• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

I think he's exceptional on THE RIGHT of the CBs…I also think he'll rediscover form fast. He's a fine player.

Why? He's rarely played RCB for us yet and played LCB for Steaua as well as Romania, I don't think either side makes adifference to him, he had one below-par game, that's all.

Today's midfield did not work, don't want to see that particular set up again.

Capoue or Sandro in for Dembele, back 4 need some kind of shield.

Neither Lamela or Siggy had good games, we can't carry both, drop one for Chadli/Lennon (if fit)

Two up front stay the same (please don't start JD).

If we play Ade and Soldado then Chadli is a good shout, I know he doesn't look spectacular but he's need and tidy with good positioning and occupies his FB well. Also has a decent cross so if those 2 are playing they may actually lead to something, before when it was just Soldado none of the other midfielders was getting into the box now with 2 strikers and hopefully a runner from midfield those crosses will start to be a real handful to defend against.

Team 1

------------------Lloris
Walker--Chiriches--Vert--Rose
----------Sandro--Eriksen
Lennon--------Ade--------Lamela
---------------Soldado

Team 2

------------------friedel
Fredericks--Kaboul--dawson--ekotto
----------capoue--dembele
Chadli--------paulinho--------townsend
---------------defoe

Sell Naughton.

That leaves holtby and Siggurdsson as a little extra. But good for squad depth as both canal ay a few positions.

As for how do we improve for January, well striker department is the clear one there. Swap Defoe for as genuinely class, yang understudy and that is one hell of a squad. With all the kids providing further depth.

That sort of off topic. We'll...completely off topic. It sort of led me to the conclusion that we shoud play

Tottenham

Team 1

------------------Lloris
Walker--Chiriches--Dawsom--Rose
----------Sandro--Eriksen
Chadli--------Ade--------lamela
-------------soldado

Presuming Sandro's back and Lennon isnt

Why? He's rarely played RCB for us yet and played LCB for Steaua as well as Romania, I don't think either side makes adifference to him, he had one below-par game, that's all.

When Verts is fit, my ideal partnership would be Verts and Chiriches…Verts on the left, Chiriches on the right…just my preference. I think the pair could become a marvelous partnership...

When Verts is fit, my ideal partnership would be Verts and Chiriches…Verts on the left, Chiriches on the right…just my preference. I think the pair could become a marvelous partnership...

Agreed. Vlad could be amazing once he settles down. Yesterday it looked like he was trying to make too many interceptions rather than hanging back a touch, especially for their first goal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - Lloris - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Walker - - - Dawson - - - Chiriches - - - Rose
- - - Capoue - - - Paulinho - - - Dembele - - -
- - - Lamela - - - Ade - - - Eriksen - - -

4-3-3 Paulinho as offensive midfielder. If Vertongen is ok he starts instead of Chiriches.

IMO, in this league, you need 1 centre-half who can head the ball, and one with a bit of pace/nous to sweep up. I think Vlad and Vert would fall between two stools, as neither of them are that quick nor good in the air. I think one of them could play alongside more of a beast -- and my choice would be THE beast himself, Sandro. He isn't that quick, but he is excellent in the air, strong as a lion and has the best defensive instincts of any player in our squad. I think he'd be the b*llocks as a centre-half for us.

Holtby and vapour both played a half. Don't think it means anything to be honest. Just gets them some game time.

Heard rumours holt by when off in a huff down the tunnel when Defoe came on. Surely bull****

Wow rightly or wrongly Tims the gaffer........

so following on from Sundays epic win I give you another edition of 'tims teamtalk'

Adebayor walks back into the cramped changing room after taking a quick toilet break, as he walks to his designated space jermaine defoe starts trumpeting the 'inspector gadget' theme tune...this brings gales of laughter from the english contingent of the dressing room......Les Ferdinand is in fits and Sherwood, decked out in his tracksuit has a wry smile on his face...the foreign players look bemused until Kyle Walker starts reenacting the goal celebration dance......this time they join in the laughter....even Adebayor cant help grinning.

Tim looks up to the bland changing room ceiling....savouring the smell of his huddled squad...realisation hits him.....years of planning and scheming and hoping....and he was finally here.......all the hard work has led to this.......time to get to work.

'right then' he exclaims to the ceiling before looking down and taking in his players......'we know where we stand now......you have to put up with me and I have to get the best out of you lot!' we start today!!!!!! its a clean start for everyone' and its time we started treating this place like home' 'time we set a few white hart lane wrongs right'......Anyone who thinks today will be a pushover can leave now!!!!West Brom are scrapping for their lives and will come here to shut you down....they will come here to frustrate and **** on our parade. We must not let that happen!!!!!!

Tim stops and points to a blown up picture of the Premier league table....marked in bold is Tottenhams & West Broms league position and points total......

'Thats the difference in quality right there lads......but it means sod all if just one or two of you are complaceant today!!!! We know our shape and we know we can create like we did on Sunday......'Lets start this game on the front foot today........lets show the fans we mean business...........lets get them out of their seats and cheering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Forget whatever crap has happened before we are six points off the top......its time we gave a home peformance....lets go out and be positive and get the win!!!!!

A klaxon goes off in the dressing room...the signal that the referee and his assistants are ready and they want the teams in the tunnel.........Michael Dawson claps his hands together as a rallying cry as the team get to their feet......Sherwood places his hand on Adebayors shoulder.....'oh and be careful with the dancing ade......I dont want you booked needlesley' Emmanual Adebayor grins before turning round to join his teammates who are marching to war.

Can't decide whether I'd prefer Eriksen in cm or left side. Don't want to drop Mousa but would prefer the protection of a DM, like Capoue

Back