• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

Walker miles behind the play again! Caught out of position again! Totally to blame for the goal!

Looks like he was trying to cover centrally, meaning each defensive position had shifted over one position.

I'd like to see it again but I'd wager there's an issue at LB which causes the chain reaction.

:lol: Paddy Power advert with "Fattie Bum Bum"! One of my fave songs in the very early 80's... That's prepared me for the second half!

We had the great opportunity to lead through Eriksen, good block by fatbitchansky. We were pulled all over the place for cazorla's goal, walker far too central and deep not watching the space in his part of the pitch. Defensively ok otherwise, chiriches and dawson doing ok, our midfield holding up well. We can be fast on the counter, but we must make our chances pay, soldado dragging his shot just wide.

It's about belief and will, we need to get that and not panic. I thought we looked ok, but we do have to continue to be focused at the back to stay in it. First 10 last minutes of the next half. COYS !!!

All I would do is 1. get the teaming back together and focused.

2. Ask Ade to drop into the middle of the park when larse start to denominate possession - they will do that, its inevitable.

3. When the tide turns and we get our chances - take them.

Then who knows.

---

Its a tough ask. But while there is one goal in it we're in the game.

I think the way to these lot is to counter Arsenal, but they now have the goal. Wenger swallowed his pride last year and now is happy to concede possession for periods while his team sets and counters to good effect. But when they come forward often Monreal and Sagna are in line with our penalty box, they really come at us.

If we were competent defensively, they way United used to be, when they just compact and literally win everything that comes in the box, then counter decisively with pace the way Villa did,

It was a brave tactic from Villa this season. They surrendered the game, accepted arsenal would come at them, backed themselves to deal with it and then hurt them on the counter

Twitter / WhoScored:
Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham HT: Shots (OT) 9(3) - 6(1), Possession 55% - 45%, Tackles 10 - 8, Dribbles 3 - 6
Theo Walcott: Had as many shots in the first half against Tottenham (6) as Tottenham have managed as a whole

Passing stats for first half

Ian Wright summarising one of Walcott's moves "He's on the edge of the area with Dawson - exactly who you would want".

It was almost subliminal, he obviously doesn't rate him.

Nice to see the ref talking to the Captain about general tackling/gamesmanship

Thought that we were just totally outclassed to be honest. Not sure what the answer is.

Yet we could have scored and we're only one goal behind. Lots of positive for me. Good last ditch defending - bar the goal - and a 19 yo making his full debut.

Back