• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Son was already carrying a yellow. So even a yellow for that clear retaliation and he would have been off. But we need to challenge the straight red.

Poch is making things worse for himself. He is playing all these want away players. We as fans would prefer we play the guys who are staying. We have foyth, Tanganga or even Davies who can come in for Toby.

Eriksen should be benched. No matter the results I can get more behind that.
Was Son on a yellow already? Maybe it was two yellows then, which kinda makes sense.

edit: it seems he wasn't so just a fudge up by the officials.

You can't swap the yellow for the red when you spot extent of the injury. You just can't. The injury is completely irrelevant. The foul is. Was it malicious? Dangerous? A horrible tackle? By all means, give the red. Just don't change your mind because of a freak injury.

Try the other way around; is a leg breaking tackle not as serious when the tackled player walks away uninjured?

Ooh, I’m going to be unpopular here, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it at normal speed and from that normal view.

I’ve got to say the speed Son went in, and the tight angle looked to be ‘from behind’ for me.

Which I’m inclined to say at best was ‘making the referee have a decision to make’...

Ultimately I would say it's debatable, as many fouls happen like that and are given as yellows / nothing.

What makes people angry is that the ref cannot just change a yellow to a red based on injury and seemingly without checking VAR. If they check VAR and decide it's a red based on what actually happened then fine.

Rubbish, that was the kind of niggling tackle every team defending a narrow lead in the last 10 mins make.
Sidibe and delp made worse tackles in the game.
Pogba, fabinho and ferndinho would never finish a game if you reffed it.

It really wasn't. Watch Son. He picks up pace when he realised who has the ball. It was a revenge tackle, no doubt about it. The tackle itself probably wasn't deserving of a red card but there was intent to trip Gomez so Son caused his broken leg through his indiscipline. If he was on a yellow as suggested above, it was even more fudging stupid.

You can't swap the yellow for the red when you spot extent of the injury. You just can't. The injury is completely irrelevant. The foul is. Was it malicious? Dangerous? A horrible tackle? By all means, give the red. Just don't change your mind because of a freak injury.

Try the other way around; is a leg breaking tackle not as serious when the tackled player walks away uninjured?
Or a red reduced to a yellow because the player is not badly hurt. It just doesn't work like that.

The problem with VAR is their old clams using it
Give your a new born an iPhone and they can probably call the pope
Give an old clam a smart phone and you get random text sent to the wrong person
Littered with grammar and typos/spelling errors too?....

;)

He wasn’t on a yellow. He gave a yellow and altered to a red.

Are refs even allowed to do that? I mean he clearly formally awarded a yellow card and then later gives a red card??

Obviously with var thats allowed but there was no var, which is part of the problem.

I think the official record is that he gets both a yellow card and a red card! The yellow for the push and the red because of the severity of the injury (which in itself you are not allowed to base a decision on) so all in all a monstrouserty of fudge ups from the officials :eek:

I don't buy it. He's reacted and lost his head. To me, he realised who had the ball and decided to chase hard and tackle like that. He never intended to injure him but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was looking for revenge.

In the passage of play seconds before he tackled I think iwobi. It's caused fighting for your team.

Are refs even allowed to do that? I mean he clearly formally awarded a yellow card and then later gives a red card??

Obviously with var thats allowed but there was no var, which is part of the problem.

I think the official record is that he gets both a yellow card and a red card! The yellow for the push and the red because of the severity of the injury (which in itself you are not allowed to base a decision on) so all in all a monstrouserty of fudge ups from the officials :eek:
Push??v

Back