• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
.....................Lloris....................... .....

..Walker….-Dawson- Verts/Chiriches…..-Rose

Lamela……-Dembele….-Eriksen………..-Sig............

...………….. Soldado - Ade...…..

Subs:

Holtby
Sandro
Chadli
Friedel
Bentaleb
Lennon
Fredericks

Spurs 3-1 WBA

Officials:
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Asst Ref 1: H Lennard
Asst Ref 2: J Flynn
4th official: D Drysdale

Last edited:
For some reason, I really want us to use Sandro at centre-half. To me, it seems our weakest position and he is such a lion, with such tremendous defensive instincts. He's excellent in the air and much better on the ball than Dawson. I think the current, devil-may-care attitude of the team will see us bang in more goals than WBA and win the game.

Give Bentaleb a start if Dembele isn't quite ready, he did enough against the saints to show he's ready. We'll need to change the team about a bit for Stoke anyway, being that the games are so close together.

------------lloris
walker--sandro--vlad--rose
lamela--bentaleb--eriksen--sig
--------ade---soldado

subs:
friedel, dawson, lennon, holtby, defoe, chadli, kane (if harry kane is fit, use him to rest adebayor at some point in this game).

.....................Lloris

..Walker….Dawson…Chiriches.....Rose

......Dembele...Capoue...Holtby

.....Lamela……Soldado…..Eriksen

Manager: van Gaal or Spalletti

Dembele's fit, Sherwood said so after the game. Not sure about Sandro and Lennon but the word on the cyber street is Sandro's another couple of weeks and Lennon could be 6 weeks. Don't take my word for it though, better to wait until other reliable sources such as Spurs Twitter or Mumorn confirm.

I would put Capoue in in place of Dembele or Bentaleb but given we didn't start with a ball-winner away at Southampton today, I cant see us playing one on Thurs!

......Eriksen...Dembele...Bentaleb

.....Lamela……Soldado…..Adebayor

......Dembele...Capoue...Holtby

.....Lamela……Soldado…..Eriksen

Manager: van Gaal or Spalletti

You gonna be cheering WBA on if Sherwood is in charge?

-------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson---------Chiriches---------------Rose

Chadli--------------Eriksen----------Dembele---------------Siggy

-----------------------Soldado------Ade----------------------------

sorry i really want Lamela to play consecutive games but i really think we can do some damage with one of the wide players playing as an out and out winger.

You gonna be cheering WBA on if Sherwood is in charge?

-------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson---------Chiriches---------------Rose

Chadli--------------Eriksen----------Dembele---------------Siggy

-----------------------Soldado------Ade----------------------------

sorry i really want Lamela to play consecutive games but i really think we can do some damage with one of the wide players playing as an out and out winger.

Yep. Gotta suck the poison out.

The Dutch press are going pretty big now on Levy meeting van Gaal today, so hopefully I wont be in that position.

Wanting West Brom to win and wanting to drop Chiriches after one bad game. This board sometimes ...

IMO West Brom is the weakest of the sides we'll play over Christmas. We should have course aim to win both home games, but we can't ignore ManU completely. This would be much easier if I had any insights into fitness levels and injuries :lol:

At Old Trafford I'd go:

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose
Lennon Sandro Dembele Eriksen
---------- Paulinho
----------- Ade

Chadli for Lennon if he can't make it and Capoue for Sandro. Hopefully Vertonghen isn't too far off.

Then we reverse engineer to arrive at the WBA team:

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose
-------Dembele Eriksen
Chadli ---------------- Holtby
-------- Ade Soldado

Paulinho? he can sit on the bench for a sustained period now (his father is no longer manager). We now know Lamela works hard enough so he can be given a chance in that role behind the front man...i agree with the rest of that team though (for United).

Back