• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT-Tottenham v QPR******

I think it'll be a dull, attritional game, 0-0 or won by the odd goal. Probably the effect of the other night....

@TottenhamKing69: Tottenham XI: Friedel; Walker, Gallas (C), Vertonghen, Bale; Sandro, Dembele; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Dempsey; Defoe #THFC

Allegedly...

Vertongen with a brace today. Topped off with a stylish cut across by Lennon leading to a tap in for Defoe.

Audere est Facere.

The ONLY positive i see from that is that he'll stay on the left wing?

Can see them targeting that area though

I'll be pleased if Bale is at left back because last season I was trying to champion that against "weaker" teams at home, who will sit back against us and let us have possession. He can still get forward as much as usual, but from deeper positions where he won't be picked up and we shouldn't lose much in the way of defensive stability if we are dominating possession. For it to work though the defensive midfielder has to be very disciplined so if it is happening today a big game from Sandro is required!

With Naughton and Benny out, Bale to LB is probably what I would have done given that we're at home against a team which we should beat. Away from home I would have played Verts at LB.

Pleased that we have a more like for like replacement for Bale/Lennon this year in Dempsey. We didnt have that last year and had to play players which changed out tactics and/or shape.

Disappointing that Ade still not fit

Bale will have a stormer today if he plays LB.... Ive been crying out for this all year. Square pegs in square holes, bale is not a forward - he is wasted there.

Bale is not a forward - he is wasted there.

That is a tad bold Erik :)

It will be very interesting to see how this pans out, sounds great on paper against a so-called weaker side, but if Bale goes roaming we could be very out of shape and open to goals.

Bale will have a stormer today if he plays LB.... Ive been crying out for this all year. Square pegs in square holes, bale is not a forward - he is wasted there.

I used to agree with you. However the advantage of Bale on the LW is that, with his pace, is he beats his man then he's through on goal. At LB, you would often have to beat a couple

With Assou-Ekotto and Naughton both injured and Rose out on loan, there really isn't any alternative to playing Bale at left back today.

But he really is a much better player when he starts a further 30 yards up the pitch.

Back