• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

I honestly think you watch a different game to me.

Both Holtby and Siggy have both been heavily involved.

Siggy's just been getting the ball and shooting from distance, involved in the sense that he's taking our set pieces.
Holtby hasn't been involved enough.

Agree - we look all over the place defensively and, apart from their defensive **** up and Ade picking up the rebound from Dembele's shot, we look reduced to long distance shots when we're attacking

On the flip side Basles 'chances' have been down to defensive mistakes and the only time Friedel has touched the ball is to pick it out of the net - it's a fairly sloppy game and very much open to each side

Move Dempsey out wide, put Dembele in behind Ade and get Hudd on for Holtby.

Basically the same substitution people were asking for against Everton, more or less.

We need one goal to level up the away goals and force extra-time (since I am absolutely confident that we will concede another).

Would Lloris have come out to block Salah when he was through? Moot question now.

Come on you Spurs.

Holtby off?! Our best player IMO. 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, barely given the ball away, and has made the most dangerous passes. Whereas Dembele has been absolutely woeful and Dempsey and Siggy have both been average at best. Strange.

Siggy and Holtby are linking things up very well.
We're in a better place now than we were 45 minutes ago.

We should all all out now as Basel scoring another goal isnt the end of the world.

I'd love to be drinking what some of you guys who think we'll go through are drinking.

I'm curious as to what those of you who can't ever see anything positive are drinking. I think some go into games determined to turn everything into a negative.

Would go 4-4-2, don't mind whether its Dembele or THudd alongside Parker.

Keep Holtby and Siggy wide

Either put Dempsey up with Ade or take him off and bring on Coulthrist. We need more threat up and around their box

Holtby off?! Our best player IMO. 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, barely given the ball away, and has made the most dangerous passes. Whereas Dembele has been absolutely woeful and Dempsey and Siggy have both been average at best. Strange.

We need to score. We also are not going to get in behind them. Ergo, we need players who can score from relatively far out. Holtby, for all his bustling, is useless at this, judging by the attempts on goal he's had.

Hudd, Sig, and Dembele can all smack one in from distance. Ergo my suggestion. I wouldn't mind Dempsey going off either, but he's scored so it's unlikely he will, if AVB's meritocracy is anything to go by.

On the flip side Basles 'chances' have been down to defensive mistakes and the only time Friedel has touched the ball is to pick it out of the net - it's a fairly sloppy game and very much open to each side[/QUOTE

Well he would have saved the shot if he actually dived rather than fell on the floor like a lump

I'm curious as to what those of you who can't ever see anything positive are drinking. I think some go into games determined to turn everything into a negative.

I'm usually a positive person, I start OMTs because I know we are going to win. Hell, I started this OMT before someone closed mine and pulled out this brick (probably why we arent 0-3 up). But after the first half I don't see how anyone can say we can win this, they're bettering us again for the second game running.

I sometimes find that the positive ones who go into games thinkign we're goign to smash it etc are the ones who come out and moan after we lose on how brick we are etc.

It just hasn't been a good performance though. I'm not getting the Holtby loving either. I don't think he has been that effective at all.
Positives were that Sig looks lively but we don't find him enough, were one goal closer to wiping out their away goal advantage.

Other than that? Don't see it.

Back