• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

---------------- Lloris
Walker --- Kaboul --- Vertonghen --- Rose
--------------- Capoue
------ Dembele --------- Paulinho
---------------- Eriksen
------ Soldado -------- Adebayor

Bench: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Lennon, Townsend, Bentaleb, Defoe

I know that's a pretty narrow set-up, but I think it's a formation that would bring out the best in Soldado, and with Defoe about to leave I think it's about time we played to his strengths and got his confidence up. If we don't then all it'll take is an injury to Adebayor (or one of his big drops in form) and the season is effectively over. If it's not working, then we can bring on Lennon and Townsend and widen the play a bit. I'm a big fan of Lennon, but I really think we need to focus on Soldado for at least 55 minutes.

Of course, Bentaleb seems to be undroppable (I worry that Sherwood is trying to prove some kind of point, even at the expense of putting out the best team) and I doubt we'll see Dawson left out of the first eleven any time soon. I don't think either of them have played too badly of late, but we need to find out if Kaboul can still put in a decent performance and - as I say - I think we need to play to Soldado's strengths right now (and we need to do the same with Lamela when he's fit... these are two players who could provide the spark we're missing at the moment - if they play as well as they're supposed to be capable of - but we'll never know unless we play them)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 - 3 Spurs (Soldado hat-trick)

COYS!

A bit like with our games at Southampton, Man Utd and Swansea, I feel Tim is fortunate in that we are playing these at a good time when their key players are injured/suspended and they are on a bad run (this isn't meant as a dig at Tim, more a general observation with some relevance to our results under him to keep feet on the ground).

Think I'm right in saying Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be without Coloccini, Tiote and Remy, as well as obviously Cabaye who was good at the Lane when they won. We on the other hand have just about everyone back from injury now, so no excuse not to win this.

My team would be: LLORIS WALKER DAWSON VERTONGHEN ROSE CAPOUE DEMBELE LENNON ERIKSEN TOWNSEND ADEBAYOR

Not even a big fan of Andros but I feel Eriksen is wasted out on the left, get him inside, especially as they are missing their defensive midfielder. No chance of Capoue playing over Bentaleb or/and Paulinho but I gotta keep my fingers crossed just incase.

Again I reckon this will depend on if Ade turns up. If he does, we will win, if not then probably not. One thing for sure is we won't win by more than one goal, but I have a good feeling we'll get the job done 0-1 or 1-2.

COYS

One thing I learned from a stadium tour at St James is how the pitch slopes so heavily from left to right as camera looks. Toon usually always kick downhill in second half. When they drew 4-4 with l'**** all goals were scored down the slope. Look out for it on the TV - you can see by the height of the advertising it.

Good post , I shall look

Premier League Away Table 2013-14...

P441_zps17250449.png

wow, starting with Redknapp, continuing with AVB, and now under TS, our away form just gets better and better. Never thought id see it after years and years of awayday cowardice performances

still, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will turn us over....Pardew and Ashley love beating Spurs, makes their season it seems

Tough game, Saudi Sportswashing Machine got turned over at home by their arch rivals for the second year in a row so their fans will be vying for blood and our record there isn't great so not ideal conditions for us to go into this game. I still think it's a winnable game though but not the easiest.

wow, starting with Redknapp, continuing with AVB, and now under TS, our away form just gets better and better. Never thought id see it after years and years of awayday cowardice performances

Ahh, for the season's of 2 away wins all year ...

Re team selection, one of Sandro/Capoue must play
Not sure why everyone is putting JD in their side, didn't all the media say Sunday was his last game for us? or was that last game at WHL?
Midfield need a little more discipline in this performance

Probably another must win if we want to stay in distance of top 4 (and keep Everton/United off our back)

Ade got a dead leg on sunday but played through the pain, had lengthy treatment after but should be fine for tomorrow night

Do you think it would take another injury/suspension for him to bring Kaboul back into the starting 11? If so I guess we'd have to wait until the Europa game to see if he can play the full 90

Not sure why everyone is putting JD in their side, didn't all the media say Sunday was his last game for us? or was that last game at WHL?

Probably another must win if we want to stay in distance of top 4 (and keep Everton/United off our back)

Last league game at WHL.

He is still here for a home EL game on 27th.

Sandro still out, so is Lamela and Chiriches, and now Sigurdsson has joined the walking wounded.

With no match at the weekend before the Thursday/Sunday games start again, hopefully Sandro, Siggy and Chiriches will be back for the Norwich match to help with squad rotation.
Sounds like Lamela has had a minor setback, so we probably wont see him until March at least

Sandro still out, so is Lamela and Chiriches, and now Sigurdsson has joined the walking wounded.

With no match at the weekend before the Thursday/Sunday games start again, hopefully Sandro, Siggy and Chiriches will be back for the Norwich match to help with squad rotation.
Sounds like Lamela has had a minor setback, so we probably wont see him until March at least

Chiriches is out for 6 weeks or so according to the newswire.

I'd drop Lennon and start Townsend, shame we thought we didn't need another left back because we could have bought one and dropped Rose.

Just when and how did Lamela get injured? He never plays.

Back