• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Arsenal ***

That's a decent view there, pal.
Turned out alright for a seat with a "restricted view" and was very happy not to see any goalmouth action in the first half :D

C-uNGLlXsAAjt85.jpg

Delighted with this win. Great to see us beating our local rivals Arsenal and finishing above them for the first time since 1995. It is also the first time we have beaten Arsenal by more than 1 goal in the league since 1993. We are now unbeaten in 6 league matches against Arsenal, winning 2 and drawing 4 matches. This is our longest ever unbeaten streak against Arsenal in our history. Too bad we couldn't score more goals as we had enough chances to win by 5 or 6 goals.

Credit to Alli and Kane for the goals. Was worried when Alli and Eriksen wasted the open goal chances in the first half. Fortunately for us, Alli scored in the second half just when we badly needed the goal. Thought Alli should have hit it first time when he had the chance but he did well to wait for the rebound after Eriksen's shot was saved. It was Alli's first goal against Arsenal. Hope he can score more in the future. Thought Kane had a quiet game after his shot was saved early in the match. But he did well to win us the penalty which he took perfectly. Apart from those goals, Wanyama, Kane, Vertonghen and Alderweireld also had shots saved in the second half. Too bad we couldn't equal the 5-0 win we had over Arsenal at home in 1983.

Thought our midfield did very well to control the midfield. Was worried when Dembele was not starting but Wanyama worked extra hard to make up for it. Wanyama had a good match as he helped our defence as well as our attack. In fact he even had a powerful shot saved by the goalie. Eriksen really should have scored instead of hitting the post from the open goal chance he had in the first half. But he did really well to create the goal for Alli when his shot was saved.

Well done to the defence for keeping the clean sheet against Arsenal. It is the first time we have kept clean sheet against Arsenal since 2009. Both Vertonghen and Alderweireld had perfect match in defence and were also also unlucky not to score in the second half. Vertonghen had one of his best games for us as he was rightly named man-of-the-match. Lloris made a few good saves in the first half but was largely untested in the second half. Frankly, Arsenal were toothless in attack and didn't trouble our defence much.

Great to see us continuing our winning run and staying in the title race. We have now won 9 consecutive league matches which is our longest winning run in the league since 1961. We have also scored 71 goals now which is our most goals scored since 1986. But it is really frustrating that Chelsea has won as well. We need a miracle to win the league title now as Chelsea only need 3 more wins to win the title and their remaining 4 matches are easy ones. Let's hope we will keep on winning to put pressure on Chelsea until then.

Had a great nights sleep, world seams a fresh and beautiful place this morning. Here is the MOTD highlights. We should have had 5-6. We smashed them!!!

In my honest assessment 2:0 flattered the Goons

It really did. Eriksen and Alli's sitters in the first half. Alderweireld's header from the corner in the second half, Jan's super shot outside the box, Kane through one on one. Probably more that I've forgotten. Cech really saved their asses from humiliation last night, even scum fans admit it.

It really did. Eriksen and Alli's sitters in the first half. Alderweireld's header from the corner in the second half, Jan's super shot outside the box, Kane through one on one. Probably more that I've forgotten. Cech really saved their asses from humiliation last night, even scum fans admit it.

mostly yeah, he got a lot of stick on their forum for not diving for the pen though

mostly yeah, he got a lot of stick on their forum for not diving for the pen though

Hah, really? He had no chance of getting that. He could've guessed, of course, but I still don't think he would've saved it. One of the best penalties I've ever seen, I think. It also ties in with what Kane said to that clam Henry before the game, that he's practised a lot on keeping shots low and in the corner.

Just gutted that we aren't going to win the league. I think we are the best team. To have such a great season and still not win anything is annoying me. Just feels like we arent going to be close again with the stadium stuff.

What do we have to do to win something!

Hah, really? He had no chance of getting that. He could've guessed, of course, but I still don't think he would've saved it. One of the best penalties I've ever seen, I think. It also ties in with what Kane said to that clam Henry before the game, that he's practised a lot on keeping shots low and in the corner.

I know, madness, I think Cech decided to stay local as Harry has gone down the middle before, a perfect penalty

Back