• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v tromso

The scary thing is that he WILL bring a strong squad to play this meaningless game, instead of keeping every single player who will feature at the weekend at home.

In AVB's head there is the pathetic logic that a win and some goals here will deflect some of the pressure off him for a few days, instead of focusing 100% on the Man Utd game.

With 4 midweek matches coming up in consecutive weeks, our squad strength is going to be severely tested. The fact 2 of those 4 are bascially now like firendlies should in reality take a little pressure off, if, completely different starting X1's are fielded against Tromso and Anzhi.
I can understand a strong team being picked for Fulham away, and quite a few 1st teamers being selected for West Ham game too.

But, as Shaneys suggests, you just know there going to be quite a few who will be doubling up on Thursday and Sunday

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/tromso-il-vs-spurs-travel-advice-251113/

Anyone on here going? Sounds like a great trip:

Tromso is a delightful little City located 200 miles inside the Arctic Circle and is often the starting point of many Polar exp
editions.
It is called the capital of the Arctic and is packed with culture and history, surrounded by mountains, fjords and islands.
The spectacular mountains are excellent for skiing and designated slopes can be found only a few hundred meters from the centre of Tromso.
The City itself has numerous cafes and restaurants with world class seafood and local specialties. Tromso is also home to museums, art galleries, a botanical garden and a Cathedral.
There is a cable car which will take you 421m up Mount Storsteinen for a fantastic view of the City. At the top, there is a cafe offering hot food and drinks and there are excellent walks to be had from here.
The lively city centre offers great shopping with ranges of locally produced specialties and souvenirs to international and Nordic brands.
Trot and 15th January.
For those fans staying for a few days, there is the opportunity to take advantage of reindeer driven sleighs and dog sledding - a number of places can offer these experiences and you should visit the Tourist Information Point at Kiregata 2, Pb. 311, 9253 Tromso between 09:00 and 16:00 for further information or visit the website - www.visittromso.no
We would suggest that you check the weather forecast prior to travelling as the weather is changeable and is currently alternating between heavy snow, blowing snow and rain.
It is expected to be very cold and warm weather clothing is essential.
Alfheim Stadium
The Stadium has a total capacity for Europa games of only 6,029 and only two sides of the Stadium will be open for use on the night.
Spurs fans should make their way to Section D where there will be a turnstile leading to the seated area. Please have your ticket ready for inspection and scanning at this point.

All seats are numbered and we have been asked to advise you that you should sit in the seat you have been allocated. You will be sat in close proximity to Tromso fans, but many of them are also Spurs fans and they are all looking forward to the game.

A free match programme will be issued at the turnstile entry point.
It is likely that Spurs fans will be held back after the match for a short while and we ask that you be patient during this time and listen to all announcements, which will be made in English.

We have a large number of Tottenham Hotspur fans based in Norway and those in Tromso are looking forward to welcoming the Club and our fans to their City.
Tottenham Venners have made us aware that they welcome all Spurs fans to a pre and post-match party at Rogers & Hawk, located at Stortorget in the city centre of Tromso. This event takes place in association with Isberget, Tromso's fanclub.

Finally, you are an ambassador of the Club and we would respectfully request that you behave accordingly throughout the entirety of your visit.

Must admit I love these kind of matches, gives you a chance to relax and enjoy the football. I git bored of the Premiere league and all this must win every match ******** and if we loose heads have to roll etc etc.

-----------Friedel------------
Naughton-Daws-Chiriches-Fryers
-------Capoue---Holtby-------
Lamela------Kane--------Chadli
------------Ade---------------

Or something like that.

-I don't want Kaboul starting again as he's still returning from injury and I think he should start against United. Might want to see some youngster at centre back instead of Vlad as I want him starting against United too, but not sure who is available. Vlad should be fine starting twice anyway.

The rest players that aren't likely to start against United. Lamela the exception, but he hasn't been playing much this season and should be fine to start a couple of games in a row. Wiouldn't mind seeing Townsend, Lennon, Sig or someone else in that attacking 3 instead of him though.

Presumably we have a fixed squad for the UEFA? Are players under a certain age always allowed to play in it?

Presumably we have a fixed squad for the UEFA? Are players under a certain age always allowed to play in it?

U21 players must be registered if they've been at the club less than 2 years or something like that. UEFA have a squad here: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2014/clubs/club=1652/

Not sure about someone like Veljkovic that might be in contention seeing as we've already qualified as I'm not sure when he was officially signed. The squad above has Kane on it and he doesn't have to be registered I think so it might be that only those listed there are available.

A slight weather update for those of you going to the game:

73cm of snow on the ground at the moment according to the meteorologists. 0.8 yards, 2.3 feet, 28.7 inches or 0.00039 nautical miles (pick your random anachronistic measuring scale as you see fit ;)). That's a fair bit for this time of year, more than is common, but no more than we usually get at some point during any given winter.

Weather forecast showing some milder weather and even rain coming up though so it might all get a bit miserable and wet by Thursday. Hopefully that turns out wrong as a couple degrees below is a lot nicer than the milder weather.

Been really windy in recent weeks (the kind that makes airports shut down), but it's better now and should be alright for Thursday.

Obviously no sunlight, a couple of hours of twilight-ish lighting mid day and that's it. Little chance of seeing any northern lights considering that the weather forecast says it's going to be cloudy, but you never know I suppose.

The weather inside at pubs is looking promising though...

If anyone is going and have any question feel free to pop them in here or send me a pm :)

What is the price of beer like up there? Anything like Oslo? I remember 2 of us ran up a £200 bar bill in Oslo a couple of years back

What is the price of beer like up there? Anything like Oslo? I remember 2 of us ran up a £200 bar bill in Oslo a couple of years back

Yeah, pretty much. Depends on the bar, but it's definitely quite expensive. ;)

Back when the pound was strong and Norwegian prices slightly less unreasonable it would have been around £3-6 for 500ml of beer. Now it's probably close to twice as much.

At least one bar in Tromsø will be doing special prices promotions for fans in Spurs supporter gear on the day of the match. But it won't be cheap, particularly not by English standards. At best you'll be looking at £5 for the cheapest local beer that will be less than a pint (most likely 0.4l). Anyone going to random pubs bars and restaurants or staying a few days extra will end up paying significantly more.

The local beer, Mack, gives me some of the worst hangovers. The other option will probably be Nordlandspils, originally brewed in Bodø. Their football team is generally considered to be Tromsø's local rival, even though they're over 300 km apart. Prober pubs will hopefully have choices beyond **** water like Ringnes and Tuborg.

The local beer, Mack, gives me some of the worst hangovers. The other option will probably be Nordlandspils, originally brewed in Bodø. Their football team is generally considered to be Tromsø's local rival, even though they're over 300 km apart. Prober pubs will hopefully have choices beyond **** water like Ringnes and Tuborg.

But Mack is hands down the best of the two. ;)

Back