• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Tranmere

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooh, good knowledge clownfoot.

Put it like this, should Spurs sign the "proper monster CB who can play" or is he a bit sh*t?

I always want Spurs to win... but I think we have a LOT of injuries and a LOT of other priorities, so right now we should play reserves and see what happens come March

Second best game of the season for me (3rd round FA Cup day), not looking forward to the drive back from Tranmere on a Friday night though. Hoping we take the game serious enough to get the win.

------------Gazza-----------

KWP--Sanchez--Foyth--Davies

----Skipp---Winks*----

--Moura--Son/Dele--GKN

------Llorente--------

*Will probably have to alternate with Sissoko to stop one of them having to play about 10 games in 20 games.

Great news about the injured players coming back. Is Aurier back as well then? Wasn't in the squad against Cardiff but not explicitly mentioned in the team news?

Is there a manager at a top club that doesn't rotate? You can argue about the extent of the rotation, but some rotation I think is warranted. Both for the games coming up, but also to give experience to young players with limited game time like KWP, Foyth, Skipp.

I've no problem with resting players who need a rest, but keeping it to no more than 3 players a game, after that you lose the fluidity of the team play and the understanding built up between defence and midfield. Just suggesting 8 to 9 changes is both stupid and asking for trouble.

I've looked it up, it's on BT Sport 2 for those of us of a UK persuasion. (And those who can join in.)

Probably mentioned above. But in his press conference, Poch said that Kane will be in the squad.
Implying he will name a very strong squad and presumably mix in a few reserves and keep the super-knackered-first-teamers on the bench.

Nice to see the total lack of respect for the competition and our opponents shown on here, similar to the chauvinism prior to the Wolves game. The one think I know for certain after watching football for over 60 years is that you can't assume victory over any team. Rotation has soften the brain of many and they assume that if you leave a player out of a game he will play better in an other game, simply ridiculous, but never mind give everyone something to moan about. Me I'd pick our best and fittest players as I want us to win the Cup.

We always play heavily rotated teams in the early rounds of the cup. Poch has got us to two semi-finals doing this, whereby our best XI contrived to lose those games. Playing a 'weak' team v Tranmere won't stop us winning the cup, but playing our strongest team might stop us being fresh enough to beat Chelsea on Tuesday.

I think we have to gamble a bit and rest a lot of players. We've just played absolutely loads of games, we have Chelsea in a semi-final on Tuesday next week. We must take this opportunity to rest our top players. We can still squeak by Tranmere with a weaker team.

---------------gazza
------sanchez---foyth----davies
kwp-------skipp----oakley-booth----aurier
---------gkn----llorente----moura

Tranmere are a mid-table league 2 team, but they do have a decent home record this season, only losing 1 game and only conceding 5 goals. They have only scored 17 goals at home though (in 13 games). Any team we put out should be capable of getting a result.

Foyth has played away in a North London derby, as has Gazza. KWP played away at Barca. Skipp has started a Premier League game at Wembley. Aurier, Llorente and Moura are experienced players who have played Champions League football. Davies is rock solid, an international and a high-level performer, same for Sanchez. The only real risk in that team is the centre-midfield. But then we would probably loan our young players out to teams that are higher level than league 2. GKN is not all that but if he can't put in a performance against a league 2 team, then wtf is he doing here?

If we really had to, we could put in Dele in place of Oakley-Booth. But I think it's worth the risk.

----------------Gazza--------------
KWP---Foyth---Sanchez---Davies
--------Skipp-------Sissoko---------
Son---------Moura--------GKN-----
-------------Llorente-----------------
Subs:
Vorm, Aurier, Alderweireld, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Kane

Plenty rested, hopefully enough in that team to get through. If we're struggling like last seasons' cup games then there's good options on the bench.

Last edited:
We're actually playing this lad tomorrow.

7937850-6538599-image-a-39_1546115570173.jpg

I cannot believe this is real. He looks like a northern Shrek. His legs look like kegs ffs.

Unbelievable. I'm imagining him 1 on 1 against Sonny in a foot race :ross:

Whatever team we put out should be good enough to win. They will be right up for this so as long as we match their intensity, we will win. Wrong attitude and it could potentially be a banana skin.

Back