc could do that role)

If Gil leaves, which seems likely, will be interesting to see whether we sign someone who can play the Eriksen role in his Inter team and bring that creativity
He had Hazard and Cesc. We are a million miles away from that in terms of vision, execution and quality of passing.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I’m not a huge fan of the lad because he’s very limited on the ball but he’s been arguably our best and most consistent performer in the three games so far. He’s had three very solid performances.

That’s very generous of you considering it’s been practically the same starting eleven as last season:D….

I know but he would have had them trying new things with new players in training I am sure. And TBF we were slow starters a fair bit last year hahaha

Not sure but they are a slight worry TBH. Im going to put it down to new season, new team mates for now

In the three games we’ve mostly been using the same starting eleven we finished last season with though.

It’s a big worry, with the WC gap in the middle of the season we should have had them primed and in peak condition for the start of the season.

In the three games we’ve mostly been using the same starting eleven we finished last season with though.

It’s a big worry, with the WC gap in the middle of the season we should have had them primed and in peak condition for the start of the season.

Is it a big worry? We've played three, won two, and battle to a draw at one of our immediate rivals away from home - Kane who is usually a no show in August has scored twice and our overall team performances have been sub par barring the opening day.

To me that's bloody marvellous cos it means when we start motoring we're going to steamroller teams.

Back