• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs Portsmouth, FA Cup 3rd Round, 2022-23

Don't understand the negativity around skipp, he wasn't great with the ball but was good off it.
Just back from injury, playing alongside a new partner, new player on his right and a make shift defence behind him, what were we expecting?
Two games, two clean sheets, when was the last time we could say that.
Really think that we have a quietly effective performer in him and a star in sarr, great combination.

If he'd have scored the narative would be different.

Don't understand the negativity around skipp, he wasn't great with the ball but was good off it.
Just back from injury, playing alongside a new partner, new player on his right and a make shift defence behind him, what were we expecting?
Really think that we have a quietly effective performer in him and a star in sarr, great combination.
I think we've transitioned the ball through midfield a bit quicker the last 2 games. We've also been having more possession than normal.

I think both those bigger picture things well outweigh 1 or 2 rusty heavy touchy

Back from the game, a few thoughts

- It was always get the job done kind of game, really not understanding the people trying to judge the overall quality of the game when we really play 2 first choice starters (if everyone is/was fit)
- Sarr, I think if no one told you that was a youth prospect (and he didn't look so young), you expect he was one of the senior players, another good game
- Gil, promising again, should have had another assist with Skipp, and Skipp got in the way of a decent shot from him as well, the odd mistake moment but so much positive.
- Skipp, ugly game, rusty, far off the pre-injury player
- Sanchez, honorable mention, played the CCB position, marshalled the defense, good game
- Sess, I really don't know what to say, people rage on Royal, whatever Sess had as a player is gone, no pace, can't beat a man, can't defend, can't finish, bad positioning, he's our worse player by a long shot.
- Royal, typical Royal game, slowed down the game too much, a couple of poor crosses, super unlucky with the header though.
- Davies, he doesn't know what to do with the ball, he gets to 10 yards away from the opposition box, everyone is in position in front of him and he runs out of ideas? so much attacking play broke down at last moment with him.
- Our fans, worse I have heard our support in a long time, probably got 2 chants to properly start all game, and btw, fudge the people who sit in the stand and bitch from minute 3 to minute 90 about all of our players, why fudging come, is it misery you enjoy?

Summary -> never threated, Kane, Sarr, Gil came out well, Son, Skipp struggling, we got to rest Lloris, Lenglet, Doherty, Perisic, Romero, Dier, played youth and hopefully have 1 or 2 back from injuries next week-end

Atmosphere was terrible but to be expected 1230 am 3rd round home tie against a league one side after Xmas with 10 quid kids and family tickets

At least half our support were women and kids not usuals and all over the place

9k Pompey away on their biggest game of season were allways going to sound propper

Next Sunday will be decent

Likewise

Last season after a full season with Norwich, fit and ready he played nearly the first 15+ games and was absolutely brilliant, everyone was raving over him. Been out now for 25 games (last and this season) and is bound to be rusty, people judging him on these two games and not last year, I cant work out TBH. He is clearly a talent

That was a really frustrating watch. Pompey packed the middle and defended deep, and we were pretty clueless how to get through them.

I've noticed Son drift left and be 3 yards away from the left wing back (Sess today, Perisic other days) and then the left centre back (Davies today, Lenglet other days) comes and joins in and crosses it, so we have 3 players standing 10 yards apart, all passing the buck and fannying around. Terrible.

And the same on the right, too many players all passing the buck, laying it backwards, Gil gets stopped and turns back and lays it 3 yards to Royal, he lays it 5 yards back to Tanganga, back to Sanchez, we go around the block again, then manage to work the ball back to Gil, who gives it back to Royal, who lays it back to Tanganga and we go around again

Atmosphere was terrible but to be expected 1230 am 3rd round home tie against a league one side after Xmas with 10 quid kids and family tickets

9k Pompey away on their biggest game of season were allways going to sound propper

A load of random women and kids turned up?

Partners , kids , randoms there were 14 kids from my lads local club at first football game .

poorly put but due to pricing and availability there were loads of people you’d not see usualy

Make more sense ?

- It was always get the job done kind of game, really not understanding the people trying to judge the overall quality of the game when we really play 2 first choice starters (if everyone is/was fit)
- Sarr, I think if no one told you that was a youth prospect (and he didn't look so young), you expect he was one of the senior players, another good game
- Gil, promising again, should have had another assist with Skipp, and Skipp got in the way of a decent shot from him as well, the odd mistake moment but so much positive.
- Sanchez, honorable mention, played the CCB position, marshalled the defense, good game
- Sess, I really don't know what to say, people rage on Royal, whatever Sess had as a player is gone, no pace, can't beat a man, can't defend, can't finish, bad positioning, he's our worse player by a long shot.
- Royal, typical Royal game, slowed down the game too much, a couple of poor crosses, super unlucky with the header though.
- Davies, he doesn't know what to do with the ball, he gets to 10 yards away from the opposition box, everyone is in position in front of him and he runs out of ideas? so much attacking play broke down at last moment with him.
- Our fans, worse I have heard our support in a long time, probably got 2 chants to properly start all game, and btw, fudge the people who sit in the stand and bitch from minute 3 to minute 90 about all of our players, why fudging come, is it misery you enjoy?

Summary -> never threated, Kane, Sarr, Gil came out well, Son, Skipp struggling, we got to rest Lloris, Lenglet, Doherty, Perisic, Romero, Dier, played youth and hopefully have 1 or 2 back from injuries next week-end

Top drawer overview IMO mate

Plus, to expect 8 changes to result in steam-rolling a team (and Pompey were not awful) is too high an expectation. Giving key minutes to young/rusty players with no injuries and a win is a good thing.

I had Michael Brown on my stream cocoms, a refreshing change from the usual suspects. Far less negative than most and we seem to have a place in his heart.

I thought it was great, we never had the two regular idiots behind us who moan from the team being announced until they go home, plus the bonus of not having the mugs who have 3 or 4 pints before the game and have to go for a tinkle 2 or 3 times during the match. Give me kids and mums anytime.

I thought it was great, we never had the two regular idiots behind us who moan from the team being announced until they go home, plus the bonus of not having the mugs who have 3 or 4 pints before the game and have to go for a tinkle 2 or 3 times during the match. Give me kids and mums anytime.

mmmm can understand people moving seats..but if we had just mums and kids creating the atmosphere we wouldn,t win anything!
come to think of it we havn't

Not too bad a draw for us. Preston away, tricky but doable. Winners of City v. Chelsea play at home to Arsenal; Brighton at home to Liverpool or Wolves.

Back